Cruise Critic Community

Hubby and I are sailing Serenade of the Seas and are new Diamond members. We are looking forward to joining everyone in the club, but are unsure as to what is available. We are both non drinkers, but hubby might like a NA beer or wine, I am a coffee addict, is it drinkable or the same as windjammer? Thanks for all help.

Serenade has a very nice coffee machine. The NA beer is probably Heineken Zero

There's a self-serve cappuccino machine available 24/7 in the Diamond Lounge.  I do drink alcohol but I value that cappuccino machine as much as the nightly open bar!  I'm not a coffee snob but the cappuccinos are 100X better than the free coffee elsewhere IMO.

One tip...  They have small ceramic mugs as well as standard paper/lid to-go cups.  If you enjoy more than a small cup or two each morning like I do, bring a travel mug, make your drink of choice in the paper cups and fill your travel mug.

Enjoy!

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

There's a self-serve cappuccino machine available 24/7 in the Diamond Lounge.  I do drink alcohol but I value that cappuccino machine as much as the nightly open bar!  I'm not a coffee snob but the cappuccinos are 100X better than the free coffee elsewhere IMO.

One tip...  They have small ceramic mugs as well as standard paper/lid to-go cups.  If you enjoy more than a small cup or two each morning like I do, bring a travel mug, make your drink of choice in the paper cups and fill your travel mug.

Enjoy!

24/7 is hit or miss. Lots of shutting them down at night. 

BTW, you can fill up a travel mug directly. The nozzle moves up and down to accomodate large mugs. 

The D lounge also has a decent continental breakfast spread as well as a great view.

Thank you all so much for the info 🙂 I am giddy with excitement over the cappuccino machine! I thought for sure I would have to purchase the coffe card.

Just now, kemptct said:

Thank you all so much for the info 🙂 I am giddy with excitement over the cappuccino machine! I thought for sure I would have to purchase the coffe card.

20190521_190948.thumb.jpg.882904578b927f1ec2118faad346e33a.jpg

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

24/7 is hit or miss. Lots of shutting them down at night. 

BTW, you can fill up a travel mug directly. The nozzle moves up and down to accomodate large mugs. 

It's always been available in the early morning hours for me (5-6:30am), never checked earlier or later at night, however you want to look at it.  I believe you, maybe I've just gotten lucky or you meant more late night.

Good point about the nozzle.  I did know it was adjustable, not sure why I've aways done it my way.  Maybe I had some sort of hygiene issue in my head but definitely nothing wrong with your way.  It's actually better since I've been wasting paper cups (at least they're recyclable).

Edited by OCSC Mike

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It's always been available in the early morning hours for me (5-6:30am), never checked earlier or later at night, however you want to look at it.  I believe you, maybe I've just gotten lucky or you meant more late night.

Good point about the nozzle.  I did know it was adjustable, not sure why I've aways done it my way.  Maybe I had some sort of hygiene issue in my head but definitely nothing wrong with your way.

The older machines also allowed you to do a double (great for filling a mug), and to decrease or increase the strength of the brew.  The new one on Serenade does not have that menu.

20190126_152917.thumb.jpg.787bb26e78b6ba2c95ce57bed829fb51.jpg

I will add that I have often had to search for milk in the wee hours of morning. The machine was functioning,  but no supplies

Edited by John&LaLa

Posted (edited)

Yep, I remember the old machine with the doubles.  Never been on Serenade.  Was on Radiance last summer (coffee machine in Alaska > in the Caribbean even if it's the same machine) and Oasis twice in Summer 2017.  The machine is your picture seems slightly different than the one I have in my head but my memory isn't the greatest and I only get to cruise in the Summer so it's usually been roughly a year since my last cruise (unless I go twice in the same Summer),

Edited by OCSC Mike

Another quick question, I was looking for the location on RC's website but can not seem to find it.

1 minute ago, kemptct said:

Another quick question, I was looking for the location on RC's website but can not seem to find it.

Look for benefits by tier in the Crown and Anchor Society section. Doubt you'll find much though

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The older machines also allowed you to do a double (great for filling a mug), and to decrease or increase the strength of the brew.  The new one on Serenade does not have that menu.

I will add that I have often had to search for milk in the wee hours of morning. The machine was functioning,  but no supplies

Do the new machines offer espresso?

1 minute ago, kemptct said:

Do the new machines offer espresso?

Yes, see post 7 for menu

1 hour ago, kemptct said:

Hubby and I are sailing Serenade of the Seas and are new Diamond members. We are looking forward to joining everyone in the club, but are unsure as to what is available. We are both non drinkers, but hubby might like a NA beer or wine, I am a coffee addict, is it drinkable or the same as windjammer? Thanks for all help.

There is a nice coffee machine plus this is the drinks menu that was in the DL last month on Independence.

IMG_20190528_072853.jpg

My favourite is a Double Espresso with a cappuccino added.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

20190126_152917.thumb.jpg.787bb26e78b6ba2c95ce57bed829fb51.jpg

Look in the cupboard below the coffee machine.

58 minutes ago, kemptct said:

Very wierd question LaLa but is your real name Larissa?

Laura.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

20190521_190948.thumb.jpg.882904578b927f1ec2118faad346e33a.jpg

What ship is that? I am having trouble finding it decaf on the self-serve machines.

m

Posted (edited)

Congrats.  You will also have three drink vouchers loaded onto your Seapass card that you can use at various bars, venues and restaurants around the ship, at the same time as cocktail hours. You  mention that you don’t drink, you can use those vouchers for a can of soda, or a bottle of water. 

I too enjoyed the specialty coffee machine and also enjoy the continental breakfast very much. There will be a letter in your cabin explaining all of the benefits and what is loaded onto your Seapass card. 

Enjoy

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

Do you know if there is any lactose free milk available to brew the cappuccino? Or soy or almond milk? Thanks!

25 minutes ago, healthworker said:

Do you know if there is any lactose free milk available to brew the cappuccino? Or soy or almond milk? 

Nope, they use the real cow stuff. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Look in the cupboard below the coffee machine.

Gee, I never would have thought of that 😉

I was speaking of things much more creative 

Edited by John&LaLa

7 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

What ship is that? I am having trouble finding it decaf on the self-serve machines.

m

Serenade,  they actually had decaf beans

20190430_130832.thumb.jpg.42c0057220a9a8abd558356aab7f0da4.jpg