Sewage smell on Empress?

Many of the most recent Empress reviews mention a strong sewage smell midship.  I cancelled one cruise for Empress on the day of final payment and booked another one later in the month of September so I could see if things got better.. Anyone have any details on if they are working on a fix? Is it bad enough for those of you that have recently sailed on her that it would prevent you from going again?

Edited by coaster

While I can’t comment on Empress, I do have an interesting related story.  DH and I were on Adventure a few years ago, and there was always a strong sewage smell by the elevators.  I made a comment about it to fellow CC cruisers who were in our elevator (they had CC lanyards), and they got mad at me??!!  Apparently, it was their favorite ship, and my comment completely offended them?  It was so odd.  And they were so mean and snooty!  At least one was wearing a little pinnacle pin.

30 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

While I can’t comment on Empress, I do have an interesting related story.  DH and I were on Adventure a few years ago, and there was always a strong sewage smell by the elevators.  I made a comment about it to fellow CC cruisers who were in our elevator (they had CC lanyards), and they got mad at me??!!  Apparently, it was their favorite ship, and my comment completely offended them?  It was so odd.  And they were so mean and snooty!  At least one was wearing a little pinnacle pin.

Maybe they thought you were insinuating that they were the cause of the smell. :classic_biggrin: 

• Haha 1

The ship is very old, hence it wouldn't be suprising. I remember that there was always a sewege smell on Legend also Middship. Interestingly this smell was only on Legend and not on Splendour it's sister ship, a phenomenom senior officers that worked between both ships could not understand and the cause was supposedly never found.

Empress had sewage smells on Deck 7 aft and on lower decks in January 2019.   

We would not sail Empress again for several reasons including very disorganized My Time Dining, poor cabin air conditioning and days to fix it, no hot water in our bathroom sink for a couple of days, etc.  

Edited by Bookish Angel