Drink package question

I drink by my DH doesn't really. I read an article that said if one person purchases the deluxe drinking package, anyone else in the cabin over 21 also has to purchase it. Is that accurate?

Are the drink packages ever offered at a discount?

Edited by kimmy624

9 minutes ago, kimmy624 said:

I drink by my DH doesn't really. I read an article that said if one person purchases the deluxe drinking package, anyone else in the cabin over 21 also has to purchase it. Is that accurate?

Yes, that is the rule on ROyal.  However, if you call to order, they will generally allow one person to get the Deluxe and others to get the Refreshment.

The package price varies all the time.  Check your Cruise Planner often.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kimmy624 said:

I believe the other person can get the non alcoholic package instead.

As for discounts our 20 October sailing has been discounted so I’ve just cancelled and rebooked at the lower price. Our second week of the B2B is still showing the higher price. Hopefully it will come down too.

7 minutes ago, cxvillar said:

I'm on the October 4th sailing and today is says $49 pp.  How much is it normally for a weekend cruise?

There's no "normal", the price varies widely and unpredictably.

If you are committed to the package, buy now and watch for a price drop.  If the price goes down you can cancel and re-order.

• Like 2

As stated, there is no normal price but $50/day seems to be what I've normally seen it at on most of my cruises, although I've heard of people seeing it at 54/day.  I just got a buy 1 get 1 half off deal so that brought it down to 47/day.  The half off deal definitely was not half off what it would have cost the day prior, I think if I did my math right based on the bogo pricing they are saying the drink package should cost 62/day.

20 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, that is the rule on ROyal.  However, if you call to order, they will generally allow one person to get the Deluxe and others to get the Refreshment.

The package price varies all the time.  Check your Cruise Planner often.

This has been true for all of our most recent cruises.

REMEMBER, to get one with and one without alcohol you MUST do it over the phone as the cruise planner will NOT allow it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rickshaw, Cabs & Taxis said:

There is a 30% sale on the drinks package at the minute until 25th June. We are booked on IOS end of July and I have just made a good saving on a 14 night sailing.  

Yes, but 30% off what? As earlier in the thread, the BOGOF didn't really compute.

14 hours ago, Rickshaw, Cabs & Taxis said:

There is a 30% sale on the drinks package at the minute until 25th June. We are booked on IOS end of July and I have just made a good saving on a 14 night sailing.  

Also realize, sales are ship and sailing specific.

So what is offered for your specific cruise, might not be offered for any other cruise.

On 6/18/2019 at 3:24 PM, cxvillar said:

I'm on the October 4th sailing and today is says $49 pp.  How much is it normally for a weekend cruise?

What ship? We are on Mariner that day and mine says 52 this morning.

I just called and purchased an alcohol package for myself, and the refreshment package (no alcohol) for the other 3 in my room, 2 of which are over 21. I was polite, called the RC number, told them my son just turned 21 and doesn't really drink and my wife doesn't either. I asked if there was a way I could purchase the alcohol package for me but get the refresher package for the others. They were extremely friendly and helpful. It could depend on who you get, when you call, the mood of the person you talk with, how polite you are, etc.

They did say they would check for me. Possibly they have flagged some cruisers that have been caught taking advantage of the system in the past? I've always followed the rules in my case. No sharing drinks with anyone else.

Serenade of the Seas was $47/day per person for alcohol package and $20/day per person for refresher package...today. It was more last week. Best price I've seen for a 7 day cruise.

Edited by gerway

Drink package on the Serenade of the Seas (Oct 13) was:

Deluxe Beverage Package (alcohol) $56/day  (said 20% off on board prices)

Refreshment Package (no alcohol) $26/day   (said 20% off on board prices)

Today:

Deluxe $47/day (said Buy One Get One 50% off) (also said on checkout 25% off each)

Refreshment $20/day (said 30% off on board prices)

Thanks for the quick response. I’m trying to figure out the break even number for the $47 cost.

Does anyone have recent drink and beer costs? I’m guessing its probably around 4-5 drinks and 5-7 beers per day to break even.

Thanks in advance

djp

2 minutes ago, dpal2208 said:

Thanks for the quick response. I’m trying to figure out the break even number for the $47 cost.

Does anyone have recent drink and beer costs? I’m guessing its probably around 4-5 drinks and 5-7 beers per day to break even.

Thanks in advance

djp

Beers run $6 to $8, plus 18%.

2 minutes ago, dpal2208 said:

Liquor. Drinks?

Basic well cocktails around $9.  Fancy (blender, frozen, upper shelf) cocktails around $12-$13.  Add 18% to all prices.