Grand Princess Pier 27 Check-in at 1pm?

MK408

On 7/7/2019 at 7:47 AM, disneyochem said:

We arrived at the terminal last May around 11 am.  Was eating at the Salty Dog 45 minutes later with a margarita in hand.  Really had no waits—longest time was spent at the wine checkin table!  It was our first Princess cruise so we were lowest of the low but absolutely no wait.

Room wasn’t ready (Baja balcony) but was able to drop off carry-on luggage at the Explorer’s Lounge.

Speaking of wine and the wine table, was staff checking everyone's luggage?  Were the ones in the so-called VIP crowd being checked as well?

Just now, 2old4this said:

Speaking of wine and the wine table, was staff checking everyone's luggage?  Were the ones in the so-called VIP crowd being checked as well?

I read somewhere where passengers with wine were NOT being inspected?  I'm going out the 18th and need an answer to this question.

On 10/5/2019 at 11:33 AM, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Pretty sure we boarded around 11:00 when we cruised on the Grand out of SF. Rooms won’t be ready until 1:00 though. Plenty of time to have lunch and wander the ship!

See you on board, Coffeeluvr05, at the coffee counter.

2 hours ago, 2old4this said:

Stopping by the wine table was a little bit on the honor code.  After passing through security, we had to ask where the wine table was.  A number of people carrying wine just walked by and got on the ship.  

1 hour ago, disneyochem said:

Stopping by the wine table was a little bit on the honor code.  After passing through security, we had to ask where the wine table was.  A number of people carrying wine just walked by and got on the ship.  

As I thought, Disneyochem.  Where does the Disney part of your name come from?  I worked for Walt Disney in my youth at the studio in Burbank.  Camera department.

My plan is to arrive at about 11:30 this Monday carrying wines and hope to get my grape on board quickly and completely free of all hassle.  If I must pay corkage, will gladly do that.  Our first on a Princess and third time to Paradise - - by air.  My goal as a single man, to meet people, share conversations, and put the impeachment search for hard-to-find evidence down for a few days.  My internal aim is to ignore the cruising complaints of others and to seek out all the good things I encounter, be they in people or surroundings, and to remember that my blessed and wonderful life was granted me because of people like my fellow Grand passengers.   Smile when you see me!  I'm the happy guy getting the hamburger.

13 hours ago, 2old4this said:

As I thought, Disneyochem.  Where does the Disney part of your name come from?  I worked for Walt Disney in my youth at the studio in Burbank.  Camera department.

Life-long Disney fan—Annual pass holder for 20 years, shareholder, multiple Disney cruises, honeymooned at DL, celebrated 20th anniversary at Disney World!  Oldest daughter just graduated from college and is now working full time (legal department) for Disney!  Bring on those discounts!  

How cool that that you worked for Disney.  Would love to sit down with you (if ever our cruise paths should cross), have a drink and talk about your experience .

HAppy cruising!

29 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

Life-long Disney fan—Annual pass holder for 20 years, shareholder, multiple Disney cruises, honeymooned at DL, celebrated 20th anniversary at Disney World!  Oldest daughter just graduated from college and is now working full time (legal department) for Disney!  Bring on those discounts!  

How cool that that you worked for Disney.  Would love to sit down with you (if ever our cruise paths should cross), have a drink and talk about your experience .

HAppy cruising!

Drop a note in my cabin mail box at C424.  We will certainly meet.  You must have read about Ub Iwerks, Walt's best friend from the work in the garage days when first sketches were being made together.  Disney has just released a new book on Ub and his genius designs for the studio and how he created the first Mickey.  The author, Don Iwerks, who worked his entire life as one of the studio department heads, mentioned me as one of his contributing friends.  Yes, once on board, drop your note . . . we may have several cruising days just talking.  Jack Morris

JackNov2017.JPG

On 11/16/2019 at 3:38 PM, disneyochem said:

The only issue with this is that if you take a bottle to dinner, they will inspect it with a magnifying glass to ensure the sticker is on it. If not, no problem... just expect a $15 charge on your cabin account that night. 

We are bringing 16 bottles with us tomorrow.