Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
RWolver672

Great PVP

Recommended Posts

I wish it were permissible to mention a PVP's name on here.  Yesterday I called ours to book a cruise on the Mardi Gras for Feb, 2021.  We cruise with my brother and SIL and always choose two cabins side by side and open the divider on the balcony.  He already could see that both couples could book under the $500 off casino rate + $50 in Fun Play.   Our PVP did some checking and found that nowhere on their site is a listing of the cabins that the balconies connect.  It is listed for connecting cabins but not balconies.  

 

I was on the phone with him for well over a half hour and he checked with his supervisor.  He came back on and said that they were having trouble finding the info.  He put me back on hold to talk with his supervisor again.  He came back on and said that his supervisor was now talking with their supervisor and would get back to be as soon as he found out anything.  At this point, I was grateful for blood pressure medicine.  It was working and I learned several times that Carnival consumes over a thousand tons of pineapple per year.  🤣

 

At long last, he came back with what he had learned.  They start at the front of the ship.  So, every two cabins from the front should have connecting balconies.  We wanted to book on Deck 16.  The first cabin is a suite.  Does that count?  I told him that I didn't think a suite balcony would connect with a standard balcony.   He wasn't sure but did agree that it probably didn't.  

 

I really felt sorry for the poor guy.  He was so apologetic that he couldn't find the info for me.  At the end of the conversation, he told me that he had already booked many reservations on the Mardi Gras and wouldn't you know it, I was the first to ask a question that he couldn't answer.  He did say that he was glad I did ask because he knows it will come up again.  Hopefully they will add it to the system as soon as they know because it will come up again.

 

We settled for 16247 and 16251.  There is a suite first on the bump out, then 16247 so hopefully it will connect with 16251.  

 

I hope they pay him well because he did a great job with  what they gave him to work with.    And that is why I always use a PVP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

 I learned several times that Carnival consumes over a thousand tons of pineapple per year.  🤣

 

 

Mostly served in frothy tropical drinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

I wish it were permissible to mention a PVP's name on here.  Yesterday I called ours to book a cruise on the Mardi Gras for Feb, 2021.  We cruise with my brother and SIL and always choose two cabins side by side and open the divider on the balcony.  He already could see that both couples could book under the $500 off casino rate + $50 in Fun Play.   Our PVP did some checking and found that nowhere on their site is a listing of the cabins that the balconies connect.  It is listed for connecting cabins but not balconies.  

 

I was on the phone with him for well over a half hour and he checked with his supervisor.  He came back on and said that they were having trouble finding the info.  He put me back on hold to talk with his supervisor again.  He came back on and said that his supervisor was now talking with their supervisor and would get back to be as soon as he found out anything.  At this point, I was grateful for blood pressure medicine.  It was working and I learned several times that Carnival consumes over a thousand tons of pineapple per year.  🤣

 

At long last, he came back with what he had learned.  They start at the front of the ship.  So, every two cabins from the front should have connecting balconies.  We wanted to book on Deck 16.  The first cabin is a suite.  Does that count?  I told him that I didn't think a suite balcony would connect with a standard balcony.   He wasn't sure but did agree that it probably didn't.  

 

I really felt sorry for the poor guy.  He was so apologetic that he couldn't find the info for me.  At the end of the conversation, he told me that he had already booked many reservations on the Mardi Gras and wouldn't you know it, I was the first to ask a question that he couldn't answer.  He did say that he was glad I did ask because he knows it will come up again.  Hopefully they will add it to the system as soon as they know because it will come up again.

 

We settled for 16247 and 16251.  There is a suite first on the bump out, then 16247 so hopefully it will connect with 16251.  

 

I hope they pay him well because he did a great job with  what they gave him to work with.    And that is why I always use a PVP.

I have had the same PVP for years now I could do the booking myself but I always call him he is great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome!  I can't say enough positives about my PVP as well.  He's amazing, always gets us the best possible pricing, gives great advice, helped make changes, given us heads up on great deals, better cabin selection since all cabins available are not shown on the website,  and helped us cancel during an emergency making sure I had all the information our 3rd party travel insurance company would need for that.  Always a quick response to email or phone calls.  Can't imagine not using him, even when I know exactly what I want.

