For those who are spending time in Singapore

I did post this in the repositioning  thread but it’s been buried so

Thought I might share this as it’s something some of you may find useful.

If you are staying in Singapore for  a few days and you don’t have a ezlink card that you top up you can now use your MasterCard or Visa  payWave cards on buses and MRT.

Full details here.

https://simplygo.transitlink.com.sg/

Cheers Carole

8 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

I did post this in the repositioning  thread but it’s been buried so

Thought I might share this as it’s something some of you may find useful.

If you are staying in Singapore for  a few days and you don’t have a ezlink card that you top up you can now use your MasterCard or Visa  payWave cards on buses and MRT.

Full details here.

https://simplygo.transitlink.com.sg/

Cheers Carole

Thanks Carole, our Ezy Link cards run out next year, we have a fair bit of credit on them for our November trip, but the following year will not be able to use, so might try registering and using our 28 Degrees Mastercard.

How good is the Singapore Transport system, gets better every time we visit, with extra MRT stops as well.

We usually stay at the Ibis Bencoolen and we now have Bencoolen, Rochor, Little India and Bugus MRT all within easy walking distance. Green, Blue and Yellow line all taken care of!!

2 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Thanks Carole, our Ezy Link cards run out next year, we have a fair bit of credit on them for our November trip, but the following year will not be able to use, so might try registering and using our 28 Degrees Mastercard.

How good is the Singapore Transport system, gets better every time we visit, with extra MRT stops as well.

We usually stay at the Ibis Bencoolen and we now have Bencoolen, Rochor, Little India and Bugus MRT all within easy walking distance. Green, Blue and Yellow line all taken care of!!

Yes, I love the MRT and also the buses for some places, more door to door.

My card also expired this year so Citibank debit for me.Have stayed at Ibis but looking at a change for a bit more room in the room,

Cheers Carole

12 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Yes, I love the MRT and also the buses for some places, more door to door.

My card also expired this year so Citibank debit for me.Have stayed at Ibis but looking at a change for a bit more room in the room,

Cheers Carole

We also have a Citibank Debit, so either is good, although at least with the 28 Degrees I wont have to keep checking the balance!

We looked at other Accor accommodation, but I cant go past the price of the Ibis, we ended up paying around $130AUD a night, no pool but will have 15 nights to laze in a pool on the way home haha!!

Whoops, just checked my booking, Ibis booking was more like $120 per night.

Edited by cheznandy

22 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

If your Ezylink card expires just go to one of the manned booths at a station and they will issue a new one and transfer the balance if any. Ditto in Hong Kong. That was you get cheaper fares, I think.

The Singapore MRT is excellent now, so easy to get around on.

21 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

We also have a Citibank Debit, so either is good, although at least with the 28 Degrees I wont have to keep checking the balance!

We looked at other Accor accommodation, but I cant go past the price of the Ibis, we ended up paying around $130AUD a night, no pool but will have 15 nights to laze in a pool on the way home haha!!

Whoops, just checked my booking, Ibis booking was more like $120 per night.

37 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

sheesh look at you two with all the credit cards, colours and names .... like talking to crazy rich aussies innit !!!!  ..... 

I know  .... back under the stairs   😎

30 minutes ago, Dobby_The_Ship_Elf said:

sheesh look at you two with all the credit cards, colours and names .... like talking to crazy rich aussies innit !!!!  ..... 

I know  .... back under the stairs   😎

Oh Dobby too funny, just watched Crazy Rich Asians last night on Netflix🤣 after we watched the Panthers beat the Rabbits😍

We have several days in Singa in March, between Majestic Princess and Arcadia.  Probably a few more days than I would like, but that's the ship timings.   I will have to make use of the MRT as our apartment, 'Ascott Residences at Raffles' is very close to the MRT station.

Heap of things to do on Viator site.  Stopped in Singapore 2 or 3 times in past year, but only for 2 or 3 nights to and from Europe.

Edited by NSWP