Parking at San Francisco pier?

nrsmeme

I tried to search in the forums but not having luck finding info on good options for parking near pier 27 in San Francisco. I looked on spot hero and saw one cheaper than the one recommended by Princess but since I’ve never used them not sure. Does anyone have experience long term parking around port?

Thank you in advance for any info. 

Melissa 

Last year we used "Impark Waterfront Plaza Garage" located at 80 Francisco Street. They now charge $18.00 per day and here is their reservation telephone number-- 415-398-4162.  Cruise Parking is on the top floor, level 6.  It's just 1 and 1/2 block away from Pier 27.  I will drop my wife and luggage off and it take about 20 minutes to walk back to Pier 27.  We now use a neighbor.  

• Like 1

Gimer,  Plus the Oakland/San Francisco Bridge Fare?  What do you think?  I guess we do not know where to OP lives?  Agree, Neighbor/Amtrak/BART/SF Ferry  all good options.  

11 minutes ago, Gimer said:

Last year we used "Impark Waterfront Plaza Garage" located at 80 Francisco Street. They now charge $18.00 per day and here is their reservation telephone number-- 415-398-4162.  Cruise Parking is on the top floor, level 6.  It's just 1 and 1/2 block away from Pier 27.  I will drop my wife and luggage off and it take about 20 minutes to walk back to Pier 27.  We now use a neighbor.  

6 hours ago, milolii said:

Gimer,  Plus the Oakland/San Francisco Bridge Fare?  What do you think?  I guess we do not know where to OP lives?  Agree, Neighbor/Amtrak/BART/SF Ferry  all good options.  

We live 4 hours away so not super easy to use public transport or have the time. And normally I would try getting one of my young adult nephews to drive us but everyone is going on this trip so that’s not an option either. Darn it. Thanks for trying to give options though 

It's been a few years since we sailed from S.F.. I remember speaking to some passengers on board that drove to one of the bay ferry terminals, parked and took the ferry to the S.F. ferry terminal which is fairly close to pier 27. You may want to look into this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nrsmeme said:

We live 4 hours away so not super easy to use public transport or have the time. And normally I would try getting one of my young adult nephews to drive us but everyone is going on this trip so that’s not an option either. Darn it. Thanks for trying to give options though 

nrsmeme:

We live near Reno and we too live about 4 hours away.....and have had the same issues with parking!  Too close to fly but too far for someone to drop us off.

At least for us, after considering all the options, (public transportaion / uber / park and cruise options) it always works out about the same price wise....so we just bite the bullit and pay for the parking at Impark.  If you use that option, just make sure you drop off your passengers and luggage before you head over and park.  Its about a 10 minute walk back to the cruise terminal.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

We used spot hero and booked thru them.  Had no issues so far except they moved us but it worked in our favor as they moved us to a lot a bit closer to the pier.   I liked spot hero as when I tried to use Impark we got an email w/o a specific confirmation and when I tried to call to confirm, nobody answered.  At least with spot hero, we got a confirmation immediately and it's the same parking lots so I knew our reservation was accepted/confirmed immediately. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gimer said:

This is what we used on our December cruise and we are using them again next week.  It would be cheaper for us to use Bart or Uber, but we prefer driving to SF.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have never done it but wondering if it would be worth it to park out near the airport at one of the $10 per day places and take uber or something to the port. I have no idea what that would cost. The last time we sailed out of SF our son dropped us off and we treated him to a BVE. I guess the BVE program is being killed as of the end of June though so we won't be able to do that anymore.

Edited by Thrak
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Have never done it but wondering if it would be worth it to park out near the airport at one of the $10 per day places and take uber or something to the port. I have no idea what that would cost. The last time we sailed out of SF our son dropped us off and we treated him to a BVE. I guess the BVE program is being killed as of the end of June though so we won't be able to do that anymore.

Parking near the airport is an interesting idea, but last time we parked, over a year ago, I was lucky to find something within the $$16-18 daily range , and that was with a coupon. Most parking was in the $15-20 daily range, give or take coupons or the random 2 free days parking for every so many days.  We used to park out there all the time when fly8ng, but now we BART but couldn’t last year, and we were shocked how pricy it had become. 

OP, we’ve parked at 55 Francisco a couple times and 80 Francisco in the past. Both are nicely located  lots.  $18 a Day is avg everywhere now, even at the port in Los Angeles.  We just factor it into the overall cost of the cruise.  Transportation and parking costs are atrocious in California.   

Now, what you COULD do is reserve parking through the BART website and park at one of our garages in the east bay,and from there you would take BART to Embarcadero and then Uber the one mile or so to the port.  Select-a-spot.  We always park there. Bring an old car though, or it could get stolen.   Parking is like $7 a day and weekends are free. 

Ae left our car at One of the garages for three weeks last year.  You must make a reservation and not all stations participate in the program.  To me, for the cruise, I would rather pay the $180 to park near the port vs hassling taking BART though, 10 days parking $70 or maybe $60 with free weekend ?? plus around $30 to BART, plus Uber,   My math is bad today.  

Edited by 4cats4me
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2019 at 4:17 PM, Thrak said:

We've used "Park/Sleep/Fly" near SFO a number of time.  They have a shuttle to to the airport and BART is in the airport.  To the Ferry Building.  Can't imagine doing anything else.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 4:17 PM, Thrak said:

This is my usual routine (though as others have noted, good luck finding anything remotely close to $10 / day, we pay something like $17 with a "frequent parker" program).  

One thing I'll add is that the best way to get from an airport garage to the pier is undoubtedly via Bart from SFO to Embarcadero station.  BART is better than an Uber or a taxi since the last 2 miles of the drive to the pier along Embarcadero can easily take 20 minutes.  You'll see a stream of people walking past your stopped taxi (or Uber) arriving at the pier long before you.  If you insist on using an Uber, I suggest you request a drop off at "The Ferry Building" (pier 1) and walk from there to pier 27.  It's a very pleasant 10 minute walk in good weather along the waterfront with he ship in view the whole way.  I promise you'll get there long before the taxi in front of you!

Depending on length of trip we do a one way rental and find it cheaper than parking.  We plan to do this in September for a three week trip to Europe and did it last year for ten day trip to Maldives.  I can usually find a O/W rental to/from SFO for about $130.