Removal of foot stools from CC and AQ on Equinox

4cats4me

52 minutes ago, hcat said:

Guess the people at X had no clue about how popular footstools are ..and most pax agree that  the recent  furniture seems sub par..

The people at Celebrity did not do their homework on the interior design team they selected for the Edge and the Revolutionized ships and they did not properly evaluate the design work prior to committing to the new furniture.  It is the responsibility of the design team ensure the furniture and the entire design concept is functional.  Based on the feedback from the Edge and the Equinox the furniture clearly isn't as comfortable and the cabin/balcony isn't as functional as previous designs.  Celebrity should have never approved these designs.

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, NemoCrownie said:

I always thought the same thing but after the 1/31 Silhouette cancellation we are trying a 15 nt on Princess - free gratuities but no drink pkg, however the very hefty OBC will more than cover our drinks. For a semi-late booking, their prices for many itineraries came out less than Celebrity and even Royal Caribbean. We'll see how it goes. A change will be fun.

Regarding footstools, that is the only reason we book Concierge class as the other Concierge "perks" mean nothing to us. We love the foot stools and I won't pack a camp stool or beach ball; I pack enough already. I agree with OP in that it would be a deal breaker for me.

If you decide you like Princess keep in mind that they offer their drink package included only usually from mid June to mid July. It's called Sip and Sail. It might be offered for your upcoming cruise . You can go on the Princess website and see if it makes sense for your cruise.

We usually add it a year and a half out. (We added our 2020 cruises last June and are adding our 2021 cruises this year)

Also in August they usually offer 3 For Free - gratuities, generous OBC and a cabin upgrade. Sometimes that comes out to a better deal than Sip and Sail.

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

This may all be true BUT the suite prices have sky rocketed.....2 and 3 times and even more in many cases.....so while that may be their emphasis people who frequently book suites like us ARE looking elsewhere.  We cruised on Regal Princess last year in a full suite at half the price the same type of room would have cost on X.  No, there wasn't a "suite lounge" and no Luminae but they did have Club Class Dining and enough OBC to cover the free drinks we would have gotten on X.  We loved it...we've booked 3 more cruises on Regal and her sister ship the Sky.  We still have 2 booked with X but only really committed to one of them....looking at other lines for the other... 

We have been loyal to X for over 20 years but not enough to blindly spend our dollars for a diminished product...…..  

The Royal, Regal, Majestic and Sky Princess DO have a suite lounge!!!!!

76 posts on foot stools. Unbelievable. 

We have foot stools on our cabin on Reflection. You can have them. You can also have our $10 sparkling wine.

I don't believe that people are actually willing to pay hundreds of dollars extra for foot stools and cheap sparkling wine.

2 minutes ago, chamima said:

The Royal, Regal, Majestic and Sky Princess DO have a suite lounge!!!!!

Well, yes, the concierge lounge on Deck 14.  Nice quiet area, but they do not offer complimentary cocktails as X does in Michael's or the "Retreat"  

We liked the concierge lounge but it was very quiet....

Just now, ak1004 said:

We have foot stools on our cabin on Reflection. You can have them. You can also have our $10 sparkling wine.

I don't believe that people are actually willing to pay hundreds of dollars extra for foot stools and cheap sparkling wine.

Maybe you should read the posts....this thread is about a lot more than footstools.

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, chamima said:

If you decide you like Princess keep in mind that they offer their drink package included only usually from mid June to mid July. It's called Sip and Sail. It might be offered for your upcoming cruise . You can go on the Princess website and see if it makes sense for your cruise.

We usually add it a year and a half out. (We added our 2020 cruises last June and are adding our 2021 cruises this year)

Unfortunately, the Sip and Sail promo increases our fare $880 and we would lose $500 OBC and free gratuities so the numbers didn't work out for this sailing; I am sure it is better for sailings further out. Thank you for the heads up, we will be watching for the 3 for free. We are looking forward to the new adventure!

26 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Maybe Modern Luxury means everyone gets footstools

16 hours ago, villauk said:

A real, real balcony 🙀.... soon that will be a thing of the past, along with the footstools, slippers, water bottles, priority boarding, canvas bags, proper tables, curtains, etc.

Yeah but as long as the ship has plenty of food and drink I think I can power through my cruise!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mnocket said:

It seems like the gap between Celebrity and RCCL is narrowing - due largely to Celebrity cutbacks dropping it closer to RCCL.  It makes me wonder if perhaps the company is trying to re-position the two lines.  No longer will Celebrity be the more upscale line with better quality and service, instead it will offer similar quality and service but it will target the older demographic while RCCL targets the younger crowd.  Azamara will be the upscale line.  Just a thought.

So you think there are no similar changes on RCCL?  Just see the complaints on those boards.  Or any other cruise line for that matter.

40 minutes ago, NemoCrownie said:

Unfortunately, the Sip and Sail promo increases our fare $880 and we would lose $500 OBC and free gratuities so the numbers didn't work out for this sailing; I am sure it is better for sailings further out. Thank you for the heads up, we will be watching for the 3 for free. We are looking forward to the new adventure!

