What to expect from a Journey's cruise

khewston

1 hour ago, khewston said:

We just booked our first Journey's cruise.  What should we expect?  I have heard that these cruises do have a midnight buffet.  How many formal nights?  The cruise will be a 15 day re-positioning.

Thanks!

Hi khewston ☺️

My wife & I will be sailing on a 15-night repositioning Journeys voyage onboard Mardi Gras September 30th 2020. I'm going to drop you some info below. Journeys sailings are a lot of fun. 

PS: There will be 3 formal evenings. 

Have a wonderful voyage!

The info below was located @: 

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3936/~/carnival-journeys-cruises

3bcf4d9e-19f1-43b5-8d19-a4e9b7f7a3f0-ori

28d07bb5-50c4-43b9-bbb7-794b403f9752-ori

2376c420-e593-487c-818a-d09f03ddb27a-ori

🌴

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Journey cruises will have a throwback seaday with special events - like horse racing, frog race, midnight buffet, 80's movies & trivia, a Captain's party (with appetizers and free drinks) plus a throwback menu (an extra night of lobster tails if that's your thing).

There will also be more special acts (they can't really add more song/dance shows that haven't been rehearsed), plus "crew connection" stuff like galley tour, talks with staff, and a crew/passenger glee club.

I love the journey cruises - no only because they tend to be longer with interesting ports but because there is so much more stuff to do.

20 hours ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi khewston ☺️

My wife & I will be sailing on a 15-night repositioning Journeys voyage onboard Mardi Gras September 30th 2020. I'm going to drop you some info below. Journeys sailings are a lot of fun. 

PS: There will be 3 formal evenings. 

Have a wonderful voyage!

The info below was located @: 

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3936/~/carnival-journeys-cruises

3bcf4d9e-19f1-43b5-8d19-a4e9b7f7a3f0-ori

28d07bb5-50c4-43b9-bbb7-794b403f9752-ori

2376c420-e593-487c-818a-d09f03ddb27a-ori

🌴

Sounds fabulous! I need a 16 day cruise (to make Platinum) soI will look into a Journeys cruise!  

• Like 1

We've been on 2 Journey's cruises so far with our 3rd one booked for Feb.  What I love is the different ports that Carnival does not usually sail to.  Our 1st Journey's cruise included new ports for us - Grenada & Dominic which was changed to Martinique due to hurricane.  Our 2nd Journey's cruise included Guadalupe, Barbados, & St. Croix  + 4 others we've been to many times.  Our 2020 is a partial Panama Canal cruise & includes Bonaire & Cartagena, Columbia plus, of course, the partial transit in the Panama Canal.

32 minutes ago, MT_Sea_Cruisers said:

The link that the other poster provided (https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3939/~/journeys-sailings) also has a link to show all Journeys cruises

Thanks! Looks like I'm booked on a Journeys cruise and didn't even know it! Vancouver-to-Hawaii-to-Los Angeles September 26. Yay!

• Like 1

I did the 14 day re-positioning cruise on the Breeze and it was by far the most fun out of all the cruises I've been on. A couple of things I noticed different from a normal cruise(I know some of these were mentioned before).

1. Demand and Platinum Cruisers will outnumber Blue, Red and Gold Cruisers(possibility even all three combined) 

2. More competitions that a normal( paper airplane, and egg drop were some I did).

3. Fewer kids on board especially true if cruise is during the school year. I think we has less that 20 people number the age in 18.

4. Fly aboard entertainment like a juggler, mentalist, Professional singers, etc      

5.  Academy of fun. I attended the Food and Celestial Navigation(my favorite ) seminars.

6. Pirate theme party.  

7. Midnight Buffet

8. Quest....was...um.. more interesting than a normal cruise(thats all I'm saying)

9. They did have a problem keep some items stocked, bananas is one example.

10. I was wrong by thinking that after 14 days I'd be ready to get off, if anything I was more attached and the ship, crew, and other passengers. It felt wrong getting off at the end of the cruise. 

There is much more but that is want just comes to mind. 

10 hours ago, Envelope21 said:

Thanks! Looks like I'm booked on a Journeys cruise and didn't even know it! Vancouver-to-Hawaii-to-Los Angeles September 26. Yay!

We are on this one too, getting so close!!