Harmony Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge

2 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Will possibly see you in the Suite Lounge next Sunday. We are also on the Allure sailing 12-1-19. Booked our Crown Loft July

2018 while sailing on the Oasis.

John...finish up your Allure 12/1 and hop on up to PC to join us on Harmony 12/8!  Would love to sail with you and Sandy again!  🙂 

8 hours ago, island lady said:

Sure...if that's what you are looking for. 😉  I will happily compare the money I have spent with Royal (booking no less than a JS, with many GS cabins) over the last 15 years with what you have spent on a few cruises in suites.  Then you can tell me if I have spent my "hard earned vacation money" as well.   

As a stockholder, the last 14 years are no value to the current bottom line. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 3:34 PM, Dett said:

We have booked our first suite on Harmony.  Does anyone know if Coastal Kitchen is open for lunch on boarding day?

Kathy -- so great that you were able to book a suite. Not only do you get a great stateroom with a wonderful bathroom and balcony, they also give you a lot of perks.  

As folks have posted, lunch is available for suite guests on embarkation day.  It opens at noon but the SL is available as soon as you board.  

We are on the ship on September 1 -- wish we were with you and Alex.  

Aren't Harry and Joyce on HM with you because I think they have 3 B2B2B cruises booked?  They disembark when we embark on 9-1-2019.  

We have 6 cruises booked on HM from 9-1-2019 through 4-11-2021 in JSs so we can have dinner in CK (and get 2 cruise credits per night).  We're too lazy to drive further than Port Canaveral.   And frankly, all I want to do is veg.  

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Yes, as already mentioned.  Plus it's nice to be able to drop your carry on bag near the door, as many others do.  Great place to spend while waiting for cabin to open.  Enjoy!  🙂 

Agree it's a nice place to wait for cabins to open and dropping bags.  Great that CK opens for lunch at noon.  

I wonder what the DL is like on HM -- on deck 4 and not large (don't know if they will have overflow).  

2 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Kathy -- so great that you were able to book a suite. Not only do you get a great stateroom with a wonderful bathroom and balcony, they also give you a lot of perks.  

As folks have posted, lunch is available for suite guests on embarkation day.  It opens at noon but the SL is available as soon as you board.  

We are on the ship on September 1 -- wish we were with you and Alex.  

Aren't Harry and Joyce on HM with you because I think they have 3 B2B2B cruises booked?  They disembark when we embark on 9-1-2019.  

We have 6 cruises booked on HM from 9-1-2019 through 4-11-2021 in JSs so we can have dinner in CK (and get 2 cruise credits per night).  We're too lazy to drive further than Port Canaveral.   And frankly, all I want to do is veg.  

Great to hear from you and yes, Harry and Joyce are on with us and they are also on several other cruises in August.  We are also on Dec 1&8. Would love to see you on another cruise.  We really like cruising out of Port Canaveral.  A much easier drive for us as well. This suite may really spoil us.  We had a JS on Oasis last December and enjoyed it. 

1 minute ago, Dett said:

Great to hear from you and yes, Harry and Joyce are on with us and they are also on several other cruises in August.  We are also on Dec 1&8. Would love to see you on another cruise.  We really like cruising out of Port Canaveral.  A much easier drive for us as well. This suite may really spoil us.  We had a JS on Oasis last December and enjoyed it. 

Kathy -- enjoy catching up with you too.  We've booked until ability to book stopped (after 4-2021).  After 9-1-2019, we sail on HM on 1-12, 4-19 & 12-6, 2020 and then 1-31 & 4-11-2019.  !2-6-2020 and 1-3-2020 go to St. Kitts where we haven't been.  

So glad you will be with Harry and Joyce.  Wish they would still be on HM when we embark.  We've been keeping up especially with concierge questions.  I'm still keeping up with the Current Concierge Google Doc with 2 silent partners.  Right now I have Checker in the SL until August but I don't have an exact date as to when he disembarks.  I don't know any of the Concierges although we sailed so often on OA that I got to know the whole team.  

3 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Kathy -- enjoy catching up with you too.  We've booked until ability to book stopped (after 4-2021).  After 9-1-2019, we sail on HM on 1-12, 4-19 & 12-6, 2020 and then 1-31 & 4-11-2019.  !2-6-2020 and 1-3-2020 go to St. Kitts where we haven't been.  

So glad you will be with Harry and Joyce.  Wish they would still be on HM when we embark.  We've been keeping up especially with concierge questions.  I'm still keeping up with the Current Concierge Google Doc with 2 silent partners.  Right now I have Checker in the SL until August but I don't have an exact date as to when he disembarks.  I don't know any of the Concierges although we sailed so often on OA that I got to know the whole team.  

