3 Drinks only in Diamond Lounge

8 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

That is completely obvious.  Only us old timers still do web pages.  Those whose opinions are still forming, rarely show up here.... that is why marketing people ignore us, because they know I want a flowrider, and know that I won’t accept anything else.  

jc

All new ships have flow ridrs.  the big ones have two

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Good to hear.

Thanks bob, I assumed you knew I was talking about the DL.  We were on a short cruise on our first ever promenade ship from RCL and she did not disappoint. 

13 minutes ago, WeExplore said:

If we are going to be restricted to 3 drinks my preference is to be able to use them anytime in a 24 hour period not just at “happy hour”.  

No doubt a popular but highly unlikely preference 

3 minutes ago, CallagDeb said:

Thanks bob, I assumed you knew I was talking about the DL.  We were on a short cruise on our first ever promenade ship from RCL and she did not disappoint. 

Which ship?

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

All new ships have flow ridrs.  the big ones have two

Yeah, no Princess, X, HAL, Carnivore, NCL, Regent, Silverseas, Crystal, Viking, or any river cruise boat has one....

So, they know I like bud light, not likely to suddenly become a fan of Coors lite.  Gosh that is bad beer.

IE my preferences are baked in pretty solid.  Laura will always prefer pink Koolaid, I will always prefer my sweet drink to be Gran Marnier, etc, etc. etc.  So says the king of Siam.

jc

16 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

That was our favorite ship when she was at PC the first time.

She sure received a nice face lift!  🙂  Was very happily surprised. 

Loved the DL set up, and concierge Tao.  Was not that impressed with the furniture set up in the SL...just did not seem cozy and welcoming like the DL.  

• Like 1

Going back to the OP mention of the Facebook post.  We were on the Adventure on that date and saw the post on FB.  We were not in the D lounge but spoke with the Concierge in the SL.  After he stopped laughing he confirmed there are NO restrictions on the number of drinks and the swiping the card is  for inventory only.  It's not going to be all the time. It's evidently requested by Miami for inventories and probably may see this on ships randomly.  Nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

Going back to the OP mention of the Facebook post.  We were on the Adventure on that date and saw the post on FB.  We were not in the D lounge but spoke with the Concierge in the SL.  After he stopped laughing he confirmed there are NO restrictions on the number of drinks and the swiping the card is  for inventory only.  It's not going to be all the time. It's evidently requested by Miami for inventories and probably may see this on ships randomly.  Nothing to worry about.

Very bad news for those who are limited to 3 drinks per night. LOL  Maybe we can make a suggestion that the DL/SL monitors watch over those to ensure that they know their limit. 

22 hours ago, WeExplore said:

If we are going to be restricted to 3 drinks my preference is to be able to use them anytime in a 24 hour period not just at “happy hour”.  

You are right. That would be a great compromise.  The other benefits are not restricted to a specific time period to be used and it would lessen the sting if they did as you suggest here. Even if it were not 24 hours and just within daytime hours like 10a-midnight it would still be good.  They'd save a ton not doing the cocktail parties.

On 6/25/2019 at 4:15 PM, steveru621 said:

They actually do read CC.  I've had many Cruise Directors tell me they always read CC.

Ahh, okay. I knew that Cruise Director's, Captains and other crew members were on CC but I thought for their own personal use, not in a work-related way.

On 6/25/2019 at 4:15 PM, steveru621 said:

I believe a couple of years ago they tried to change delete/change the C&A balcony discount 6 months out.  CC anger got that squashed.

Awesome. Nice to hear that CC had a direct impact on corporate policy. Again, I thought those stories were always assumptions, borderline myths.

6 hours ago, torpeedo said:

Well, I truly appreciate the effort, but replacing a bogus rumor with a less bogus, but more likely rumor is not likely to ease the paranoid people in this thread’s minds.  🤣🤣

jc

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Ahh, okay. I knew that Cruise Director's, Captains and other crew members were on CC but I thought for their own personal use, not in a work-related way.

Awesome. Nice to hear that CC had a direct impact on corporate policy. Again, I thought those stories were always assumptions, borderline myths.

