Diamond @ 175? (and 32)

My next cruise will take me to exactly 175 points and I wondered if I will therefore become Diamond+ or whether it needs to be over 175 (i.e 176+).

I assume I will get it but don't want to be disappointed!

I will also be 32 years old... Are there younger D+'s out there? Occasionally I feel judged when going into the lounge as I get looks as though I've strolled in uninvited, or I'm asked to show my card when others are not. 

TIA

34 minutes ago, Mark_UK said:

My next cruise will take me to exactly 175 points and I wondered if I will therefore become Diamond+ or whether it needs to be over 175 (i.e 176+).

I will also be 32 years old... Are there younger D+'s out there? Occasionally I feel judged when going into the lounge as I get looks as though I've strolled in uninvited, or I'm asked to show my card when others are not. 

TIA

You have to be on 175 points at the beginning of your cruise so unfortunately you will not be D+.

You could book a short cruise before this cruise if you particularly wanted to be D+ for this one.

You need to ring or email C&A now once you are D+ for your extra cabin drinks.

This was ours last month on Independence.

This is the onboard D+ benefits.

Age is not an issue and people are ignorant if they question or stare at you.

Usually the DL concierge will ask your name and cabin number or to see your cabin card.

IMG_20190525_131947.jpg

IMG_20180528_135613.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

You have to be on 175 points at the beginning of your cruise so unfortunately you will not be D+.

You could book a short cruise before this cruise if you particularly wanted to be D+ for this one.

You need to ring or email C&A now once you are D+ for your extra cabin drinks.

This was ours last month on Independence.

This is the onboard D+ benefits.

Age is not an issue and people are ignorant if they question or stare at you.

Usually the DL concierge will ask your name and cabin number or to see your cabin card.

IMG_20190525_131947.jpg

IMG_20180528_135613.jpg

Can you please share the C&A email address please. Thanks

2 hours ago, Mark_UK said:

Don't worry about other people.  My wife and I turned Diamond when we were a few years older than you.  Yes we were often among the youngest people in the DL but we didn't care.  We were there for the perks.

Some people will judge, some won't care, some will treat you as any other adult.  We're around 40 now but in the past few years we've met many friendly people that are older than us including some memorable Pinnacle members who were easily 70+.  If someone judges others by age, that's not someone I'd care to spend much time with anyway.

Congrats on D+, we won't get there for a while!

2 hours ago, Mark_UK said:

People are probably not judging you. They are just checking to see if they know you and want to chat with you.  

Some people tend to stand out and that is why they are not asked for their card. Whenever I enter the lounge with my wheelchair bound son I rarely get asked for my card, after the first initial viewing, but if I enter the same lounge on my own I often get asked for the card.     

Congrats for turning  D+, 1 son turned D+, after the last cruise, at the age of 29 and the wheelchair bound son will turn D+ after the next cruise, in 9 days time, at the age of 28.  

3 hours ago, Mark_UK said:

TIA

You will not become Diamond plus until AFTER the cruise. Points are not awarded until after the completion of the cruise. If you have 175 points after the completion of your upcoming cruise, you will be Diamond plus on your next cruise.

58 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

Has anyone ever chosen the beach towel as a bonus gift?  If so, were you pleased with it?  What colors are available?

We have had a couple of towels which were Navy and White Royal Caribbean C&A logo.

As others have said, you will be Diamond Plus on your first cruise cruise AFTER the cruise on which you have your 175th night. (or point if you get double sometimes).

I think some people are judgy about young people in the lounge, but not very many.  Others might be surprised/curious about how you hit that level so young, but are not negatively judging at all.  My kids are 22 and 20 and both Diamond.  Both are highly likely to hit D+ well before they are out of their 20s.  It's rare that someone even mentions their age, even rarer that it is done in a negative way.  2-3 times I have seen someone be snarky  with my oldest and say something like "it must be nice to have had parents who paid for so many cruises" in a negative tone.  My kid just smiles sweetly, pretends to miss the tone, and says "yes!  It was great growing up on ships"  

• Like 1

You're definitely not the youngest - I've seen children who are Pinnacle members, which is especially impressive when that's the only level they can't share with their parents, meaning they personally have over 700 points!

So there's all sorts of age groups in all C&A tiers - you really can't make any assumptions based on age.

46 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

As others have said, you will be Diamond Plus on your first cruise cruise AFTER the cruise on which you have your 175th night. (or point if you get double sometimes).

I think some people are judgy about young people in the lounge, but not very many.  Others might be surprised/curious about how you hit that level so young, but are not negatively judging at all.  My kids are 22 and 20 and both Diamond.  Both are highly likely to hit D+ well before they are out of their 20s.  It's rare that someone even mentions their age, even rarer that it is done in a negative way.  2-3 times I have seen someone be snarky  with my oldest and say something like "it must be nice to have had parents who paid for so many cruises" in a negative tone.  My kid just smiles sweetly, pretends to miss the tone, and says "yes!  It was great growing up on ships"  

Absolutely brilliant reply.

4 hours ago, Mark_UK said:

TIA

No, you need to start your cruise with 175 points to get the various D+ amenities.  Heck, I became D+ on the 2nd or 3rd day of my cruise and even went to the C&A Loyalty Amabassador and was told politely--No!:classic_sad:

Just been looking at your D+ benefits and noticed the 'free 10x8 photo of your choice from your existing printed photograph collection' which states 'standard events only and printed photos; N.A. for digital'. 

Many ships now have digital stations and do not have hundreds of printed photos on display, which I fully understand given the waste. Now they are only printed when purchased.

Presumably the 'N.A for digital' refers to no free digital copies?

Edited by icsys

12 minutes ago, icsys said:

Just been looking at your D+ benefits and noticed the 'free 10x8 photo of your choice from your existing printed photograph collection' which states 'standard events only and printed photos; N.A. for digital'. 

Many ships now have digital stations and do not have hundreds of printed photos on display, which I fully understand given the waste. Now they are only printed when purchased.

Presumably the 'N.A for digital' refers to no free digital copies?

Correct, you can get a free print from the kiosk display, but the D+ coupon does not include a digital copy.

5 minutes ago, 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere said:

We were allowed our D+ voucher freebie in digital form last month on the Indy, in fact it was one of the assistants that helped us through the process,again typical inconsistency from RCCL but we were happy.

That's the 'I' In RCI

• Like 1

You are definitely not alone at attaining 175 at age 32.   I see many kids with parents that are in the C&A program.  Those parents sign their children up as well.  Then there is the "kids sail free" program.  Soo...not only did the kids not have to pay for their points to add up...neither did the parents.  

Me, I had to do it the hard way....paid for every cruise myself.  😮 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bee Guy said:

Has anyone ever chosen the beach towel as a bonus gift?  If so, were you pleased with it?  What colors are available?

I've requested this a few times in the past. A couple of times they didn't have it available and gave me something else (I forget what). I got the towel on two occasions; it was navy and white. I wouldn't consider it a 'beach towel' I would call it a 'thin towel'. 

• Haha 1

We're some of the youngest people in the room every time.  The looks are usually just making sure you belong there and you just have to let it roll off your back.  I have actually been approached and told this lounge wasn't for me.  I just busted out the card and made a funny remark, but I'm a very extroverted dude.

At 35, my wife is actually the young one, I just have a baby face and get lumped in with her.

This is for LITTLEBRITON, as D+ and reading your answer about D+ amenities were it lists

ELEGANT GIFTS     CHAMPAGNE-----RED WINE----WHITE WINE---LOGO ITEMS

Do we get to choose 1 from each or just 1 from the above??

george35