Removal of foot stools from CC and AQ on Equinox

4cats4me

3 minutes ago, etmanch said:

I too suffer from degenerative back pain (Spondylolysis at my L5 S1) and the footstool was something I was looking forward to having on our balcony.  Guess I will have to see what I can come up with if Celebrity can no longer afford to provide their paying passengers with a footstool. 

On the Infinity a couple of months ago (pre-Revolution, but no footstools in AQ cabin that we had), I had almost canceled the cruise because of a recent hamstring injury. I ended up going and asked for a footstool, explaining to the cabin attendant that I had a knee injury that required elevation of my leg. He asked his manager and was told that I couldn't have one. Luckily I had brought the blow up one in case I needed it. I probably should have gone up the food chain - it would be nice if they had them for all, but if not, at least for those with medical needs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yorky said:

To be honest it’s been evident for a while, has she added any furniture that’s not form over function?

Not to sound sexist but women put style before comfort. Look at the shoes they wear. 6 inch heals and narrow toe box. If a man picked the deck furniture it would recline like a Lazy Boy and have cup holders. Not pretty but comfortable.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

On the Infinity a couple of months ago (pre-Revolution, but no footstools in AQ cabin that we had), I had almost canceled the cruise because of a recent hamstring injury. I ended up going and asked for a footstool, explaining to the cabin attendant that I had a knee injury that required elevation of my leg. He asked his manager and was told that I couldn't have one. Luckily I had brought the blow up one in case I needed it. I probably should have gone up the food chain - it would be nice if they had them for all, but if not, at least for those with medical needs.

I literally feel your pain because I have issues where my legs need to be elevated when I'm not walking. It was nice to have the stool when on the balcony.

41 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Not to sound sexist but women put style before comfort. Look at the shoes they wear. 6 inch heals and narrow toe box. If a man picked the deck furniture it would recline like a Lazy Boy and have cup holders. Not pretty but comfortable.

This comment is indeed sexist. Do NOT paint all women with the same broad brush!  We are NOT all alike. And for years designers were mostly men. I have never in my life worn 6 inch heels!

• Like 6

Just now, Cyber Kat said:

This comment is indeed sexist. Do NOT paint all women with the same broad brush!  We are NOT all alike. And for years designers were mostly men. I have never in my life worn 6 inch heels!

Never said all women. There are always exceptions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I would have at least gone to Guest Services.  The cabin attendant maybe was conditioned to give this response.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I would have at least gone to Guest Services.  The cabin attendant maybe was conditioned to give this response.

True, but I'm pretty sure he checked with his manager because he had to check on a couple of other things and came back later with answers (he seemed newish) - of course, the fact that I had a knee injury could have been lost in translation.  Since I brought the blow up footstool, I went with it. I likely would have called GS or sent the DH to chat with them (I was minimizing steps at the time), if I hadn't brought it. 

5 hours ago, Mynki said:

People blame Hoppen but it's ultimately LLP who approves all designs. 

But if anyone personifies 'style over substance', 'form over function' or as we say in the UK, 'all fur coat and no knickers' it's LLP. 

In the South we say, all hat and no cattle.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Sorry...you most certainly do sound quite sexist!  BOO...HISS!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I do not find this comment sexist; I was actually amused by it.   It is true.   Some women do wear 6 inch heels with the very pointy toe.  I did in my younger days. Couldn't do that today.   Definitely not good for foot health.  Oh. And I would love the recliner

• Like 3

We are booked on the equinox in a room on the slant with the expectation of a foot stool.  My husband also has back problems and thought we'd be spending most of the time, sitting on our balcony reading.  We have been sailing on Celebrity since 2001 with over 40+ cruises and have seen loss of services and luxuries removed year after year.  The problem isn't really the removal of the foot stools but the constant reduction of services.   I have introduced Celebrity to many of our friends who are now Celebrity customers.  Although we will continue to sail on Celebrity I am now hesitant to recommend them to new friends. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Posted this in another thread.  While it's a shame to lose something that used to be included by X, I would suggest bringing your own if it's that critical.

Folding Step, Plastic, 700 lb. Ld Cap.13607.jpgimage.png.70d87471ba2fb91b421d9bc279e85150.png

Not a chance......bringing my own furniture onto a cruise is not really what I picture as "modern luxury"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I hope everyone annoyed with their removal is providing feedback via the post cruise survey and feeding back whilst onboard too. Things will only change if enough people express their displeasure. Posts on this forum will have no real impact I would have thought. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The new chairs don’t look nearly as comfortable, either, with those hard square edges compared to the old furniture. Of particular note, hard frame all around chair vs old chair.  

A6FEC58A-7FBE-476F-8DA6-5A009E194EA6.jpeg

F0E33C82-26A1-43F2-B48F-D47B67980559.jpeg

Edited by 4cats4me
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

True, but I'm pretty sure he checked with his manager because he had to check on a couple of other things and came back later with answers (he seemed newish) - of course, the fact that I had a knee injury could have been lost in translation.  Since I brought the blow up footstool, I went with it. I likely would have called GS or sent the DH to chat with them (I was minimizing steps at the time), if I hadn't brought it. 

If you called the special needs department before the cruise, they could have provided a shower bench that would do double duty as a footrest on the veranda.

• Like 1

I’m really joking folks, sailing in Sept 11 southern Caribbean......9 floor hump balcony, not AQ or Concierge, but about as expensive as regular balcony’s get...

We we’re docked beside EQ in Nassau on her last sailing before dry dock, all the balcony furniture looked nice, reclining etc...I hope it is still comfortable...

11 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Good Luck with this perspective.

19 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Posted this in another thread.  While it's a shame to lose something that used to be included by X, I would suggest bringing your own if it's that critical.

Folding Step, Plastic, 700 lb. Ld Cap.13607.jpgimage.png.70d87471ba2fb91b421d9bc279e85150.png

My suitcase is full enough. I don’t need to be dragging all that with me - not to mention all the additional weight for flying. 

We are in a suite for the first time - they better find me something!

14 minutes ago, Cyber Kat said:

My suitcase is full enough. I don’t need to be dragging all that with me - not to mention all the additional weight for flying. 

We are in a suite for the first time - they better find me something!

No doubt.  Seems like a basic perk for a suite no less.  Agreed.

Dan

• Like 1