3 Drinks only in Diamond Lounge

On 6/18/2019 at 4:31 PM, grapau27 said:

I totally agree.

Our loyalty is rewarded by the DL access and I am happy to show my D+ seapass card anytime I am asked to prove we have earned the right to enter the DL.

Agree.  Staff is not only doing it to protect the program, but to be sure that we who have attained that level, can get receive the service we enjoy.  

• Like 2

On 6/18/2019 at 7:26 PM, frank808 said:

That explains it.  Our first cruise was in 2014 and first time sailing serenade was 2018. Did not know the cl was a cigar bar.  Where is this extra door the poster spoke of?

I think they meant the one in the DL that connects to the VCL.  It is usually used as an overflow doorway, and is to the right of the lounge as you walk in the front door coming from the elevators.  

On 6/19/2019 at 10:19 AM, davekathy said:

We did a B2B cruise on the Freedom March 2019 and they weren't scanning Seapass cards in the DL. Sip to ship, DLC to DLC. Consistently inconsistent. 

Sip to Ship?  😉  Cute!  😄 

Pardon if I missed this in reading the thread

It’s about 5 years since we’ve sailed Royal.

Will be on the Mariner with our 8 & 12 year old granddaughters.  We are Elite on Celebrity & now Diamond On Royal.

Can we bring them for a soda to the Diamond Lounge?

thanks,  happy sailing,

Linda

3 minutes ago, true45 said:

Will be on the Mariner with our 8 & 12 year old granddaughters.  We are Elite on Celebrity & now Diamond On Royal.

thanks,  happy sailing,

Linda

Theoretically, no, HOWEVER I can’t imagine there would be a problem bringing your grandchildren with you.  The    concierge will make the final determination. The benefit is provided for those who actually have diamond status.  Unlike Celebrity, Royal Caribbean does not extend loyalty privileges to cabin mates.

Again, I can’t imagine that they would not allow your grandchildren to come in to the lounge with you.  If it becomes a problem, please be aware that three beverages are loaded on to your Seapass card to use each evening. You can go to any venue on the ship and use them, even getting a soda for your grandchildren. 

Enjoy

m

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, true45 said:

thanks,  happy sailing,

Linda

You can only bring your granddaughters in if they are also Diamond.  You will have 3 drinks loaded on your sea pass each day that can be used only during the happy hour onboard.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, true45 said:

thanks,  happy sailing,

Linda

I'm sure you can bring them in. But won't they be bored to tears sitting (quietly) . In a room full of old "foggies"?.

I believe Adventure Ocean has an after dinner program for the kids. That they would probably enjoy a whole lot more.

14 hours ago, true45 said:

thanks,  happy sailing,

Linda

We are just off Mariner a couple of weeks ago.  There was a couple that had their grandaughters with them, but they used the overflow lounge just outside the door in the VCL.  Was not busy out there, and the bartender can do drink vouchers in that location, as in all bars.  Keep in mind the Diamond Lounge on Mariner is very, very small.  Seats available for those that have attained Diamond level are at a premium in there when it gets busy, so really needs to be saved for those that qualify.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, island lady said:

Agree.  Staff is not only doing it to protect the program, but to be sure that we who have attained that level, can get receive the service we enjoy.  

Agree  and well said Royal DS. 

Edited by davekathy

According to access policy, the "non-member" grandchildren are not permitted to take up space in the Lounge. Circumstances will perhaps differ between ships and sailings. From time to time, you might get away with it. But you'll never know if or when the staff will monitor legitimate access and apply the rules.

Save yourself the embarrassment of either being rejected from Lounge entry (or worse), being asked to leave. People might complain if seating is tight. So ... take advantage of the 3 drinks plugged into your sea pass card, and enjoy them in a public venue. There's almost always live music in the Centrum  prior to dinner time. I'm guessing that the girls would be much happier to watch a music performance, than to be stuck in a room with a bunch of old(er) folks!

Happy Sailing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It wouldn't surprise me if, at some point, RCCL does limit the drinks in the Diamond Club.  Even if they did limit it to 3 drinks each it would still be a pretty good deal and doing so would thin out the club since some people would figure they might as well go elsewhere.  It's easy for me to say since I would never drink 3 drinks in one night anyway, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's heading that way.  As there are more and more Diamonds and and above on each cruise the strategies for supporting them all might need to change and this seems like a logical jump.

