transportation from Ft Lauderdale to Miami

On 6/17/2019 at 5:46 AM, jerseyjjs said:

When I fly into FLL for a cruise out of Miami, I always use SAS Transportation.  For $15 p/p, they will drive you from FLL to the port of Miami and port of Miami-area hotels ONLY.  After the cruise, they will shuttle you from port of Miami back to FLL.  One caveat is, you need an earlier flight into FLL because they run their last shuttle at 3pm.

We also use SAS Transportation from FLL to Miami and never had any problems.

1 hour ago, socialworker said:

How crazy does it get at the pier during disembarkation with everyone waiting for their UBER?  I'm guessing this would also be one of those "prime times" when the basic rates are increased.  Yes or no?

Not crazy. I have never had surge pricing upon cruise ship disembarkation either. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/18/2019 at 11:24 AM, Dan-P said:

Within the same city, I use Uber/Lyft.  Between cities, I use Larry's Limo service ( http://www.larryslimo.com/ ) .  Always prompt, courteous and clean cars/SUVs.  Costs more than a shared shuttle or Uber/Lyft, but I like the piece of mind having it pre-scheduled.  Also like not waiting for anyone else and not making additional stops.  I just used them a few weeks ago.  Had them pick us up at the FLL airport and drop us at our hotel in Miami.  Post cruise, had them pick us up at the Port of Miami and drop us at our hotel in Fort Lauderdale.

Dan.

Were you satisfied with their service?  Were they punctual?? And if I could ask, what did they charge you?

On 6/24/2019 at 10:49 AM, socialworker said:

How crazy does it get at the pier during disembarkation with everyone waiting for their UBER?  I'm guessing this would also be one of those "prime times" when the basic rates are increased.  Yes or no?

We this in July and it was very crazy and hectic waiting for an Uber at the POM to FLL. It was also expensive, $102 for an UberXL!

On 6/18/2019 at 11:26 AM, Mr305 said:

If you are staying in Miami, you can take the Tri-Rail Shuttle to the Tri-Rail Airport Station then take the train South to the MIC (Miami Inter-modal Center).  This is Miami Airport's transportation hub, from there you can catch Metro-Rail to Downtown Miami if you are staying there to catch the ship the following morning.  Another option is to take Uber from the MIC to Downtown Miami, 10-15 minute ride at most with traffic.  Tri-Rail will be cheap, $2-$3pp one way and Metrorail will be along the same lines to Downtown.  If you need to move around Downtown, you can Uber or take the people mover or a taxi.  You can even rent electric scooters to get around, only issue with this is the rain.

This confuses me a bit.  We are flying into FLL the night before our cruise in two weeks.  We are thinking of taking the Tri-Rail from FLL to the Miami Airport because our Miami hotel has a free shuttle from the airport to their hotel.  We are wondering how to get back to FLL from POM at the end of the cruise.  Any suggestions?

4 minutes ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

This confuses me a bit.  We are flying into FLL the night before our cruise in two weeks.  We are thinking of taking the Tri-Rail from FLL to the Miami Airport because our Miami hotel has a free shuttle from the airport to their hotel.  We are wondering how to get back to FLL from POM at the end of the cruise.  Any suggestions?

Sorry, but I just cannot imagine lugging luggage on a train to get to MIA to hook up with a free shuttle to a hotel to save $20 tops

You can book return through SAS Here

http://www.ridesas.com/html/returning_customers_.html

Edited by cruisinfanatic
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, beachwestie said:

Were you satisfied with their service?  Were they punctual?? And if I could ask, what did they charge you?

They are extremely punctual, communicate well, and the trips have always gone as planned.  The vehicles, typically SUVs, are clean and well maintained.  Private ride, no waiting, no additional stops unless you request/arrange it.  They have vehicles that can handle large groups too.

We were curbside post cruise about 90 mins ahead of our scheduled pickup time.  I called and they were able to be there in about 20 mins to get us.

For two of us with luggage, our last trip in May 2019:

FLL to Miami hotel: $100.50 (including 20% gratuity).

Port Miami to Ft Lauderdale hotel: $114.00 (including 20% tip).

Not the cheapest for sure, but has worked well for us.

Dan.

• 2 weeks later...

We have to fly into Miami on Oct 13, but we are staying at the Hampton Inn Airport North Cruise Port In Ft. Lauderdale that night and cruising the next morning from Ft. L.  We are not Uber comfortable and are trying to decide the best way to get from Miami to our hotel. We arrive late afternoon on Sunday. Can we just go outside the airport and connect with SAS or one of the other shuttles or must we make a reservation. We are considering Larry’s Limos if it will cost almost as much to take a shuttle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandyle4 said:

We have to fly into Miami on Oct 13, but we are staying at the Hampton Inn Airport North Cruise Port In Ft. Lauderdale that night and cruising the next morning from Ft. L.  We are not Uber comfortable and are trying to decide the best way to get from Miami to our hotel. We arrive late afternoon on Sunday. Can we just go outside the airport and connect with SAS or one of the other shuttles or must we make a reservation. We are considering Larry’s Limos if it will cost almost as much to take a shuttle.

there is no SAS at MIA

3 minutes ago, Kellybc said:

Not sure if late January means the 25th sailing, but the Super Bowl is in Miami Feb 2. Will impact hotel and transportation costs/availability.

I fixed the date in your post, you had Jan not Feb.

On 6/18/2019 at 11:24 AM, Dan-P said:

Within the same city, I use Uber/Lyft.  Between cities, I use Larry's Limo service ( http://www.larryslimo.com/ ) .  Always prompt, courteous and clean cars/SUVs.  Costs more than a shared shuttle or Uber/Lyft, but I like the piece of mind having it pre-scheduled.  Also like not waiting for anyone else and not making additional stops.  I just used them a few weeks ago.  Had them pick us up at the FLL airport and drop us at our hotel in Miami.  Post cruise, had them pick us up at the Port of Miami and drop us at our hotel in Fort Lauderdale.

Dan.

Ditto.  Agreed all points Dan.  Go where and when you want to.  Gerry

• Like 1