It definitely does NOT make sense for you.

Did you know that if you have 100 shares of Carnival stock you can get another $250 of OBC for your cruise.

Princess, unlike Celebrity , allows you to add this to ANY cruise, regardless of any other perks you may have.

ShareholderRequestForm_05_2017[26220].pdf

And the Shareholder Benefit Request Form which also explains how to apply for a Princess cruise.

Edited by chamima

2 minutes ago, chamima said:

It definitely does NOT make sense for you.

Did you know that if you have 100 shares of Carnival stock you can get another $250 of OBC for your cruise.

Princess, unlike Celebrity , allows you to add this to ANY cruise, regardless of any other perks you may have.

ShareholderRequestForm_05_2017[26220].pdf

And the Shareholder Benefit Request Form which also explains how to apply for a Princess cruise.

Thank you!!!!

Just now, ipeeinthepool said:

Yep, you're correct.  But why would you want to purchase an experience that needed you to "power through it"?

Hey ipee - it was meant to be a joke.  Sorry I guess I do not share the foot(stool) fetish.  By the way that was meant to be another joke!

22 hours ago, GAcruiser2 said:

I just returned from my cruise in Aqua Class on the Equinox. I can confirm that footstools are gone (at the Connections party, the hotel director claimed he “forgot” to order them). Also gone are the slippers and the nicer canvas bags - instead we got the same flimsy bags that everyone on the ship receives. There was also no priority boarding for Aqua. While I do like Blu, I don’t find the food that much better than the main dining room. In the future, I’ll save the money and get a regular cabin. 

This is a bummer. Did the chairs still recline as before? 

We did use our balcony and would recline the chair/use the footstool to nap on the balcony

While some CCers here chide this is a "first world problem" lets remember CRUISING Celebrity is a first world vacation... and CC and AQ are supposed to have benefits/upgrades --suites even more so. SO when things that are supposed to be part of the stateroom/sailing experience disappear--it is a problem/disappointment

Wonder if this is not because the EQ had a short dry dock and the footstools will return at another port/when shipment arrives? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

SO does LLP report to anyone other than the stockholders?  Is Michael Bayley her boss?  Looking for names for a letter I'm writing.....I realize it may well never be read, fall on deaf ears or whatever but it will make me feel better if I let the powers that be know why I'm looking and booking elsewhere.....

LLP reports to Richard D. Fain, Chairman & CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises.

• Like 1

My goodness.  We've taken almost 25 cruises and I can honestly say that I have no idea if we've ever had/not had footstools.  I also cannot tell you which have had the bed by the bathroom and which have had the bed by the balcony.  These are topics I see on here all the time that have ZERO impact on our cruise experience or decision making.  To each his/her own.

35 minutes ago, Sascol said:

My goodness.  We've taken almost 25 cruises and I can honestly say that I have no idea if we've ever had/not had footstools.  I also cannot tell you which have had the bed by the bathroom and which have had the bed by the balcony.  These are topics I see on here all the time that have ZERO impact on our cruise experience or decision making.  To each his/her own.

• Perhaps you shouldo remove the shades and see what's going on around you.  😉
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, Sascol said:

25+ cruises in just about every category from inside to royal suites and when we book a veranda we expect more than a chair to sit on. 

A nap or just laying out to get some sun in a full sized chaise or a reclining high backed chair with a foot stool is different than just a chair.

Bed placement is a non issue for us.

• Like 6

26 X cruises for us and two more booked. In the last few years we have up grated to the premium and luxury lines. Mainly because the price on X AQ and SS were so high. We spend a lot of time on our balcony and a footstool is a big part of being able to relax on our balcony. We are cruising on Azamara next month in a balcony cabin and yes I know they don`t have footstools either. 

1 hour ago, Sascol said:

Happy that it doesn't matter to you, obviously it does to others......and, oh, I'm at 30+ cruises, not that THAT matters at all...….

18 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

SO does LLP report to anyone other than the stockholders?  Is Michael Bayley her boss?  Looking for names for a letter I'm writing.....I realize it may well never be read, fall on deaf ears or whatever but it will make me feel better if I let the powers that be know why I'm looking and booking elsewhere.....

Would this be to have a conversation about the watering down of the Aqua Class product by any chance?

LLP had her email details removed from the public domain and any complaints made on Facebook are set to spam and never really addressed. I suspect you'll be referred to your cruise survey etc.

However, go for it. IMHO LLP really is mocking her loyal pax with the continued degradation of the X experience. 

Edited by Mynki

5 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

That would be part of it, but not the only thing.

Sorry, accidentally hit the post button before I'd finished typing. :) 

Edited by Mynki

50 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

26 X cruises for us and two more booked. In the last few years we have up grated to the premium and luxury lines. Mainly because the price on X AQ and SS were so high. We spend a lot of time on our balcony and a footstool is a big part of being able to relax on our balcony. We are cruising on Azamara next month in a balcony cabin and yes I know they don`t have footstools either. 

Azamara does have railings on the balcony (Journey did anyway) and a ledge you can put your feet on.  Wasn't a stool, but it worked rather well, and the chairs have a cushion that was lovely!