Trolley tour vs. waterfall tour

linerode

6 hours ago, linerode said:

Sailing in November on RC and trying to decide between the trolley tour and the waterfall tour. Have you been one either and have recommendations?

Anything other than the trolley tour!!  Lol.  I've seen it - and it looks like the pretty much most boring thing around - although it does go to Vigie Beach for a very brief stop, which is beautiful.. the city isn't anywhere near as interesting as they make it sound, and the sights - while interesting - are really not worth $40usd pp. You could hire a taxi driver to drive you through Castries, including Morne Fortune lookout, etc (so more than the trolley) for that amount per car - not per person.. 

Definitely the waterfall tour. LaTille is beautiful and the rasta who runs it is one of the most interesting people around the island. His entire set-up is amazing.  Well worth the visit. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2019 at 2:20 PM, linerode said:

Sailing in November on RC and trying to decide between the trolley tour and the waterfall tour. Have you been one either and have recommendations?

The Rainforest tour to The Waterfall. It's beautiful I did it with Cosol and Baptiste a couple of time. Been to more than my share of rainforest's, the rainforest we went to up in the national park was something I had never seen before and to this day still haven't. It's not just the waterfall, the drive through the rainforest in my case drinking Pitons with others in our group was great. 

The topography of St. Lucia I found very Martinique, both 2 of my FAVORITE islands.

Btw I know nothing about a trolley tour😳, stick with the Waterfall Tour. 😎 How nice!!

On 6/15/2019 at 8:35 PM, reedprincess said:

Anything other than the trolley tour!!  Lol.  I've seen it - and it looks like the pretty much most boring thing around - although it does go to Vigie Beach for a very brief stop, which is beautiful.. the city isn't anywhere near as interesting as they make it sound, and the sights - while interesting - are really not worth $40usd pp. You could hire a taxi driver to drive you through Castries, including Morne Fortune lookout, etc (so more than the trolley) for that amount per car - not per person.. 

Definitely the waterfall tour. LaTille is beautiful and the rasta who runs it is one of the most interesting people around the island. His entire set-up is amazing.  Well worth the visit. 

That's so awesome. reedprincess I have seen that rasta, he has a set up right before you drop down into Soufriere, correct? I bought some treats and I think banana hot sauce or something from him. Great view up there of the Pitons before you get over there. Also bought a couple of beers from the little lady on the left hand side of The Waterfalls selling ice cold Pitons, she's beautiful. We had a time. One of the best tours I've ever been on anywhere in the Caribbean. 

Edited by TTEllis
typo

1 hour ago, TTEllis said:

That's so awesome. reedprincess I have seen that rasta, he has a set up right before you drop down into Soufriere, correct? I bought some treats and I think banana hot sauce or something from him. Great view up there of the Pitons before you get over there. Also bought a couple of beers from the little lady on the left hand side of The Waterfalls selling ice cold Pitons, she's beautiful. We had a time. One of the best tours I've ever been on anywhere in the Caribbean. 

Nope, definitely not the same rasta.

LaTille is on the east coast, close to an hour and a half from Soufriere. Add in another 10-15 minutes into the interior, definitely not the same guy. It's an entirely different waterfall on the other coast from the ones around Soufriere.

Ras at LaTille built the entire infrastructure of LaTille essentially himslef, independently of the government, planted and maintains the gardens, put in all the plumbing (gravity fed), gets almost all his electricity via solar and wind, has guest cabin, natural fish spa pond and so forth. It's a fascinating place and beautiful. The rope swing is good fun too. 

The guys on the road into Soufriere are great, but many of then are not seeking things they produce themselves, rather they sell prepackage items, or decant premade stuff into their own packaging. 

Banana ketchup is tasty, you can get a bottle in the grocery store for about $1.50usd.. essentially the same stuff lots of vendors sell around the island. 

Enjoy your next visit to the island - maybe try some new sites, although the tour Cosol does is excellent.

Happy sails 

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to go too the interior of St. Lucia on a cruise visit but the time allotment doesn't allow it.

Planning a cruise now back to the island I'm almost positive I'll be back with Spencer doing his Beach Break at Jalousie. Looking forward to liming😁 between The Pitons again. Take care Todd

1 hour ago, TTEllis said:

I would love to go too the interior of St. Lucia on a cruise visit but the time allotment doesn't allow it.

Planning a cruise now back to the island I'm almost positive I'll be back with Spencer doing his Beach Break at Jalousie. Looking forward to liming😁 between The Pitons again. Take care Todd

LaTille falls tour is offered by many a cruise line, as evidenced by the OP asking aboit their ship's tour options. It's just down the east coast road versus the west coast  - totally different scenery and such    

The trip to Jalousie Beach is pretty great, there's loads to enioy all around the island.

Enjoy whatever you end up doing  

Just now, reedprincess said:

LaTille falls tour is offered by many a cruise line, as evidenced by the OP asking aboit their ship's tour options. It's just down the east coast road versus the west coast  - totally different scenery and such    

The trip to Jalousie Beach is pretty great, there's loads to enioy all around the island.

Enjoy whatever you end up doing  

Really I did not know that, would love to try something different on the island. I'll check into that. With that being said I have to go back to Jalousie even if it's just for a couple of hours, top 5 beach atmosphere's on our planet. 

I saw "the interior" but didn't get to go up in it. No way I could imagine how awesome "the interior" is on St. Lucia. 

I will definitely check into the LaTille falls tour appreciate the info. Todd