Dinner around the Port of Long Beach

debnrick

Celebrating our 40th anniversary aboard the Panorama. Coming in a couple of days early staying at Long Beach Residence Inn. Anyone know of a nice place with a nice atmosphere for dinner other than the Queen Mary?

• Like 1

Take a look at Parker's Lighthouse:

http://parkerslighthouse.com/

image.thumb.png.4b054a7c4e052add019290f864025867.png

It sits on the point of the marina, with tremendous views of the Queen Mary, Carnival Terminal, etc.  Call and tell them it'a a special occasion and see if you can get a reservation for a table with a view...

Take the free Passport Shuttle from the front of the Maya and get off at Shoreline Village...

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 2

November 2018 had a cruise booked on the Splendor.  Took a one hour flight from Las Vegas to LAX(the day before the cruise), Super Shuttle to the Residence Inn Long Beach, walked in to the front desk and was greeted by the front desk clerk to be told she had been trying to call me all morning.  The hotel was sold out and they had to bump us to another Marriott property.  I had booked Residence Inn months and months out.  All worked out as Marriott paid for our taxi ride to the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Long Beach and they paid for our room.  That saved me about two hundred bucks!  We ended up having a terrific afternoon/evening in downtown Long Beach and our cruise on the Splendor was just fantastic.  I hope you don't get bumped but if you do, Marriott did take good care of us.  There are so many restaurants in that area and I am sure you will have a wonderful meal or two.

We've always enjoyed L'Opera at 101 Pine Ave.  We've eaten at Parker's Lighthouse and the setting was very nice but we found the food didn't live up the ambiance.  Might be a bit of a walk since we either stayed at the Renaissance or Hyatt but there is the free shuttle bus.