SIP and SAIL is available!

chamima

I just checked and Sip and Sail is available for our 2 future cruises.

One went up $340 and one went up $260.

In the past we were always able to add it for no extra so will have to decide if it's worth it this time.

I'd love to hear other people's experiences with adding it to their cruises.

We booked a Tahiti cruise on launch day and I've been following the pricing knowing we wanted the Sip and Sail package.  On Tuesday I noticed the price had increased $284 and yesterday (pre-sail) another $100 for a $384 difference.  The Sip and Sail price is yesterday's price.  Given that it is a 10 day cruise, we will be paying about half the normal price for the Premium Beverage Package so we are going to do it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, capriccio said:

We booked a Tahiti cruise on launch day and I've been following the pricing knowing we wanted the Sip and Sail package.  On Tuesday I noticed the price had increased $284 and yesterday (pre-sail) another $100 for a $384 difference.  The Sip and Sail price is yesterday's price.  Given that it is a 10 day cruise, we will be paying about half the normal price for the Premium Beverage Package so we are going to do it.

We also booked on launch day but I haven't checked fares since then.

Looks like Princess raised prices just in time to be able to say no price increase for Sip and Sail.

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

10 day Southern on SKY ... 11/15/20 ... up 'only' $ 80 from yesterday  ... so a solid Sale right now ...

not sure if it had gone up from initial launch fare ... any way to backtrack that ?

No way I know of unless you have a screenshot of it  or a friend who booked that day.

Even the "fishy" site isn't always accurate.

13 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

my current booked cruise cabin is no longer available;  how do I know if sip and sail would be up or down on my cruise?

Is there anything in your cabin category available?

If not call your TA and ask them to check.

I am booked on Sky Princess in a window suite;  there are only two per ship;  There is a different date avail with a price of  $144 more than my current price.  We are trying to get the best viewing date for the colorful views in New England and Canada

20 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

my current booked cruise cabin is no longer available;  how do I know if sip and sail would be up or down on my cruise?

From my experience, if this is the case Princess will not refare or give you the Sip & Sail drink package as there are no cabins available ( thus no current price) in the category your cabin is booked in.  However, I have emailed my TA to at least try!

AF-1, if I am not mistaken, you are speaking of the Window Suites? We have one booked on the Sky Princess for October 2020 and the category is sold out/not available. I am not expecting to get the Sip & Sail promotion on my booking because of this and will be pleasantly surprised if I do!

• Like 1

bagney,  you are correct;  we have window suite booked for Oct 10th, 2020;  The only option I see now would be to move the date to late Sep, or late Oct; there are WS cabins avail as of now.

2 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

I just checked Sip and Sale not showing up here yet on the west coast.  Maybe when they open here at in about an hour.  It is 6:10 am here right now.

On the east coast it was available around 7 am when I checked.  It wasn't listed in 'Deals'; you had to go to the specific cruise to see it.

Edited by capriccio

Eh.  I had a look at all of my bookings.  For two, no cabins available in my category, so can't compare.  For one, Sip & Sail is not offered at all (strange, other cruises the same month do show it offered).  

For the other two, Sip & Sail is available and cabins in my category are too.  In both cases the uncharge is the same, about $32 / day / pax.  This is not attractive to me since my wife drinks exclusively soft drinks so effectively it's as if I'm paying for the PDP for one.  As I say eh.  It's possible I'd save a very few bucks, but then again would have to pay a higher fare 75 days ahead of sailing.  Rather keep the money in my pocket and pay for what I actually drink.

My advice, check carefully, consider the number of port days (when you're unlikely to fully exploit the package), consider your actual drinking behavior & make a logic driven choice based on your own likely behavior vs the added cost.  Oh, and keep your eyes open for better offers along the way.

43 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

I just checked Sip and Sale not showing up here yet on the west coast.  Maybe when they open here at in about an hour.  It is 6:10 am here right now.

Ok I see it showing.  

