4 newbie questions

killineybay

Wondering about the following:

1. Is there a limit to how many bottles of wine you can take on if you pay the corkage fee?

2. Is the pool on the Bliss heated?

3.  Are the specialty restaurants open for lunch on embarkation day?

4.  What is the best time for embarkation?

Thanks for any help.

1. As many as you like

2. Don’t know, sorry

3. Speciality restaurants are generally only open in the evening. Occasionally some do open up at lunchtime (ie I’ve seen Teppenyaki open during the day on some ships), but I’ve not seen them on embarkation day.

4. That depends on so much. What time do you sail away? Are you keen to get onboard or would you like to spend some time sightseeing beforehand. If you are just trying to avoid crowds then wait until the initial rush has cleared, but again the flow of passengers can be very different between a 4pm sailaway and a 7pm sailaway, for example.

Keith, as usual had the answers pretty much down for you. As for specialty dining rooms at lunch, some of the mega ships do serve a buffet for lunch in the specialty dining rooms but it isn't an up charge type of experience

I have never known an NCL ship with a heated pool but I haven't been on the Bliss either

Embarkation: we enjoy getting to the port about 10:30 getting on the ship, hopefully by 11:30 and having lunch before wandering to our cabin. As for crowds, later, about 2pm or so is probably less crowded.  

I'll just add that I have eaten in Margaritaville for lunch on embarkation day (Breakaway in January).  It was open to Haven Guests complementary (because the Haven Restaurant wasn't open yet) but I believe any guest could order (and pay) there.

Enjoy your cruise.

19 hours ago, killineybay said:

1. Is there a limit to how many bottles of wine you can take on if you pay the corkage fee?

2. Is the pool on the Bliss heated?

3.  Are the specialty restaurants open for lunch on embarkation day?

4.  What is the best time for embarkation?

Thanks for any help.

1. No

2. Yes. The pools, water slides, water feature in Spice H20 are heated (along with the hot tubs)

3. Yes. Only Margaritaville. Food Republic is open on sea days for lunch for a very limited time (noon - 1:30). Other specialties are not open for lunch on any days. 

4. We arrive at port at 10:15 to get through security and check-in before it gets busy. Priority boarding starts before 11:00. General boarding before 11:30. 

The following link is from last year's Alaska season on the Bliss. You can check out some of the restaurant times in the Freestyle Dailies. 

Edited by BirdTravels

19 hours ago, killineybay said:

1. Is there a limit to how many bottles of wine you can take on if you pay the corkage fee? - No

2. Is the pool on the Bliss heated? - Maybe, it really depends on where you are sailing.

3.  Are the specialty restaurants open for lunch on embarkation day? - No

4.  What is the best time for embarkation? - We prefer early

Thanks for any help.

Answers above.