Ever have awful Table mates?

3 minutes ago, K32682 said:

I can't give myself Noro so not washing my hands isn't going to haunt me.  Meanwhile, your habit of stalking patrons in public toilets and rebuking them for not hand washing may come back to haunt you in dramatic fashion.       

I highly doubt that.  And hopefully another person with gross habits will give you the gift that keeps on giving.  It would be poetic justice.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ducklite said:

I highly doubt that.  And hopefully another person with gross habits will give you the gift that keeps on giving.  It would be poetic justice.

So far through a varied and exciting life it hasn't happened yet which can be attributed to a robust constitution and not being raised as a germaphobe.  I do however hope a person who has little patience with overbearing germphobes who stalk people in public toilets does not take their unwashed hand and dramatically demonstrate why you should keep your opinions to yourself.     

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K32682 said:

So far through a varied and exciting life it hasn't happened yet which can be attributed to a robust constitution and not being raised as a germaphobe.  I do however hope a person who has little patience with overbearing germphobes who stalk people in public toilets does not take their unwashed hand and dramatically demonstrate why you should keep your opinions to yourself.     

Stalk?  Hardly. I wash my hands and see someone leave without washing theirs, I'm calling them out on it.  If they lay as much as a filthy finger on me they will be hauled away to jail and I'll go about my way.  Would actually take great joy in seeing the ship sail away with them and their filthy luggage on the dock after being put off.  I"m sure that 99.9% of the people on the ship would be laughing to see it happen.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, K32682 said:

I can't give myself Noro so not washing my hands isn't going to haunt me.  Meanwhile, your habit of stalking patrons in public toilets and rebuking them for not hand washing may come back to haunt you in dramatic fashion.       

Usually it is the one with a big mouth that will be haunted in a dramatic fashion in this world. And I am not talking about washroom monitoring. 

Edited by sfaaa
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Wash hands

Blow nose

Open door

Am I getting this right?

Don't think so. Pretty sure you're supposed to wait until you're seated with your 8 fellow fixed time diners, and then use your table napkin to blow your nose. 😎

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mom says said:

Don't think so. Pretty sure you're supposed to wait until you're seated with your 8 fellow fixed time diners, and then use your table napkin to blow your nose. 😎

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  Everyone knows you use the tablecloth.

• Haha 1

I remember one gentleman at a shared table had a good old nose pick and wiped it on his napkin as if it was the most normal thing in the world to do. His wife didn't bat an eyelid either. I can tell you there was definitely no hand shakes later.

8 hours ago, mom says said:

What else is a napkin for?

10 hours ago, ducklite said:

Stalk?  Hardly. I wash my hands and see someone leave without washing theirs, I'm calling them out on it.  If they lay as much as a filthy finger on me they will be hauled away to jail and I'll go about my way.  Would actually take great joy in seeing the ship sail away with them and their filthy luggage on the dock after being put off.  I"m sure that 99.9% of the people on the ship would be laughing to see it happen.

But it could be you hauled off if you were reported for loitering in the gents toilets.

That's classed as bad form where I am from.

1 hour ago, DarrenM said:

But it could be you hauled off if you were reported for loitering in the gents toilets.

That's classed as bad form where I am from.

If you think using a toilet and then washing your hands is "loitering," you need a new dictionary.  Besides, I'm a female, so you won't find me in the men's facilities. 

1 hour ago, ducklite said:

If you think using a toilet and then washing your hands is "loitering," you need a new dictionary.  Besides, I'm a female, so you won't find me in the men's facilities. 

Touché 👍

2 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Or no tablecloths.  EM

No tablecloths does make it very difficult to blow your nose if you need to use the tablecloth as your accessory. I guess you have to lean down and actually use the table. Now that would be disgusting!