Maybe on OP's ship (Adventure?) they were trying out this process to see how it was received.  I'd guess a lot of people would just give their cards, use the 3 drinks (or more if they let them) and not care.  They've been known to test the waters before making massive program changes.

That said, I don't know anything, this is just my opinion.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tserface said:

It wouldn't surprise me if, at some point, RCCL does limit the drinks in the Diamond Club.  Even if they did limit it to 3 drinks each it would still be a pretty good deal and doing so would thin out the club since some people would figure they might as well go elsewhere.  It's easy for me to say since I would never drink 3 drinks in one night anyway, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's heading that way.  As there are more and more Diamonds and and above on each cruise the strategies for supporting them all might need to change and this seems like a logical jump.

Maybe on OP's ship (Adventure?) they were trying out this process to see how it was received.  I'd guess a lot of people would just give their cards, use the 3 drinks (or more if they let them) and not care.  They've been known to test the waters before making massive program changes.

That said, I don't know anything, this is just my opinion.

My thoughts are on the same wavelength as yours on this. It is possible they are testing the waters, so to speak, on Adventure to see how it is received. I guess we shall wait and see.

On 6/18/2019 at 11:45 AM, MandyMooToo said:

We have always taken both cards to order two drinks also.  Never thought it could be done any other way.

When near the pool or other bar, we take 2 cards up once, but frequently the bar tender sees you coming and only asks for one card.

3 hours ago, AC Stew said:

According to access policy, the "non-member" grandchildren are not permitted to take up space in the Lounge. Circumstances will perhaps differ between ships and sailings. From time to time, you might get away with it. But you'll never know if or when the staff will monitor legitimate access and apply the rules.

Save yourself the embarrassment of either being rejected from Lounge entry (or worse), being asked to leave. People might complain if seating is tight. So ... take advantage of the 3 drinks plugged into your sea pass card, and enjoy them in a public venue. There's almost always live music in the Centrum  prior to dinner time. I'm guessing that the girls would be much happier to watch a music performance, than to be stuck in a room with a bunch of old(er) folks!

Happy Sailing!

Totally agree.

8 hours ago, island lady said:

We are just off Mariner a couple of weeks ago.  There was a couple that had their grandaughters with them, but they used the overflow lounge just outside the door in the VCL.  Was not busy out there, and the bartender can do drink vouchers in that location, as in all bars.  Keep in mind the Diamond Lounge on Mariner is very, very small.  Seats available for those that have attained Diamond level are at a premium in there when it gets busy, so really needs to be saved for those that qualify.  

Pat -- We were lucky on Mariner as the DL was not heavily used during our B2B on May 20.  The 4 nighter usage was light but the 3 nighter hardly had any people using.  We got to the DL around 7:15 PM prior to late seating so it may have been more heavily used earlier in the evening.  Loved the DL Concierge - Tao.  

On 6/20/2019 at 6:05 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

Theoretically, no, HOWEVER I can’t imagine there would be a problem bringing your grandchildren with you.  The    concierge will make the final determination. The benefit is provided for those who actually have diamond status.  Unlike Celebrity, Royal Caribbean does not extend loyalty privileges to cabin mates.

Again, I can’t imagine that they would not allow your grandchildren to come in to the lounge with you.  If it becomes a problem, please be aware that three beverages are loaded on to your Seapass card to use each evening. You can go to any venue on the ship and use them, even getting a soda for your grandchildren. 

Enjoy

m

Oh thanks — I didn’t realize the drinks were loaded on my card & we can use them in other venues 

On 6/20/2019 at 6:30 PM, rt1092 said:

I'm sure you can bring them in. But won't they be bored to tears sitting (quietly) . In a room full of old "foggies"?.

I believe Adventure Ocean has an after dinner program for the kids. That they would probably enjoy a whole lot more.

I think they like hanging with us old fogies😀🦜. This is our 3rd sailing with them.  They rarely use the kids clubs.  No accounting for my grandchildren's taste LOL 

3 hours ago, true45 said:

I think they like hanging with us old fogies😀🦜. This is our 3rd sailing with them.  They rarely use the kids clubs.  No accounting for my grandchildren's taste LOL 

Hanging with Mr Fogies, sounds like a cool sitcom.

• Like 1