EXPLORER OF THE SEAS Opinions? Help?

Hi there!  We are looking to book a cruise for February 2020 and came across the 9 night Explorer of the Seas itinerary which we think we would love.

Have been on this ship several times but it has probably been about 4 years and I am wondering what shape she is in.  I think I read she will be going into dry dock next year, but it would not be before this cruise.  Looking for any opinions from recent travelers.  Should we “go for it” or choose another ship.

As a side note, it is myself and my husband who would be going.  We are mid 50’s and have sailed a bunch of times on several different lines .  We love RCCL and know what to expect, just curious on whether this ship is still in good shape or if we should choose another.

Thanks so much!

We were on in March out of Sydney for 12 nights and had a great time. The ship looked in great shape from what I saw. She will be getting spruced up next year. The crew were great, the food was great everywhere we ate and we had nothing at all to complain about.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mugtech said:

It appears the only person complaining about the Explorer is a certain Norwegian, most on other threads agree with the sentiments expressed here.

He does have a sidekick who agrees with his narrow views, and seems to dislike RCL no matter what ship

Edited by Sancho_proudfoot
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Heatherco said:

Thank you both so much!  We have always loved the Explorer and am thrilled to hear she is still in great shape!

Me too,just booked a cruise on her for October 2019.

Edited by grapau27

I just booked the EX for August 2020 out of Rome post AMP refurbishment. I wish RCI was open now with the changes being made. Mainly specialty dining. I assume that Chops will stay but not sure about Giovanni’s. Not concerned about any of the other changes which I assume will be similar to the MR and NV.

On 6/18/2019 at 12:02 AM, Heatherco said:

Thank you both so much!  We have always loved the Explorer and am thrilled to hear she is still in great shape!

We are on Explorer in October so I will report back on her condition then but as our Host Clarea says Royal always make sure their ships are in great shape.