We are doing Serenade for 21 days in January 2020.  We haven’t booked anything yet in December 2020 but might book Harmony so we might see you then.

Just now, Dett said:

We are doing Serenade for 21 days in January 2020.  We haven’t booked anything yet in December 2020 but might book Harmony so we might see you then.

It would be great to sail with you again!!  December 6, 2020 was a week that did an itinerary I liked and was also good around our commitments. 

16 hours ago, island lady said:

John...finish up your Allure 12/1 and hop on up to PC to join us on Harmony 12/8!  Would love to sail with you and Sandy again!  🙂 

Hi Pat, Thanks for the invitation. However 7 nights is our limit. Only once did we do more during a hurricane. 10 nights.

Hope to meet up with you and Bucky next year.

21 minutes ago, STANMELB said:

Hi Pat, Thanks for the invitation. However 7 nights is our limit. Only once did we do more during a hurricane. 10 nights.

Hope to meet up with you and Bucky next year.

Sorry we will miss you!  Will meet up on another cruise at some point I am sure!  "Hi" to Sandy for us!  🙂 

On 6/19/2019 at 9:43 PM, Andy C said:

We've sailed on Harmony 3x and found CK food to be mediocre on all 3 cruises.  Staff was excellent thought.  

I thought they made you curry dishes from scratch that were delicious? I’m guessing it was the regular menu items that you found mediocre.

On 6/21/2019 at 9:41 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Interesting. Never saw anything on HOTS or Symphony indicating it is/was VCL but that doesn’t mean there isn’t one. 

You think it might be cruisers who are accustomed to pre SL/CK Oasis/Allure, keeping the terminology alive?  (Similarities to CL/SL debate) 

I think if you look now there is no indication/signage of the VCL existing in the past on Oasis or Allure.  There most definitely is none on Symphony or Harmony. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think if you look now there is no indication/signage of the VCL existing in the past on Oasis or Allure.  There most definitely is none on Symphony or Harmony. 

A trusted source, Thank You. Some just can’t seem to give up the old ways and move on. I worked in IT for 30 years and Technology was constantly evolving. If you didn’t stay current, you would miss the train. We called them Dinosaurs and if you know your history, they soon became extinct.  

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

A trusted source, Thank You. Some just can’t seem to give up the old ways and move on. I worked in IT for 30 years and Technology was constantly evolving. If you didn’t stay current, you would miss the train. We called them Dinosaurs and if you know your history, they soon became extinct.  

I still call all tissue Kleenex. Does that make me a dinosaur?

Drinking the Kool Aid is technically Drinking the Flavor Aid. 😉

It's all semantics

30 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I still call all tissue Kleenex. Does that make me a dinosaur?

Drinking the Kool Aid is technically Drinking the Flavor Aid. 😉

It's all semantics

Move over...fellow dinosaur passing by.  😄   Me, I like the dinosaur age...much more simpler and refined.  😉 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, island lady said:

Sure...if that's what you are looking for. 😉  I will happily compare the money I have spent with Royal (booking no less than a JS, with many GS cabins) over the last 15 years with what you have spent on a few cruises in suites.  Then you can tell me if I have spent my "hard earned vacation money" as well.   

It will be a pleasure to welcome you into our exclusive club of NSPP. You have paid your dues over the years as we all have. Come join me for a drink in the SL followed by the parade to CK.

Just now, Retired LEO said:

It will be a pleasure to welcome you into our exclusive club of NSPP. You have paid your dues over the years as we all have. Come join me for a drink in the SL followed by the parade to CK.

Most definitely looking forward to it...thanks!!!   First round is on us!  🙂 

• Like 1

Just now, molly361 said:

Looks like dinner starts at 5:15 in CK.  Guess the march will be starting a bit earlier

Ah...that makes our usual favorite reservations at 6:30 that much more doable...though we have never had a problem with getting seated right on time.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Ah...that makes our usual favorite reservations at 6:30 that much more doable...though we have never had a problem with getting seated right on time.  

You weren't on the President's cruise 😉

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Really...  that’s wasn’t our experience. Never seated on time. P’s even took our table once. Typical wait was up to 45 minutes, not to mention no place to sit in the SL. 

• Like 1

I agree. We have eaten at the same time, 6:30 PM, on our last 26 Oasis Class cruises. Only a few times did we have to wait a few minutes to be seated. This was because we wanted near a window. We never arrived in the Suite Lounge before 5:30 PM and usually found seating at the bar. In the afternoon the Suite Lounge was never crowded.

30 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Really...  that’s wasn’t our experience. Never seated on time. P’s even took our table once. Typical wait was up to 45 minutes, not to mention no place to sit in the SL. 

We never had to wait for CK, we usually asked for a table at 7pm, and  saw the SL occasionally crowded but never fully occupied. 

• Like 2