Cruise Critic Community
Booman14

Question about reservations

Hello all,

I have a quick question about making reservations for specialty restaurants... I was told by NCL that at 120 days out I would be able to reserve my shows and restaurants.  (We are cruising on the Breakaway this fall.)  The website even said, "Can not book now, must wait until 6/8/2019.  So I did; however, when the 8th came, I could only book the shows.  All the restaurants said "check back later, or book onboard".  My question is, Is this normal?  Everyone says the best times fill up fast, so I want to make sure we get certain times, but since we have a large group going with us, I would hate to wait until we get onboard. 

Thanks!

Norwegian install a new computer system a few weeks ago and is still working to get all the glitches out of it.  You might have to call them.

I called the pre-concierge today to try to book our specialty dining reservations (our window should have opened yesterday).  I was told that no dining could be booked for any cruise after 10/06 - not online or by calling.

That had previously been reported on here by other posters , but I wanted to double check.  What was frustrating was that they couldn't even give me an estimate for when the problem would be fixed.  She did mention that they had been told possibly by the end of the month.  🙄