Equinox Internet Speed

raptorhigh

• 4 months later...

Bumping this thread - anyone?

particularly wondering about speeds on the “surf” package. I’m likely fine without streaming video or face time, but I may need to remote into work via a Citrix connection. That said, 1Mbps is usually enough if the latency isn’t too bad (which it probably will be...).

Also, if I buy the surf package, does anyone know if I can upgrade it To the full unlimited package if the speed isn’t sufficient?

For regular email it was fine-- we were in Carib

We didn't do streaming as we don't watch movies etc on cruises

I do know that during a TA last spring (in the middle of the Atl ) it was slow to upload HUGE docs (engineering designs)

I should think if you are just in the carib you are fine

Equinox is a great ship and exceptional crew

We sail Celebrity often (8 cruises in the past year alone).  We find internet speed varies by sailing, by location, by location on the ship, and so on.  You just can't predict.  We have never really had success streaming movies or tv shows - a lot of buffering.  Some claim they can do it - but we never have had luck.  We have done video chatting - sometimes that is fairly smooth and most times a little choppy.  Occasionally not possible.  Have never just had the streaming so can't comment about that specifically.  

We were on the 10 night Southern Caribbean cruise in September and we were in a Suite.  The internet was one of our "free" perks but pretty much unusable.  We couldn't text each other on the ship or use the wifi in our cabin.  The only place I was able to use it was on the pool deck or the coffee bar.  Hopefully your experience will be better than ours was.