VX port code in New Zealand and Australia

kwb101

Hello.

We'll be going to New Zealand and Australia in 2021, and the HAL website shows all ports for both countries with "VX" in the itinerary. Is this a reference to a visa requirement?

Thanks!

Who knows? Without a key there is no telling and it doesn't make sense, since US citizens don't need a visa to enter New Zealand.

HAL has the most screwed up website I have ever used, I avoid it.

Here's the information on the fees in NZD (New Zealand Dollars) from the NZ Government website: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/what-we-do/our-strategies-and-projects/eta-new-requirements

image.png.c9a74c58ceb83fb2f3488bd7da3681c2.png

So a total of NZD$44 to NZD$47 depending on how you apply which if converting to USD is roughly $30-$32

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Thanks for the info: I kinda figured "V" was for visa, but couldn't determine the"X" part. A search turned up two links with VX, neither of which actually contained that letter-pair.

45 minutes ago, whogo said:

Who knows? Without a key there is no telling and it doesn't make sense, since US citizens don't need a visa to enter New Zealand.

HAL has the most screwed up website I have ever used, I avoid it.

Indeed.  I think that perhaps VX stands for VeXing, which the site certainly has become since its reinvention as a glitzy but not-very-usable site,  I wonder how much business this site has cost them. 

4 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

While it is VeXing to not have a key explaining these abbreviations I can assure you that VX is their code for "Visa Required".  The new website has been and continues to be a shambles ......

I think it would have to improve to be a shambles: more like a train wreck now, to use a landlubber's term.