Steakhouse

The steakhouse is delicious and worth every penny.  We have a tradition of 1st night dining in the steakhouse and have never been disappointed!

I like the entire ambience, too, and the service.

5 minutes ago, Florings said:

The steakhouse is delicious and worth every penny.  We have a tradition of 1st night dining in the steakhouse and have never been disappointed!

I like the entire ambience, too, and the service.

Totally, totally agree!😎

On 6/16/2019 at 11:20 AM, robin13 said:

I totally agree with you!  I always eat at the steakhouse as I have never had a bad meal.  And like you said where in the US can you get USDA Prime meat with all the extras for $38?  That meal alone would be at least $100 in Dallas.  And if you go on the first night you also get a free bottle of wine.  I know a lot of people complain about the quality of the wine but to me it was drinkable and hey it was free.

We have it booked the first two nights because the free wine can be traded for half priced wine. I get dinner and a bottle of Caymus for cheaper than I canbuy the bottle of Caymus at home for.

Also the oysters. There is no words for them. I dream of them nightly lol

We booked it for the last night of our cruise for the 5 of us. It’s our anniversary that day, so we wanted to try the Steakhouse for the 1st time. We are also celebrating our son’s 21st birthday on the cruise so we thought we could celebrate both that night.

O/T - We are thinking about trying Cucina too. For those of you who have been there before, would you recommend it? Also, can we wait until we get onboard and look at the menus to decide what night we might want to go, or do reservations for there get booked up fast?

1 hour ago, madibeme said:

We have it booked the first two nights because the free wine can be traded for half priced wine. I get dinner and a bottle of Caymus for cheaper than I canbuy the bottle of Caymus at home for.

Also the oysters. There is no words for them. I dream of them nightly lol

Right there with you !

We've dined there a good 125-150 nights (I have no real idea) - but am really looking forward to this new menu. Thanks the the heads up on the oysters !!

Tom

Carnival Wine Promo.jpg

20 hours ago, thesmiths said:

Is this served on Grand Turk night? 🙂

12 hours ago, coevan said:

The Steakhouse is open every night. 

Methinks you missed the joke.

"The only time I have seen a filet that small was with the Surf and Turk."

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, 3smithboys said:

We booked it for the last night of our cruise for the 5 of us. It’s our anniversary that day, so we wanted to try the Steakhouse for the 1st time. We are also celebrating our son’s 21st birthday on the cruise so we thought we could celebrate both that night.

O/T - We are thinking about trying Cucina too. For those of you who have been there before, would you recommend it? Also, can we wait until we get onboard and look at the menus to decide what night we might want to go, or do reservations for there get booked up fast?

I think the Cucina is complimentary during lunches.  I thought it was only on sea days but my coworker, an avid Carnival cruise and Diamond level, corrected me.  its every day. 

we went there on one of my first cruises and it was pretty, pretty, pretty good.  Im definitely going to book a dinner there for my next cruise in September, $15pp is a bargain.  I, like many others, like a break from the MDR/buffet atmospheres and the specialty restaurants have a nice ambiance. 

1 hour ago, havanadaydreaming said:

I think the Cucina is complimentary during lunches.  I thought it was only on sea days but my coworker, an avid Carnival cruise and Diamond level, corrected me.  its every day. 

It is only pasta at lunch. For dinner they have a different menu

1 hour ago, havanadaydreaming said:

we went there on one of my first cruises and it was pretty, pretty, pretty good.  Im definitely going to book a dinner there for my next cruise in September, $15pp is a bargain.  I, like many others, like a break from the MDR/buffet atmospheres and the specialty restaurants have a nice ambiance. 

Thanks for your response. I showed my family the menu, and they liked it! This will be our first cruise where we are trying specialty dining. We have the Steakhouse already booked. I guess we will wait until we are onboard for Cucina. I know we don’t want to do it on one of the elegant nights. We will probably just want to check out the menus and then see if we can get a reservation. 

18 hours ago, coevan said:

I'm impressed, how many in your party? We always upgrade the wine too. 

That's just for the two of us. Since they know we'll be in there each evening, we've been able to (in the past at least) go ahead on the first night and take advantage of the discount - and enjoy the other bottles on subsequent evenings.

Tom

4 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

That's just for the two of us. Since they know we'll be in there each evening, we've been able to (in the past at least) go ahead on the first night and take advantage of the discount - and enjoy the other bottles on subsequent evenings.

Tom

I really would be impressed if you finished 4 bottles in a night. Two is manageable. The Dom is a great deal, it's over a $100 in my local liquor store.

We cruised on the May 25th sailing of the Magic and booked dinner reservations at the Steakhouse because our dinner at the Conquest steakhouse last year was so good.

We did not like the room configuration on the Magic and much preferred the seating arrangements on the Conquest.  When sitting at our window table, people were walking past the window in wet bathing suits and trying to peek into the window and I could have reached out and touched the people sitting at the table next to ours.  They could hear every word we said and vice versa.  There was a group of 25 people sitting at the tables against the wall and they were loud and boisterous which affected everyone's dining experience..  