Again, while I love to believe in the power of the people... the reality is we don’t actually know.  So, one bogus post is replaced by a slight more believable post, doesn’t make it true.

jc

Not sure if this has been posted BUT, Empress has no lounge of any kind. They also do not hold any type of evening event for diamond and up. Therefore, those who sail  Empress and want a soda or cocktail (or 3) simply use one of the three daily  vouchers provided.

I have not  heard from any of those who sail  empress that the 3 vouchers were not sufficient. Further, there is no dedicated space for those who say they want a lounge to meet other cruisers.   

Just sayin....,

m

52 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Not sure if this has been posted BUT, Empress has no lounge of any kind. They also do not hold any type of evening event for diamond and up. Therefore, those who sail  Empress and want a soda or cocktail (or 3) simply use one of the three daily  vouchers provided.

I have not  heard from any of those who sail  empress that the 3 vouchers were not sufficient. Further, there is no dedicated space for those who say they want a lounge to meet other cruisers.   

Just sayin....,

m

Majesty does not have dedicated CL/DL/SL either.  But they do hold a "Suite/D/D+/Pinnacle event in the VCL nightly, and is actually very good with upgraded munchies and great service.  Do miss the coffee machine though.  

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Just sayin....,

m

When we were on the Empress I talked to the HD and he said Miami told him that, under no circumstance, would he be allowed to set up a Diamond Event like the one on the Majesty.  However, and this must remain a secret between us, the Schooner Bar did not swipe my card after the first night and I could drink as many as I wanted - this, of course, being quite unofficial.  I will never tell the grease I use to apply to the wheel.

22 minutes ago, Tagsalong said:

When we were on the Empress I talked to the HD and he said Miami told him that, under no circumstance, would he be allowed to set up a Diamond Event like the one on the Majesty.  However, and this must remain a secret between us, the Schooner Bar did not swipe my card after the first night and I could drink as many as I wanted - this, of course, being quite unofficial.  I will never tell the grease I use to apply to the wheel.

Great idea to tell your secret on a public forum!   And to let us know that you persuaded a staff to go against the rules. 

I am suspecting that others who sail on Empress do not expect staff to go against the policy, and appear to be satisfied with the three drinks.    We are. 

M

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Great idea to tell your secret on a public forum!   And to let us know that you persuaded a staff to go against the rules. 

I am suspecting that others who sail on Empress do not expect staff to go against the policy, and appear to be satisfied with the three drinks.    We are. 

M

You obviously do not get sarcasm and you like to chastise.  Sorry to find that out about you.  So sad.  By the way, I do not persuade a staff - they chose what, and are in control of what, they want to do and do not want to do.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 3:04 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

So, what is the problem?   

I believe the benefit lists access to a lounge ( or a nightly event)  and no specific benefits listed, in fact no mention of alcohol at all.  Wouldn't it be hilarious if they kept the lounge but discontinued the alcohol.   From the original post,  I wonder if they were just keeping track, or actually limiting  drinks to three.   

This is from the website regarding a nightly event ( on Majesty) and the lounge on all other ship except Empress.  Empress has no lounges or event, just three vouchers:

........6. The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event is a benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. The event will take place approximately between the hours of 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Three nightly drink vouchers will be loaded on the member’s SeaPass card to be used in venues throughout the ship

7. Diamond Club is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. Complimentary specialty coffees are only available in the dining room on days when breakfast is being served. On ships where a Diamond Club is available there will be no Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room. The Diamond Club is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Club (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests younger than 21 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Guests and friends of Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members are not allowed into the Diamond Club due to limited space. ........

Cheers

M

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Just sayin....,

m

You did, 9 days ago.

Just sayin'.

😉😁

On 6/25/2019 at 3:25 PM, BeachChik said:

Its kind of sad that you stayed loyal to a cruise line just for a few freebies. And to pass on others with better itineraries makes no sense. 

Ditto, I can't imagine only cruising one line just so I could accumulate sufficient credit so I could drink for free for a couple of hours.

I cruise who I cruise with for a variety of reasons.  The loyalty program is a fair ways down from the top of the list.

• Like 2