Booked using a future cruise credit then changing passenger

Hi

Is it possible to book a cruise using a future cruise credit then change the passenger?  Has anyone been able to do this if still before final payment and do RCI charge any change fees?  

Based in UK and we normally have more restrictions and wonder if anyone can advise what to expect please?

2 minutes ago, normannna said:

2 passengers both using FCC and one would rather not go (long story) and allow someone else to go in their place.  

Please report back if you find otherwise, but I would expect that the FCC would go when the passenger name changes.

I read on here that people were going to try that and see if they FCC would stay on if one name changed but I have not read of anyone reporting back if it worked or not.  I would guess that they would not  catch it 

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I read on here that people were going to try that and see if they FCC would stay on if one name changed but I have not read of anyone reporting back if it worked or not.  I would guess that they would not  catch it 

Possible.  They way they applied ours, it looked like a one-time discount on the cruise fare of whatever category we had when the FCC was applied. 

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I haven’t seen anything regarding that either.  It would be nice if it worked.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Possible.  They way they applied ours, it looked like a one-time discount on the cruise fare of whatever category we had when the FCC was applied. 

Same with ours.  Which seems odd you would think it would or should show up as a credit like a payment would.  That really must get complicated if the price drops on one once applied

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Same with ours.  Which seems odd you would think it would or should show up as a credit like a payment would.  That really must get complicated if the price drops on one once applied

I don't know if it works like a Visa Points discount redemption, but once when we used points for a $500 discount, it was applied the same way, i.e., as a one-time discount on that category.  Later, when we wanted to upgrade to a JS, the discount redemption would have been lost, because it was not a line item credit on our balance, but a one-time price adjustment on the category we had booked.