Booking multiple staterooms

jann2793

My MIL is thinking of trying to get her whole family (5 siblings-including her-plus kids, etc.) to take a cruise sometime in the next couple of years. When I went online to do some mock bookings to see about prices, I noticed that there were some options for 3rd, 4th, and 5th guest sail for only $10 more. Now, my husband has taken 6 cruises, and I have taken 5 cruises, and this is a VIFP only special offer. My question is, if we were to book all of the rooms under our account, could the 3rd, 4th, and 5th guest sail for $10 option be applied to ALL cabins, or only just ours since we are the only ones who have previously sailed? Thanks in advance!

It would only apply to those who have been given the offer. For example I just booked a 4 day cruise and was not given the VIFP offer even though I have been on multiple carnival cruises yet my daughter was offered the VIFP offer for the same cruise.

A good PVP or travel agency can help you sort out how to get the best deal. They may inform you that each person that has an offer based of VIFP level or because of their state of residency be place as the primary passenger in a cabin even if their plan is to sleep elsewhere. Room only key cards are always available to make the sleeping arrangement switch easier. (This is also an acceptable strategy if only 1 adult in a cabin wants Cheers, either book them with kids as the other occupants or with another in your group that wants Cheers.) 

If you will be booking 8 more cabins you may want to contact Carnival's Group Travel coordinators, as there are special perks when you book through them, like a free (based on the average per person booking price) berth for every 8 cabins with 16 passengers in them or 3rd -5th passenger per cabin at a reduced price over the standard price regardless of VIFP level related or location special pricing.

A PVP is the way to go when booking multiple cabins. They can link all of the bookings for dining, do rate adjustments for early saver, it just makes it easier all the way around. I just booked 4 cabins with my VIFP offer. My PVP said the VIFP rates and the military rates are now good for up to 5 cabins. We just recently started sailing with friends and family. One thing I do, especially when traveling with newbies, is get all of the booking numbers and add them all to my Carnival account. That way I can access their booking, remind them of final payment dates, select everyones check in appt. so we are all boarding at the same time, make sure they are checked in, print boarding passes and luggage tags, etc. That way I know everyone has what they need and I don't have to constantly check up on them to make sure they are all ready!

I just seen this question, so thought I would ask.  It looks like we would probably book at least 4 staterooms.  Does it have to be more than that to get some type of discount, etc.?  Also, I normally (have done it ever since I started cruising years ago, but don't think they "try" (???) to get customers discounts like some TA's do) contact my TA who is not far from me.  I have never done it directly through Carnival.  My only problem, if we had a problem, I'm so used to calling my TA that is close to where I live, compared to a TA that works for Carnival in whatever state.  Just curious. 🙂

3 hours ago, beshears said:

I just seen this question, so thought I would ask.  It looks like we would probably book at least 4 staterooms.  Does it have to be more than that to get some type of discount, etc.?  Also, I normally (have done it ever since I started cruising years ago, but don't think they "try" (???) to get customers discounts like some TA's do) contact my TA who is not far from me.  I have never done it directly through Carnival.  My only problem, if we had a problem, I'm so used to calling my TA that is close to where I live, compared to a TA that works for Carnival in whatever state.  Just curious. 🙂

A good Carnival PVP will work with you to get you the best price.  I've worked with both a TA and PVP and they get me the same rates, therefore I've moved to the PVP since he seems to be able to work magic in the computer.  Last cruise I took, he booked the cabins in such a way to ensure everyone got the special rate as both my wife and I were eligible, and the others on the cruise were not.  Any questions I had he was able to answer and take care of it.

16 hours ago, jen2010ss said:

It would only apply to those who have been given the offer. For example I just booked a 4 day cruise and was not given the VIFP offer even though I have been on multiple carnival cruises yet my daughter was offered the VIFP offer for the same cruise.

My sister, who has only sailed on Carnival 3 times and is still a Red VIFP, frequently gets VIFP offers significantly better than offers my wife and I get (we are both Platinum). 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 5:18 PM, lobo55 said:

yes, just call and ask for one. We have had the same one for years and he has been lots of help. From what I hear not all PVP are created equal. Some are better than others. 

Make sure you ask for a PVP and not just a call center person.  PVPs are a lot more experienced at what they are doing.  Let them know that you don't want to be pestered with calls and that you will contact them when you need them.  Some have a habit of constantly calling trying to get you to book another cruise.