Cruise Critic Community
Stokie33

Parking in Southampton

Sorry if this as been asked before but can't find any recent info. Where's the best place to park at Southampton as we are on Ventura on the 16/08

Any number of answers to this, as on previous threads. Best and cheapest might be very different things, too.

Are you looking just for parking, or to combine with an overnight in a hotel?

If just parking, the two simplest and easiest options are these:

https://www.parking4cruises.co.uk/

https://www.cruiseparking.co.uk/

The former will probably be cheaper, particularly on cruises for a week or more, but they both offer very much the same thing.

Thanks for the reply, as we're only just over an hour away from the docks will probably drive down on the day. The first one has some bad reviews about people being fined for parking in the short stay car park so will probably go with cruise parking. This is only our second cruise and the 1st was with rccl and parking was included. We weren't going on a cruise this year then found this one and couldn't resist lol

26 minutes ago, Stokie33 said:

Thanks for the reply, as we're only just over an hour away from the docks will probably drive down on the day. The first one has some bad reviews about people being fined for parking in the short stay car park so will probably go with cruise parking. This is only our second cruise and the 1st was with rccl and parking was included. We weren't going on a cruise this year then found this one and couldn't resist lol

No problem. Puzzled by those bad reviews though. I’ve not been able to find them and I’ve never seen a word against them on these forums.

We’re talking about the same company? Got me worried now!  🤔

1 hour ago, Stokie33 said:

Sorry if this as been asked before but can't find any recent info. Where's the best place to park at Southampton as we are on Ventura on the 16/08

We always use Penguin parking at Marchwood.  They transport you and your luggage to and from the port, all very easy.

41 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

No problem. Puzzled by those bad reviews though. I’ve not been able to find them and I’ve never seen a word against them on these forums.

We’re talking about the same company? Got me worried now!  🤔

I'm sure it was the same company I think the reviews were on trip advisor but could be wrong as looked at so many today. If you've used them and had no issues hopefully that's reassuring.

8 minutes ago, Stokie33 said:

I'm sure it was the same company I think the reviews were on trip advisor but could be wrong as looked at so many today. If you've used them and had no issues hopefully that's reassuring.

I've used them without problem, and all the feedback on here has been good. I must admit though to being very doubtful about them before I booked and did a lot of checking.

Let's see what others say......

That's it I just think I'm over thinking things and the more you check and Google the more confused you get that's why I put a thread up on here. Many thanks for all of the replies 

We have used Parking4 Cruises 8 times now.  Great service and no problems at all.  They are there to take the car and there when you get back with the car.

5 hours ago, Stokie33 said:

We have used them several times with excellent service, did have one incident with a parking charge but one phone call sorted it out and it was paid or sorted out by P4C.

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We have used them several times with excellent service, did have one incident with a parking charge but one phone call sorted it out and it was paid or sorted out by P4C.

Thanks for the reply I'm not normally this OCD about parking as it's always been a company car in the past but this time may be ours 

Our car is brand new.  Each time we have arrived, they have taken photographs of the car, taken the mileage and informed us that there might be up to 5 miles on the car when we get back, depending on where they have to park it.  They are very efficient.

On 6/16/2019 at 11:27 AM, Stokie33 said:

Im sorry But I dont think this is Parking 4 Cruises. They have complete permission to park in the short stay car park.  OUt of All the parking companies, this is the best one by far and cheap too. I would never go with anyone else anymore since finding them.

You drive to the luggage drop of....drop off the bags......hand your car over at the carpark opposite and walk to cruise terminal. (yards)

On disembarkation, the car is waiting for you at the end of the path....no queues, no problems. 

Tried both parking companies but preferred Parking 4 cruises due to being able to drop your luggage off straight away then drive a to the adjacent car park for the paperwork, short walk back and into the terminal. Glad we did this on our Brittania cruise which arrived 2 hours late as with  Cruise Parking you have to wait in your car in lines until you are called to drop your luggage. When a ship is late especially when our ship arrived seven hours late there were a lot of problems. Obviously this is a very rare occurrence.

Posted (edited)

Not only that, but each time you book you get a 5% discount.  I've just booked 17 nights for £108.  Bargain.

Just did a quote with CPS - it was £185!

Edited by jeanlyon

There's another difference between CPS and P4C - the refund policies.  I was able to receive a full refund from P4C recently for a cancelled cruise which wouldn't have been possible with CPS.

In the last 48 hours the CPS refund policy is particularly hard-hitting - no refund at all.

CPS

Refunds will be made where notice of cancellation is received by CPS 48 hours or more before departure of the ship in question but we will apply an administration charge of 10% (minimum charge £9.00) per booking.

P4C

If you wish to cancel your booking, please contact us on 02380 232 582 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, or email us on info@parking4cruises.co.uk. If you have selected our Standard or Premium Meet & Greet parking options, there is no fee for cancelling your booking.

If you have selected our Budget Meet & Greet package, there is a £10 administrative fee for processing your cancellation.

5 hours ago, FiftyOnePlus said:

Im sorry But I dont think this is Parking 4 Cruises. They have complete permission to park in the short stay car park.  OUt of All the parking companies, this is the best one by far and cheap too. I would never go with anyone else anymore since finding them.

You drive to the luggage drop of....drop off the bags......hand your car over at the carpark opposite and walk to cruise terminal. (yards)

On disembarkation, the car is waiting for you at the end of the path....no queues, no problems. 

We have used P4C many times with no issues but there have been occasions where some people have received parking fines through the post from ABP but after a phone call to P4C it has been sorted.