Corfu airport.

11 minutes ago, JollyMia said:

We got back on the 2nd August after hearing nightmare stories,had to que outside to begin with but soon got inside(organised chaos)but really not that bad

Thanks for the update,That’s reassuring.😉

keep well.

Landed there today from East Mids on the Friday 8.55am departure. 

Customs was a breeze (10 min) and the flight took exactly 3 hours. 

However... 

It took 50 minutes to get our cases off the conveyer as they had added 4 flights to the one tiny conveyer and most folk were still in passports so the same cases trundled round perpetually. 

Everything after that was smooth and efficient, including cases delivered to our cabin. 

Edited by Benpb
Autocorrect error

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 9:45 PM, Brummijam said:

Thanks 👍enjoy your trip.😉

we will be going out on the day of your return.😜

Unfortunatly due to a last minute health problem we have been advised not to carry on with this trip so I am sat here at home writing this instead of being sat in Birmingham airport departure lounge awaiting our flight. 🙁Very disappointing to say the least but health comes first.

looking through the brochure last night for a replacement trip for when I get the all clear.😉

Keep well people.

2 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Unfortunatly due to a last minute health problem we have been advised not to carry on with this trip so I am sat here at home writing this instead of being sat in Birmingham airport departure lounge awaiting our flight. 🙁Very disappointing to say the least but health comes first.

looking through the brochure last night for a replacement trip for when I get the all clear.😉

Keep well people.

Oh how disappointing for you, still your health is more important.  Hope all goes well for you and you can start planning again soon!

31 minutes ago, Vitalsign said:

So sorry you've had to forego your cruise but as they say 'health is wealth' so hope you get the all clear soon and can sail again - maybe even a last minute cheapy 👍

Thanks Vitalsign.

We are looking as we speak,  just hoping the insurance gods are going to be kind. Obviously we are disappointed but I am a believer that everything happens for a reason good or bad.

Keep well.

16 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Sorry to hear that,wish you a speedy recovery and maybe a less stressful airport to fly to on your next cruise.

Thanks Brian much appreciated.👍

Keep well.😉

Edited by Brummijam

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it's taken awhile to post since my return.

Unfortunately, i don't have good news, Corfu airport was as bad as ever.

The inward journey was ok, very busy as you would expect, but we didn't take too long to clear our bags and transfer to the coaches.

Coming back was the worst experience i have ever had in all the years i have been travelling.

• First problem - we had to queue outside for over an hour in 35 degrees
  • second problem - 50 minute wait once we were inside the terminal as the baggage conveyors were not working
  • third problem - another 40 minutes getting through security 
  • once we were through security, we were put on the plane immediately, no time for a drink or food or the shops.

TUI really need to monitor this as i personally know people who won't touch Corfu because of the airport.

Just in case you are yet to go on a cruise on the Discovery and you are worried by my comments, don't be............. this was one of the best cruises that i have been on, i loved the ship and staff, the food and atmosphere on board was terrific.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:55 PM, Tony1878 said:

Sorry it's taken awhile to post since my return.

Unfortunately, i don't have good news, Corfu airport was as bad as ever.

The inward journey was ok, very busy as you would expect, but we didn't take too long to clear our bags and transfer to the coaches.

Coming back was the worst experience i have ever had in all the years i have been travelling.

• First problem - we had to queue outside for over an hour in 35 degrees
  • second problem - 50 minute wait once we were inside the terminal as the baggage conveyors were not working
  • third problem - another 40 minutes getting through security 
  • once we were through security, we were put on the plane immediately, no time for a drink or food or the shops.

TUI really need to monitor this as i personally know people who won't touch Corfu because of the airport.

Just in case you are yet to go on a cruise on the Discovery and you are worried by my comments, don't be............. this was one of the best cruises that i have been on, i loved the ship and staff, the food and atmosphere on board was terrific.

The Med has been in the high 30s thru July and August,your story is disgusting that they didn't provide water at least.You wouldn't leave a dog out in that.Hopefully in Sept it will improve with the kids back at school etc.

15 minutes ago, Vitalsign said:

Water costs €3.50 from the seller by the outside queue - the same for soft drinks - for small bottles !!!

Where we are,we could buy 6 bottles of Peroni for that,lol.