Removal of foot stools from CC and AQ on Equinox

4cats4me

Sadly, people in Concierge and Aqua have reported that foot stools are no longer on balconies.  

Pictures have popped up on social media corroborating this.  The pic I saw of the balcony table 

was so tiny, about the size of a small pizza, it appeared. 

Our final payment is due in a couple weeks.  We always book AQ on Equinox.  We’ve really enjoyed X. 

But I like to kick back and relax on the balcony. That is the one thing I have always appreciated about AQ, is having a foot stool.  

Sadly, I think we are going to cancel this cruise.  We are paying a hefty premium for AQ, but I can go that same week on another line for about half AND get a foot stool, so I think I will be calling my TA tomorrow and book on our other favorite line.  

First they took the daily water away, then the little amenities in the bathroom, ie, nice individual bottles of lotions, et cet, and now the balcony 

thing. I don’t understand why X continues to advertise that one will get a foot stool when in fact that is not true.  

Edited by 4cats4me
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Greenymac said:

We are cancelling cruises over footstools now? First world problems.

Not really how I read it. I think the OP is frustrated with the continued degradation of Aqua Class and it's ever increasing lack of value for money compared to other lines. 

Then again, aren't all complaints on Cruise Critic first world problems? 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4cats4me said:

Sadly, people in Concierge and Aqua have reported that foot stools are no longer on balconies.  

Sadly, I think we are going to cancel this cruise.  We are paying a hefty premium for AQ, but I can go that same week on another line for about half AND get a foot stool, so I think I will be calling my TA tomorrow and book on our other favorite line

From my perspective if you can find another cruise line with a similar itinerary, at the same time for half the price you should cancel with or without the footstools.

Removing the footstools is just another example of the poor interior design team that was selected for the Edge and the revolution of the other ships.  They decided they wanted a more spacious feel and they decided to achieve that feel by making furniture smaller and removing furniture.  Someone at Celebrity dropped the ball when they approved this work.  Hopefully they'll keep the footstools and larger tables (suitable for eating) on future S-class ships that are revolutionized.  I'm a little more pessimistic for the future Edge class ships because the IV balconies are much smaller.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, GerScot said:

Sorry but I would never book or cancel a cruise for the sake of a footstool!

Whilst a footstool can seem a little thing I do understand where the OP is coming from.

We have a RS booked on Equinox in September and instead of looking forward to new balcony furnishings we are anxious that the decent sized table may have shrunk and that the wonderful comfortable lounger may have converted into something chic but impractical... Like the OP our balcony space is important to us....Upgrading (Revolution) of a ship should enhance not diminish comfort and facilities.

OP sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise either on Equinox or an alternative....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

From my perspective if you can find another cruise line with a similar itinerary, at the same time for half the price you should cancel with or without the footstools.

One of the biggest draws of Aqua class is access to Blu.  I enjoy the food served there plus the "no wait".  It does add to the cost.  That being said, I like to hang on the balcony, relax reclined and read.  Without a footstool it just isn't the same experience and seriously uncomfortable. FYI, I can't doze off sitting upright!  LOL  I wouldn't think of cancelling though, but I will search for an alternative because that is also what I love to do on any cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While the lack of a footstool should not particularly make or break a cruise it does impact my cruise.  I  like to sit on my balcony to read or just watch the ocean.  Because of back problems I NEED something to elevate my feet.  It’s just how it works for me.  The lack of footstool is another disappointment in the “revolution” for me.  This is just one more “little” thing.  It  adds to our consideration in booking new cruises.  More cost, less amenities.  The thought of packing an inflatable beach ball is not in the part of the plus column when I plan a cruise.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, peter pan said:

While the lack of a footstool should not particularly make or break a cruise it does impact my cruise.  I  like to sit on my balcony to read or just watch the ocean.  Because of back problems I NEED something to elevate my feet.  It’s just how it works for me.  The lack of footstool is another disappointment in the “revolution” for me.  This is just one more “little” thing.  It  adds to our consideration in booking new cruises.  More cost, less amenities.  The thought of packing an inflatable beach ball is not in the part of the plus column when I plan a cruise.

It might be time to break out the footstools from the camping gear and bring them along.  Some canvas tops and they folded flat

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

It might be time to break out the footstools from the camping gear and bring them along.  Some canvas tops and they folded flat

Yes!!!  Just looking at some of them on amazon.  Found a few with good height, light weight, portable and cheap.   There is a solution.

Edited by lolane1
spelling

Which begs the questions:

Can I have my table and chair set delivered to my room?

How many chairs can I take onboard?

Does celebrity limit the amount of furniture I can bring onboard?

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

16 minutes ago, lolane1 said:

Yes!!!  Just looking at some of them on amazon.  Found a few with good height, light weight, portable and cheap.   There is a solution.

I’ve just bought an inflatable footstool on eBay in anticipation of the ‘no more footstool ’ era. I also like to ponder the world on my balcony with my legs resting casually elevated.    It seems to be perfect height when inflated. September in the Caribbean will be the first trial 😎

Edited by british betty

Where were the focus groups when they were designing the cabins? I remember when the Solstice Class was first being introduced, the press releases were all about the focus groups and how the cabins were designed with these women in mind. Enter the metal foot bar in the showers!! 🙂 Now if they get rid of those...….lol From a celebrity press release "The Solstice Class also offers larger, more intuitive staterooms influenced by "Celebrity’s Leading Ladies," five Boomer women with unique travel and hospitality insights." I think they need to bring those ladies back! They would have told them to keep the foot stools. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

All these are certainly first world problems, I love posts that state there was no  salmon this morning. However I can’t help thinking the “revolution” is more and more about cutting back rather than adding value. Sky lounge a perfect example.

• Like 1

I just returned from my cruise in Aqua Class on the Equinox. I can confirm that footstools are gone (at the Connections party, the hotel director claimed he “forgot” to order them). Also gone are the slippers and the nicer canvas bags - instead we got the same flimsy bags that everyone on the ship receives. There was also no priority boarding for Aqua. While I do like Blu, I don’t find the food that much better than the main dining room. In the future, I’ll save the money and get a regular cabin. 

• Like 2