Carnival ship arrives Long Beach Port at 9am, is a 12:15 flight from LGB ok?

ladybird77

I have actually flown in and out of long beach airport before and have even taken a cruise shuttle from the port to the long beach airport. But it has been a few years. I remember the last time I flew they only had one security line open which could be bad if there was a wait or delay.

Also, normally my flights are always later so I am usually waiting around. The only flights after this one to my home city (in my price range) are after 6pm. I hate to wait that long. 

You should be fine, traffic is not bad on weekends, you can make that trip under 30 minutes.

I’ve taken JetBlue and Southwest flights out of LGB and arrived 60 min before the flight, zipped right through security.

Edited by smithop
  • Like 1

Similar dilemma, different airport. Ship arrives 9 AM (Panorama), but the only direct flights are in/out of LAX. There's a 12:43 pm flight or a 5:35 pm flight. I've heard stories of the problems getting through LAX and I don't think it will be possible. Just hate getting home so late. What do you think?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigEasyCC said:

Similar dilemma, different airport. Ship arrives 9 AM (Panorama), but the only direct flights are in/out of LAX. There's a 12:43 pm flight or a 5:35 pm flight. I've heard stories of the problems getting through LAX and I don't think it will be possible. Just hate getting home so late. What do you think?

My sister is going on this cruise with me. She is traveling to a different city. She has already booked a 12: 50pm flight from LAX. She said she is just going to take a chance. Hopefully since it is a weekend it should be ok. 

Edited by ladybird77

LAX is another story, when I fly out of there I plan on arriving 2hrs before the flight. The traffic getting in the airport is horrible right now due to heavy construction at the airport itself.

Yours will be tight depending on how fast you can disembark and get on a shuttle or UBER to LAX. I've never had to do that so no experience there. I live 30 min south of Long Beach, I leave 4hrs before flights from LAX.

I would take the latter flight and have lunch at the airport and try to get into one of the airline lounges for a nap.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk