Haven Access for non-Haven Guests - Thoughts?

pcakes122

Seriously....how many people are really going to shell out $50 per person for dinner?   I don't think the Haven guests need to worry.  This really answers the question that is always asked "Can my friensd not sialing in a suite join us in teh Haven?  Well now they can at a cost that is higher than what was offered previously $2 a head I think.

• Like 1

I hate to say it but..we paid a small fortune for out haven experience.  I could have booked a cheaper room and paid an up charge and get the Haven Restaurant... nope I’m not having it!

sorry but if you can’t pay the toll, you can cross the bridge

4 hours ago, Sauer-kraut said:

Seriously....how many people are really going to shell out $50 per person for dinner?   I don't think the Haven guests need to worry.  This really answers the question that is always asked "Can my friensd not sialing in a suite join us in teh Haven?  Well now they can at a cost that is higher than what was offered previously $2 a head I think.

The venues are already pretty darn busy but MUCH less so than the mdr and buffet.. Full suite occupants pay a higher dsc because they have “dedicated” servers in Haven dining venues. We’ve had consistent fantastic service in Haven venues.  If I had the opportunity to save thousands on my stateroom, I’d jump at the chance to pay a little extra for the ease of suite venue dining.  We pay oop for specialty only dining when not in Haven so we’ll be saving $ to just eat in the Haven over specialty only venues.  I think there’s many just like me who are happy to pay extra just for a quieter and intimate experience. I’m gonna guess this new opportunity is short lived, much like the last time they offered it.  It’s not in line with any semblance of brand protection. 

13 hours ago, perditax said:

Hmm, my dinners in the Haven restaurant on BA were absolutely nowhere near worth $100 for two people. They can keep trying to fragment their product into smaller and more exclusive bits, but the quality needs to be there.

Exactly

Its the best of both worlds though.  NCL makes big bucks for those who want to bring a friend for dinner.  Also those willing to pay such a high price will be served and they can eat together.  I don't see a mad rush to do this.  I like that they doubled the price.  It used to be $25.

NCL started this with selling access to the Haven sundeck (Posh) on Epic.  Then it was dinner.  I would not be surprised if they started selling Haven day passes LOL

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

The wait last night for a table for two in the Haven at 7 was 15-20 minutes. Also, there were days where the bar was 2 deep of people before dinner. I asked Julie, the assistant concierge of the Haven restaurant, and she confirmed that they started this on the 13th. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AtlantaAlly said:

The wait last night for a table for two in the Haven at 7 was 15-20 minutes. Also, there were days where the bar was 2 deep of people before dinner. I asked Julie, the assistant concierge of the Haven restaurant, and she confirmed that they started this on the 13th. 

Which ship?

Count me in on canceling our cruise if they keep this policy.
If the "exclusive" Haven experience is not so exclusive, why pay extra?
$1500 a night, there are plenty of options to choose from. Rent a vacation home for a week, have food delivered three times a day, and pay less. What else could you do for 10K?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AtlantaAlly said:

Ouch.  Same as V V:which ship?

Edited by Son of a son of a ...

33 minutes ago, AtlantaAlly said:

That’s an issue. If this is caused by just the Haven guests that’s one thing but if the backup is due to selling incremental spots to the remainder of the ship then NCL needs to look at this again. 

• Like 1

I agree with the poster who thinks this is to answer “can I bring a friend to eat with us”, yes you can for 50.  I’ve sailed the Haven where one couple had their non-Haven parents eat and enjoy the Haven the entire week.  I have no idea if they were charged.   The last night in the Haven restaurant is always more busy, and I’ve always viewed non-Haven people there on the last night.  One lady was celebrating a birthday, others not sure why, but I could see their key cards and they were not Haven.  So it has happened in the past, it is just now an official policy.

1 hour ago, AtlantaAlly said:

Which is exactly why I said before that I will NOT pay $12,500 for my cruise if this is the case.  I do not think anyone at NCL is even bothering to survey their premium passenger base before they make decisions like this, so it may cost them dearly.  Particularly once the next recession hits and the bulk of their premium passengers have moved on to other lines, such as RCCL and MSC.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

Which is exactly why I said before that I will NOT pay $12,500 for my cruise if this is the case.  I do not think anyone at NCL is even bothering to survey their premium passenger base before they make decisions like this, so it may cost them dearly.  Particularly once the next recession hits and the bulk of their premium passengers have moved on to other lines, such as RCCL and MSC.

Agreed. All that said, who knows if it was just a busy Haven night or what. But if it is already that busy, what would it be like with more people?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It may seem a bit morbid but after the "Haven Hitman" fiasco, I'd pay $50 just to see Kevin and Frank (Cruising With Wheels) vs. Adrien (Haven concierge extraordinaire) with this new Haven restaurant option.

Oh my, that made me giggle a bit too much! 

GA Dave, I agree with you. Had a 4 year break from NCL and was really looking forward to the Haven on the Bliss next February. If this impacts the ease of eating at the “private Haven restaurant” or having a cocktail at the bar, I simply won’t book Haven again and will look elsewhere. It’s so expensive anyway and now doesn’t seem to be delivering on what they claim it to be. 

I think if people find thus to be an issue when Onboard, they need to express that to the Concierge, Hotel Director, etc. in a nice way of course, but in an honest serious way. Enough Haven guests voice negative responses, that will be communicated upwards. 

14 hours ago, JohnIreland said:

I hope they don't do it on the away ships where the haven restaurant is already too small.

I'm not happy about this at all...but holy crap...that is true! One of the reasons I avoid the Getaway/Breakaway for future booking is because of the teeny-tiny restaurant. There are a ton of Haven cabins and all it would take is for one or two tables to be taken up by non-Haven guests during prime dinner times for Haven guests to have to wait.

I honestly think that people who regularly sail the Haven need to let NCL know how they feel. There was enough backlash a few years ago to stop them from selling the Haven benefits to non-Haven people. Maybe it can be done again.

• Like 1

As a frequent non-Haven guest in non-Haven suites (Jewel, Pearl, Star), I have to agree with the Haven guests in this thread. Selling the Suite/Haven benefits to non-Suite/Haven guests is an awful idea for the reasons already stated (crowded, diminished service). 

Even in a non-Haven suite, I would never book this. I can't get past the notion that I would sit at the table in the Haven restaurant consumed with the feeling that I simply did not belong there. I think I would find it to be an uncomfortable second-class experience. 

• Like 1

What's next. "The Haven Pool/Hot Tub Pass" (Private Access to the Haven's exclusive whirlpools and swimming pools)  Enjoy 4-hours of relaxing upscale atmosphere, in the Haven pool and hot tubs. $50.00 per person. Limited availability.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The website states that is "limited availability" my guess this will be controlled by the concierge. Since his tips rely on the Haven guests does anyone really think he is going to bite the hand that feeds him? I truly believe this should be a nothing problem. How many people would pay there 120 for a meal and 1 hour before or after at the lounge. Will they ask a person to leave? If the lounge is not empty probably not if it is packed with Haven guests...they probably will. Again for the same reason.....don't piss off the people who are tipping you. 

• Like 1