Couple complains they were kicked off NCL Breakaway

david_sobe

4 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

"We've been on so many cruises....we never read the contract."

...and this is why so many people demand compensation when there's an itinerary change.

Huh...I'm surprised that you didn't correct him by telling him that there isn't such a thing as "the contract"...it is actually a "Guest Ticket Contract".

You know, considering how important you think full and proper names are and all...🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Huh...I'm surprised that you didn't correct him by telling him that there isn't such a thing as "the contract"...it is actually a "Guest Ticket Contract".

If he joins Cruise Critic, posts a review claiming that he did nothing wrong, and claims that he was thrown off of the ship for no reason...I might make the correction...just to see his reaction.

Baiting trolls only works if others don't get involved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Shoppie124 said:

If there were video, we’d know what really happened 

12 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If he joins Cruise Critic, posts a review claiming that he did nothing wrong, and claims that he was thrown off of the ship for no reason...I might make the correction...just to see his reaction.

Baiting trolls only works if others don't get involved.

I hope he got banned. If the situation escalated to the point where the Cruise Staff had to call security, with an admitted threat of violence, then NCL did not go far enough. They should have immediately locked him in his room or put him in the brig. 

NCL did the right thing. Good Job NCL!!!!!  The guy was a jerk in the news report, you can imagine what he was like on the ship. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Haha 1

I also like how he thinks the cruise contract on another line is going to differ significantly in this area.  The wording on all lines is probably VERY similar and would address this situation in similar manners.  It's also not like actually reading the contract is going to change what it says, or allow you to not agree to some part of it...

1 hour ago, Shoppie124 said:

Does NCL have a brig on their ships?   Serious question..I really want to know 

1 hour ago, Paul Bogle said:

All modern cruise ships have a brig as well as a morgue. Things happen.

On one of our Celebrity cruises, some misbehaving passengers were confined to their cabins with a guard outside until the next port, when they were put off the ship. 

Same rules apply on an airliner.  My college roommate is a left seater for Southwest and has some real interesting stories about people he had to have removed from aircraft.  It is truly amazing how entitled some people think they are.

I have to believe the experienced captain knows what can happen - including negative media coverage. He would not make a decision to remove a passenger lightly. I have to believe the passenger’s story was filtered. 

Good for NCL. 

3 hours ago, SeaShark said:

You know, considering how important you think full and proper names are and all...🤨

See, now this is an “attack”. 

• Like 1

Good for NCL!

We've all seen our fair share of bad behavior in the grocery store, kids' school plays, planes, buses - the only thing more ridiculous that this guy's behavior is him being shocked that he was thrown off the ship. I work in an emergency department and we get threatened, verbally and physically abused every day. Thank G-d for our security and our police who work amazingly hard to keep us safe from not just mentally unstable persons - but persons like this...the entitled, a-holes with (probably) a lot of alcohol in their bellies and chips on their shoulders. 

Can you imagine sitting next to this guy in a show? He would have ruined a lovely experience for hundreds of people, and potentially put innocent bystanders at risk. 

When it comes to safety, any sane person should absolutely back the cruise ship captain over this rube. 

Amy

• Like 2

17 hours ago, FenixRising said:

Abusing crew members should get you kicked off. And, the Captain's word is law at sea. If he says get off, you get off and there is nothing you can do about it.

Expanding on that and may surprise many, but by most common carrier laws here in the states a bus driver is the captain of his vehicle also and if he wants you off for good reason, you are gone, with police assist if needed.

12 hours ago, perditax said:

See, now this is an “attack”. 

FYI the poster (TWO), SeaShark is debating with,  does have a tendency to tell others just how wrong they are.  First hand experience there.

• Like 1

So does anyone have any thoughts about the wife? She didn't say anything to support or not

support her husband (that I know of). She was only upset that the incident happened at

the beginning not the end as if he misbehaved at the end and had to wait until Miami to

disembark it would have been OK as she would have at least gotten her cruise in. LOL

While we do not know everything that happened,  In my opinion,  NCL would not have taken such a measure without just cause.  They would not open themselves up to lawsuits  and adverse publicity without being sure of the facts. The captain and NCL (who I am sure was part of the decision) were right. The man's interview did not help his cause at all.