Cruise Critic Community
bigeagle12

Radiance Class - Colony Club Changes

Heard rumor some changes were made to Colony Club area on several of the Radiance class ships.  Wood removed, remodeled, specialty restaurants added.  Please tell me this is not true.

I've not seen any significant changes on Brilliance or Jewel.

Chef's table was added near the entrance.  You'll hardly notice any significant differences.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

I've not seen any significant changes on Brilliance or Jewel.

Bob,

Thanks, I hadn't heard anything either since the changes several years ago to get rid of Seaview Cafe, etc.

Friend told me that Serenade had the Colony Club totally redone and all the wood removed.  I was hoping he was wrong.  That section is the prettiest part of the ship.  It is ashamed they do not better utilize that area with more entertainment, parties, etc.

We'll be on the Radiance in February.   Anyone know if the pool tables are working?   The ones on the Brilliance over New Year's weren't. 

5 minutes ago, bigeagle12 said:

Bob,

Thanks, I hadn't heard anything either since the changes several years ago to get rid of Seaview Cafe, etc.

Friend told me that Serenade had the Colony Club totally redone and all the wood removed.  I was hoping he was wrong.  That section is the prettiest part of the ship.  It is ashamed they do not better utilize that area with more entertainment, parties, etc.

I think it would be a shame if they got rid of all that wood.  It's one of the things that set the Radiance class apart from Royal's other classes.

It would be nice if they cleaned and sealed some of the glass at the stern.

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

We'll be on the Radiance in February.   Anyone know if the pool tables are working?   The ones on the Brilliance over New Year's weren't. 

They were working last week!  My daughter liked watching them auto-level when we walked by!

Thx.  Btw where is Powell, Tn.  We are new to the state.

Just now, njkruzer said:

Thx.  Btw where is Powell, Tn.  We are new to the state.

East Tennessee, just a little north of Knoxville. What part of the volunteer state are you now in?

1 minute ago, Tljcruiser said:

East Tennessee, just a little north of Knoxville. What part of the volunteer state are you now in?

Nashville since last July.  Before that New Jersey.

24 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Nashville since last July.  Before that New Jersey.

We are just under 3 hours from Nashville.  Enjoy your cruise.  Hopefully you will find them still working in Feb they seemed to be working great while we were there.  

22 minutes ago, Tljcruiser said:

We are just under 3 hours from Nashville.  Enjoy your cruise.  Hopefully you will find them still working in Feb they seemed to be working great while we were there.  

Thanks.  I assume you were in Alaska. We will be going to Australia. 

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

Thanks.  I assume you were in Alaska. We will be going to Australia. 

Yes we did the northbound Vancouver to Seward then spent the next week doing a land tour on our own just got home yesterday.   I thought maybe you would be doing Hawaii.  I would love to go to Australia at some point, my parents went several years ago for a few weeks land vacation and loved it! We had no complaints with the ship, our cabin was looking a little tired and worn but it was clean and warm so we were happy.  

Did the same cruise on the Radiance in 2007 but couldn't do a land portion as we had to get back to work.  Hoping to go again.  We will spend about 12 days on land before boarding the Radiance for 34 nts to circumnavigate Australia,  stopping in Bali, Tasmania, and in New Zealand.  The Radiance ships are favorites, plus the Quantum class.

3 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Did the same cruise on the Radiance in 2007 but couldn't do a land portion as we had to get back to work.  Hoping to go again.  We will spend about 12 days on land before boarding the Radiance for 34 nts to circumnavigate Australia,  stopping in Bali, Tasmania, and in New Zealand.  The Radiance ships are favorites, plus the Quantum class.

What an awesome trip!  

Man, I really need to find me a sugar daddy.....

10 minutes ago, brillohead said:

What an awesome trip!  

Man, I really need to find me a sugar daddy.....

We retired and are breaking the bank! I do work a little part time so we can do this, also using points for hotels and anything else we can think of.

20 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

We retired and are breaking the bank! I do work a little part time so we can do this, also using points for hotels and anything else we can think of.

My son already knows not to expect a dime when I croak... I intend to spend every cent I have traveling the world and snorkeling in tropical areas!

23 hours ago, njkruzer said:

That is awesome!  Have a great trip!  I would have to do a much better job with my portion control if I were going o be on a ship for 34 nights!  I would have to be rolled off if I ate like I tend to do on a week cruise 🤣 

and Brillohead if you find a sugar daddy with a brother send him my way!!!

On 6/15/2019 at 3:10 AM, brillohead said:

My son already knows not to expect a dime when I croak... I intend to spend every cent I have traveling the world and snorkeling in tropical areas!

Known as SKI-ing... Spending Kids Inheritance 😉

dp