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

bagney,  you are correct;  we have window suite booked for Oct 10th, 2020;  The only option I see now would be to move the date to late Sep, or late Oct; there are WS cabins avail as of now.

It is available for my cruise.  One left.  We have  the other one.  

Does the package include the coffee and sodas? 

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

My TA just got back to me.  She was able to get the promo for just $109 more per person!!  We're happy.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, milolii said:

Ok I see it showing.  

It is available for my cruise.  One left.  We have  the other one.  

Free Premier Beverage Package applies to guests booked in a balcony stateroom or above. It is valid only for guests 1 & 2 per stateroom who are 21 years or older, and is not applicable during the land portion of cruisetours. Guests 1 & 2 who are under 21 will receive the Premier Coffee & Soda Package. The Premier Beverage Package price is $59.99 per guest, per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $70.79 per day). A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply. The package may be used on a single voyage only, is not redeemable for cash at any point during the cruise and expires at the end of that voyage. Premier Beverage Package terms differ on all vessels departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand. Free Premier Coffee & Soda Package applies to guests 1 & 2 in an Inside or Oceanview Stateroom, and is also applicable to guests 3 & 4 booked in all staterooms and is not applicable during the land portion of cruisetours. The Premier Coffee & Soda Package price is $19.99 per guest, per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $23.59 per day). The Premier Coffee & Soda Package excludes all alcoholic items. The package may be used on a single voyage only, is not redeemable for cash at any point during the cruise and expires at the end of that voyage. Premier Coffee & Soda Package terms differ on all vessels departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.

Premier Beverage Package$70.79 per person, per day

Enjoy a wide range of drinks for $59.99 per day plus a 18% gratuity. The Premier Beverage Package includes any individual beverage item such as fountain soda, bottled water, cocktails, spirits, wine by the glass, beers, coffee and tea, up to $12 (retail value). A 25% discount is also offered on all bottles of wine when purchased in bars, dining room or specialty restaurants.

Edited by AF-1
added txt

6 minutes ago, milolii said:

This is the description of the Premier Beverage Package from the Princess website:

What is Included

• The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $16.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The package includes all bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Gong Cha items, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.
  • The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine, one liter bottles of water, canned soda and bottled juices.
  • The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to each venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.
  • If dining at a specialty dining venue, a large bottle of water (one liter) of still or sparkling is covered by the package.

We are booking a b2b2b under the S&S. The fare is higher than it was last week, about 2 to 3 days worth of the S&S. This will lock in our cabin for the 2021 voyages. We probably will change to the 3 for free if it becomes available. I noticed that the S&S ends July 16th. Wonder what comes next? The past few years the 3 for free didn't begin until September.

Coral Princess

19 Days Panama Canal Pacific Adventure Roundtrip from Los Angeles, California, United States

Departure Date April 21, 2020

Balcony Cat BE

Booked with Princess May 18, 2018

Total Price $7578.00

Transferred Booking to TA May 20, 2018

Total Price $6996

Rebooked with TA 3 for Free Sale Sept 19, 2018

Total Price $5796.00

Includes Gratuities ($551), $200 P/P OBC

Princess Sale May 4, 2019

Total Price $7348

Includes Gratuities ($551), $125 P/P OBC

Non Sale June 5, 2019

Total Price $6748

Non Sale June 6, 2019

Total Price $6528

Sun Drenched Sale June 11, 2019

Total Price $6528

Sip & Sail

June 13, 2019

Total Price $8088

Edited by billco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

I've been tracking those prices too and see the same $384 increase in price.  I'm going to check on refaring with this promo provided that we can keep our same cabin.

Interestingly enough I've been tracking fares for our Antarctica cruise in January.  Although Sip & Sail doesn't apply to that cruise, prices for balcony through suite cabins all increased by $570 from yesterday, and oceanview went up $190.  This is a 16 day cruise and there aren't any promos applicable to this cruise, yet it's priced as if Sip & Sail is included.  Another head scratcher.