Surf and Turf not on the menu on 2nd Gala Night

rotjeknor

10 minutes ago, Crew News said:

On one of my cruises, bathroom tissue was not loaded in Seattle and was finally loaded while in port in Juneau. 

Yikes !!!!!

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

19 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Failure to serve lobster on the Gold (usually second night) could be that the lobster was not available when the ship provisions were loaded in port.  FWIW there are three Gala Night menus:  blue (served the first Gala Night if three Gala Nights), silver (served first Gala Night if two Gala Nights), and Gold (normally the last Gala Night).

On one of my cruises, bathroom tissue was not loaded in Seattle and was finally loaded while in port in Juneau. 

Not having toilet tissue is much more serious than no lobster, 😲

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ger_77 said:

You're right - some of us enjoy the lobster served on the ship for a couple of reasons; first of all, because we don't know any better. Secondly, because it's hard to grow them on the "frozen tundra"; not everyone is fortunate enough to live close to the source.

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Exactly!

19 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

A question....If eating Lobster is  such an important and integral  part of  you cruise experience  why would you not choose one of the other lines that serve Lobster everyday in every venue...  even at the pool grill. ?  Since HAL only serves it 1 or 2 times during a cruise... why would you not change to a cruise line that does offer unlimited  both Maine and Spiny lobster in abundance daily and at no charge.?

I don't cruise for the lobster, but I've heard from several co-workers who cruise other lines regularly (We only do HAL with the exception of one Royal Caribbean and One NCL) that several other lines are only serving lobster in specialty restaurants (as NCL did on the one we just got off). What line(s) are you familiar with that supposedly server lobster every day? Just curious as I've never heard anyone say their lines do that.

10 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Exactly!

would guess lobster sellers in Atlantic Canada  (Maritimes)   also ship and would ship to your 'tundra'.

image.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas

We were just on the Baltic Sea Zuiderdam 5/29-6/10 and we didn't get Lobster on Gala night either.  We were very disappointed and asked the DR Manager.  His comment was flat-out lie, that they don't serve Lobster on European cruises.  This was our 4th European cruise and every time we've had lobster, except for this time.  I don't care if it's not the best lobster in the world, but I expect to get it.

1 hour ago, cruiseguy56 said:

I don't cruise for the lobster, but I've heard from several co-workers who cruise other lines regularly (We only do HAL with the exception of one Royal Caribbean and One NCL) that several other lines are only serving lobster in specialty restaurants (as NCL did on the one we just got off). What line(s) are you familiar with that supposedly server lobster every day? Just curious as I've never heard anyone say their lines do that.

Well as mentioned  Oceania  does     in their Italian- Fra Diavlo,  Polo steak house -.Steamed whole Lobster   surf and turf and bisque , Jaques french-  Lobster Thermador,   Reg Ginger Aisian..lobster    The Terrace Buffet -grilled lobster tail  ,  AND  Waves pool grill serves Lobster and filet sandwiches  ( along with Mahi Mahi and Tuna steak.)       every day....  no charge    Their ships are built with live lobster tanks for the Maine lobsters I am told.  The have been dong that for 10 years or so....

Google Boston  MA and businesses    that  ship l  live lobsters

You'll get a choicre of places from which you can buy obsger and  have as much as you would like.  I have se3nt lobsters as  gifts and  thos who '

got it' were well pleased.  🙂

image.png.4e1694806f3928c6c1e4309929d04417.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas

I notice on cruises that are longer than 7 days, like the 14 day Alaska we just got off (on Amsterdam) and have 3 or more Gala nights, filet mignon is offered another night, and beef tenderloin is the "turf" on the Gala night. It was very tender on Amsterdam last week.

20 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

I notice on cruises that are longer than 7 days, like the 14 day Alaska we just got off (on Amsterdam) and have 3 or more Gala nights, filet mignon is offered another night, and beef tenderloin is the "turf" on the Gala night. It was very tender on Amsterdam last week.

20 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Happy y your  beef on  Amsterdam  was good.  file mignon is beef tendersoin

On our June 2 cruise out of  Vancouver on the Westerdam, surf (Maine lobster tail) and turf (small filet) was on the menu.  I passed on the turf part  because I wanted the Asian duck, but asked for and got a delicious lobster tail.