 

Cheers to all great PVPs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

Awesome!  I can't say enough positives about my PVP as well.  He's amazing, always gets us the best possible pricing, gives great advice, helped make changes, given us heads up on great deals, better cabin selection since all cabins available are not shown on the website,  and helped us cancel during an emergency making sure I had all the information our 3rd party travel insurance company would need for that.  Always a quick response to email or phone calls.  Can't imagine not using him, even when I know exactly what I want.

 

Cheers to all great PVPs!

 

 

Ditto!!!  Cheers to all great PVPs!  Love mine!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point my PVP knows exactly what we want and she does a great job of getting us everything we want and even some stuff we didn't know we wanted/needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My PVP won PVP of the year. However, my friend booked an upcoming cruise through her PVP so I used hers for ease. I found hers to be even nicer and not quite as busy as mine,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually self-book, but also used a PVP for my Mardi Gras Transatlantic booking. And glad I did! He got us a better room for a better price and $50 credit pp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PVP can be a great tool, I text mine when I have a question. He normal text me back right away or if he is working will call me right away and then said me a email. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me in the "Hooray for great PVPs" crowd!  I'm very satisfied with mine.  I loved the one I had for many years before him, too.  She was great!  Alas, she got promoted to corporate.  But her replacement is a very good PVP who has always been very helpful, responsive, friendly, and easy to reach in a hurry.  A good PVP will adjust to each individual client's way of wanting and doing things.  And mine is no exception.  I call him - he never calls me, except for the "Bon Voyage" call, just before sailing, which I think is a nice little touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gatorfan01 said:

How does one get a PVP? 

 

Was wondering the same thing.  Was feeling left out of this positive post!  I always try to point out the positives to supervisors when I'm travelling because I'm sure they hear so much negative!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called the 800 number with a question about pricing and with a day got a call from a PVP. He left a voice mail and since my question had been answered,, I didn’t call back until a week later and spoke to him. Seemed very nice and knowledgeable so I will proceed with him once I get my TA booked cruise canceled. Usually always do everything myself with no problems but this time was told to use a specific TA to book with a wedding group. She is terrible and charged more than the online pricing. Unfortunately I paid deposit with gift cards so have to have her cancel and wait for the replacement gift cards to book the new rate and use them.

I’ve always been skeptical that the PVPs who call you are probably either new or not busy but I shall see how this works out.

You can also just call the 800 number and ask for a PVP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either ask (where allowed, it's verboten on this board) someone for the contact info for theirs, or simply call up the Carnival 800 number and request one.  Sometimes, you will get automatically assigned one after your first Carnival cruise.  That's how I got my first PVP.  You may even already have one and not know it.  If this is the case, a rep at the call center could tell you so.

Edited by ShakyBeef
puncuation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish my pvp worked night work so I could actually book with him. I usually book around 2-3am.

 

The one time I managed to book with him i wound up cancelling. 🙁

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AdGuyMG said:

Mostly served in frothy tropical drinks.

Also, if you're not sure whether you are a Red Frog or a Blue Iguana, just look at which bar you're sitting in, and there's your answer amigo! (cue annoying upbeat Caribbean music).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Charm2018 said:

 

Was wondering the same thing.  Was feeling left out of this positive post!  I always try to point out the positives to supervisors when I'm travelling because I'm sure they hear so much negative!

I got ours by sending an e-mail to Carnival asking for a PVP that had been with the company for a few years and had sailed on their ships.  The following day  our PVP sent me an e-mail introducing himself and giving me his qualifications.

 

The day after my original posting above, I sent him an e-mail thanking him for his professionalism and ask if I could have the e-mail address of his supervisors to tell them how great he was.  He replied with the addresses of his sales coach and the Senior VP of Sales.  I'm guessing that those are the two that he kept conferring with during our call.  I hope that the letter gives him some kind of Kudos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...