We placed our orders and the waitress came back with the amuse bouche which was one tiny bite of a cheese foam with a tiny piece of cheese crisp.  She also brought one roll per person which was the highlight of the meal and never came back with more.  When our entree was delivered, we asked for more rolls and she looked surprised.  Of course, we only had that disgusting whipped Crisco (as mentioned in my review) to spread on the rolls.  No one at our table would eat it.  JJ

18 hours ago, JQTravels said:

Do not get the surf and turf if you are hungry....look at the fork/filet comparison

surfturf.jpg

Finally, someone who had the same terrible meal that I did.  That is exactly how my surf and turf looked in the Magic Steakhouse.  The lobster was tiny and the filet also tiny.  This looks nothing like the same entree that I ordered on the Conquest last year.  This is not an extraordinary entree, in my opinion, that has been compared to steaks ordered from premium steakhouses in the U.S. such as Ruths Chris, Mortons, etc.  Thank you, JQTravels, for posting this photo.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tattoos said:

We cruised on the May 25th sailing of the Magic and booked dinner reservations at the Steakhouse because our dinner at the Conquest steakhouse last year was so good.

We did not like the room configuration on the Magic and much preferred the seating arrangements on the Conquest.  When sitting at our window table, people were walking past the window in wet bathing suits and trying to peek into the window and I could have reached out and touched the people sitting at the table next to ours.  They could hear every word we said and vice versa.  There was a group of 25 people sitting at the tables against the wall and they were loud and boisterous which affected everyone's dining experience..  

We placed our orders and the waitress came back with the amuse bouche which was one tiny bite of a cheese foam with a tiny piece of cheese crisp.  She also brought one roll per person which was the highlight of the meal and never came back with more.  When our entree was delivered, we asked for more rolls and she looked surprised.  Of course, we only had that disgusting whipped Crisco (as mentioned in my review) to spread on the rolls.  No one at our table would eat it.  JJ

Finally, someone who had the same terrible meal that I did.  That is exactly how my surf and turf looked in the Magic Steakhouse.  The lobster was tiny and the filet also tiny.  This looks nothing like the same entree that I ordered on the Conquest last year.  This is not an extraordinary entree, in my opinion, that has been compared to steaks ordered from premium steakhouses in the U.S. such as Ruths Chris, Mortons, etc.  Thank you, JQTravels, for posting this photo.  

No problem!  I didn't expect such a small steak, the menu we had did not tell the size so I expected at least a 9 oz steak...
we did a review if anyone would like to lake a look.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JQTravels said:

Do not get the surf and turf if you are hungry....look at the fork/filet comparison

surfturf.jpg

A picture is worth a lot.  What's pictured sure isn't worth another $38 plus tip, on top of the dinner already paid for in my fare.

The Steakhouse used to be better.

JQTravels:  I watched your video review and agree totally about the closeness of the tables and people trying to interact with you while you are trying to spend quality time with your family.  Those oysters look pretty good, but, dang, three oysters!!

Our waitress did not ask us if we were allergic to any foods which I think is kind of important.  She could barely fit between the tables to get to us and had to walk sideways to reach our table, therefore, didn't follow up on water refills, rolls, etc.  The risotto was very good and I wish I had ordered three plates of it.  The lobster tail we had on the Conquest was three times the size of the one we had on the Magic and also the filet was at least three times as large as the one in your photo.  And, the presentation of the food on the plate is terrible.  Dang, throw some greens on there to hide the fact that the food is pitifully small.

Hope you have a better dinner in the steakhouse on your next Carnival cruise, thanks again for the great video review.  

coevan:  The description of the mystery whipped spread is my opinion only.  I would have hoped that the much advertised and promoted Steakhouse as an upscale venue would serve real, salty, rich, delicious butter instead of the whipped shortening that was served in the MDR and Lido buffet, yuck.  I ate enough of that lard during the depression and don't want to eat it in an upcharge restaurant on a cruise ship or anywhere else.

3 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

A picture is worth a lot.  What's pictured sure isn't worth another $38 plus tip, on top of the dinner already paid for in my fare.

The Steakhouse used to be better.

I don't know... that grilled lemon and tomato must add some value to the equation  😄

I'm planning on visiting the Steakhouse during my upcoming sailing on the Carnival Dream. It's our first time on a ship with the Steakhouse, as we've previously sailed Fantasy class ships, and we are celebrating our 10 year anniversary. Can someone please tell me if I am allowed to order multiple appetizers/entrees/desserts as we can in the dining room? I don't always do this, but some of the dining room portions are very small, so on occasion I've been known to order two. If we are not allowed to do this, would you say the options available will leave us feeling satisfied and well fed? That's really my greatest concern, and haven't really been able to tell either way. Thank you in advance for your help!

30 minutes ago, 152go said:

I'm planning on visiting the Steakhouse during my upcoming sailing on the Carnival Dream. It's our first time on a ship with the Steakhouse, as we've previously sailed Fantasy class ships, and we are celebrating our 10 year anniversary. Can someone please tell me if I am allowed to order multiple appetizers/entrees/desserts as we can in the dining room? I don't always do this, but some of the dining room portions are very small, so on occasion I've been known to order two. If we are not allowed to do this, would you say the options available will leave us feeling satisfied and well fed? That's really my greatest concern, and haven't really been able to tell either way. Thank you in advance for your help!

You can order multiple appetizers, but not entrees.  I will say I have seldom been able to eat my dessert at the steakhouse because I am full.  Typical meal for me:  Escargot, Spinach salad, Filet Mignon, side of wasabi mashed potatoes.  For my sister, swap out the Escargot for Lobster Bisque.

• Thanks 1