Vista Class Neptune Lounge - which doors get used?

zelker

In the Vista Class Neptune Lounges, we don't think we've ever noticed the doors that are at the opposite end from the Concierge Desk (the ones closest to the big table and book shelves) being used during a cruise - we know we've never used them - but before we commit to 40 days in Noordam 7060, whose door looks to be right across from that (hopefully unused) door into the NL, I thought I would check with those of you who may be more observant about those kinds of things and can tell us if we need to be concerned about noise from that door or can confirm that it really does not get used.  Thanks!

image.png.5207f08665346c0e160e2bacbb508f9f.png

Edited by zelker

I don't recall seeing those doors get much use. We always used the doors at the concierge end. The lounge isn't open 24/7, so there wouldn't be late-night noise. And most people who are there in the morning are quiet, so I wouldn't expect morning hallway noise, either. 

I think the only doors with the cabin card entry slots are the ones by the Concierge desk. I think you can exit by the other doors but most people only congragate around the coffee and snacks at the Concierge end, so those other doors are seldom used. We have had a Suite right across from the Concierge entrance and never had a problem with noise.

• Thanks 1

We were recently on the Eurodam and I used the back door several times (port side as I recall) for entry with a cabin card.  However, I would not worry about the noise from this, as I have stayed opposite the main door and never had an issue. 

26 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

We were recently on the Eurodam and I used the back door several times (port side as I recall) for entry with a cabin card.  However, I would not worry about the noise from this, as I have stayed opposite the main door and never had an issue. 

The same with the Nieuw Amsterdam.  But those are the same class of ships.  I noticed that the Vista class handles it differently.

16 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

The same with the Nieuw Amsterdam.  But those are the same class of ships.  I noticed that the Vista class handles it differently.

Have not sailed on either E'dam or NA … so Vista class are handled differently in what way?

Edited by zelker

23 minutes ago, zelker said:

Have not sailed on either E'dam or NA … so Vista class are handled differently in what way?

In that there is no card access on the 2nd set of doors.  Signature class (E’dam, NA) have access on both.  Vista class has access only on the door by the concierge table.

14 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I don't recall seeing those doors get much use. We always used the doors at the concierge end. The lounge isn't open 24/7, so there wouldn't be late-night noise. And most people who are there in the morning are quiet, so I wouldn't expect morning hallway noise, either. 

My late DH and I always had suite right across from neptune Lounge and it was Very rare for us to ever hear any hall way noi se coming   f rom  Neptune Lounge.    The once in a while, I would open our door a tiny bit, close it and the noise stopped.  i never had to 'make any comment'

image.png.3e70cf666ae7c1e2c80ea9767cd78df5.png

Edited by sail7seas

3 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

On Eurodam and NA t he doors at concierge desk  on those classes of ships  are locked and require key card for entry.  .  However"S" class ships (Maasdam andVCendam ae unlocked door and tthe doors opposite concicerge desk permit i entry and exit  without key card .   Same holds for "R" cllass ships (Rotterdam, Amstedam, Volendam and Zandam)  Those doors opposite desk are not locked when Neptune Lounge is open and operagting.  Doors are locked in 'off hours'. 

image.png.b3ce5f1b5dc98298cc520442bd08ad1c.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

3 minutes ago, sail7seas said: