Offer to upgrade question

Chesneygirl

We just booked the Escape last night and we are 76 days from sailing. I know the offer to bid went out last week to others who were already booked on this sailing.

I thought maybe we would get the invitation today but so far nothing.  I'm wondering if we will even get an offer this time around.

Just curious if anyone happens to know how long it typically takes to get an offer when booking within the 80 day time frame?

Thanks in advance for any insight! 

Did you book directly through NCL?  Whenever I book through that place with quarter-pound dog and drink for a buck-fifty, I never get an upgrade offer.  If I've booked through ncl, I do.  Last year"s TA on Epic in an H4, we got the upgrade offer, even though the Haven had shown sold out for a year.  We'd booked through ncl.  We did the same TA this year with same category cabin and added the b2b to Rome in the same cabin.  First part was booked through the membership store, the 2nd through ncl. Got the upgrade offer on the ncl part, nothing on the first.  Moot point, as we didn't want to upgrade, but this has been our experience.

52 minutes ago, Carnac767 said:

Did you book directly through NCL?  Whenever I book through that place with quarter-pound dog and drink for a buck-fifty, I never get an upgrade offer.  If I've booked through ncl, I do.  Last year"s TA on Epic in an H4, we got the upgrade offer, even though the Haven had shown sold out for a year.  We'd booked through ncl.  We did the same TA this year with same category cabin and added the b2b to Rome in the same cabin.  First part was booked through the membership store, the 2nd through ncl. Got the upgrade offer on the ncl part, nothing on the first.  Moot point, as we didn't want to upgrade, but this has been our experience.

I booked through my TA. She does participate in the program. I've gotten the offer in the past right at the 80 day mark  but this time we  booked later in the process so I'm not sure how it will all work out. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chesneygirl said:

I booked through my TA. She does participate in the program. I've gotten the offer in the past right at the 80 day mark  but this time we  booked later in the process so I'm not sure how it will all work out. 

Good luck.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chesneygirl said:

My last few cruises I've booked at or just after the 80 day mark and always rec'd the invitation within a day or two.  Good luck. 

In the past couple of years we've booked anywhere from 3 weeks before a cruise to 9 months before through the NCL.com website or through our PCC & we ALWAYS get an upgrade offer.  Now in all fairness we always book "steerage" (aka, GTY/SailAway Inside Cabin...lol) so we're probably "flagged" by whatever algorithm NCL uses as an upgradable customer.  We usually get an email offering us an upgrade within a day or so of booking but as soon as I've finished the online check-in process "MyNCL" web page will then have a link, "Let's Get You Upgraded" right on the opening page.

Good luck & hope you get the upgrade you want!