Corfu airport.

48 minutes ago, Tizzy-Jo said:

Just what I was going to suggest.

Makes sense especially with a slipped disc,that must be agony.Our friend who had a hip replacement several months earlier,stayed with us and booked thru Ryanair.She had a bloke push her in a wheelchair,jumping the queues and allsorts.Her old man just followed behind,lol.All airlines arrange this,I don't think it costs a fortune.

I know that this might sound daft but asking for assistance just doesn’t sit well with me, knowing that everyone else has had to queue.🤔

We did the return cross Atlantic cruise recently and were fortunate to be able to book the premier seats for the flight to Barbados which was great but I felt awful walking past everyone else when we were called to board first.

Thats just how I am,🙄  I will just double up on the painkillers and vodka seeing as I am not driving.😜Thanks for the replies.

Keep well all.

2 hours ago, Brummijam said:

I know that this might sound daft but asking for assistance just doesn’t sit well with me, knowing that everyone else has had to queue.🤔

We did the return cross Atlantic cruise recently and were fortunate to be able to book the premier seats for the flight to Barbados which was great but I felt awful walking past everyone else when we were called to board first.

Thats just how I am,🙄  I will just double up on the painkillers and vodka seeing as I am not driving.😜Thanks for the replies.

Keep well all.

Fully understand your reasoning and probably a silly idea but how about taking a lightweight fishing stool could be better than the floor and you could still have the vodka hot or cold😇

15 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Fully understand your reasoning and probably a silly idea but how about taking a lightweight fishing stool could be better than the floor and you could still have the vodka hot or cold😇

15 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Hi PC thanks for your input, that idea had crossed my mind and I have seen a rucksack with a small A frame folding stool attached which may be the answer to my problem. We go in about four weeks time and that’s why I was asking about the airport situation so that I could come up with a plan. I have also seen a shooting stick type seat but I would probably end up on my arris using one of them, Pain killers,vodka and a stool looks like they may be the way forward.

Keep well. 😉😊

Not a a clue what happened with the above quotes.🤔

Edited by Brummijam
Speling

We did the Adriatic itinerary a few years back on the Majesty and we have no problem with doing it again it’s an absolutely stunning region. Believe it or not but we haven’t really touched on the Greek islands so we are looking forward to the second week as well,  This will be our first time on the Discovery and most reviews are positive so bring it on.😉

8 weeks will fly by👍

In all our cruises, lots, Corfu is the only port that we got very close to missing the ship, bus into town heavy rain all closed down no way back, fortunately found a very friendly taxi driver who risked it for us, big tip and very relieved it is a great town to visit on changeover day. Enjoy. 

Thanks Brian👍  But the damage has been done so it’s a case of managing it as well as I can.

PC we are looking forward to changeover day in Corfu the ship doesn’t leave until 11:00pm so plenty of time to explore also it’s a place that I haven’t seen yet.😊

I still think with some thought Marella could think of something that works better at

Corfu airport.

I'm sure on Ocean village ex Crete (Heraklion) you actually checked in on board the ship for the return.

16 hours ago, FIFE1 said:

I still think with some thought Marella could think of something that works better at

Corfu airport.

I'm sure on Ocean village ex Crete (Heraklion) you actually checked in on board the ship for the return.

Hi Fife1.

It seems to me that Marella are not the best at organising this type of thing, similar  chaos is happening at Naples airport at the moment according to other posts on this forum.

I think it’s a case of “once your off the ship it’s not our problem”

Keep well👍

I think they do their best.The reps are all around.The size and infrastructure are against them.I don't think there are alternatives in these 2 areas,combining port and air facilities.Especially Corfu being central for Adriatic and Greek b2bs.

I agree Brian1 TUI/Marella flight and cruise is a total package holiday and it is not 'a case of off the ship its not our problem' as we were warned in our disembark info of the problems at the airport and there were plenty of TUI reps there to help Once the extended airport is completed (which TUI are helping to fund) things will be much better Naples is another matter!! 

Hi Brian.

If it wasn't for the fact that tui flights are included in the package I would use another carrier. The aircraft used for short haul are mostly old and are pretty uncomfortable. I don't know what its like where you fly from but in Birmingham if there are delays you can guarantee it will be Tui flights. I can't remember the last time we caught one that departed on time.

I have used Jet2 a few times and Tui could learn a lot off them regarding customer service, when you arrive at the bag drop they have reps waiting to assist and they all have a smile.  From what I have read about Corfu airport there is a lack of info being passed to the passengers which must make a difficult time more frustrating. Tui must know how congested the airport is so why don't they get a few more reps to help the less able and older customers?  (I am not referring to me, I can look after myself 😂😂)

Keep well.

Edited by Brummijam
spulling

Hi,we use Ryanair from Stansted.It's like business class compared to the Tui flight we had to Corfu with no legroom whatsoever.Stansted is getting bad now with flights they are cramming thru there.Naples being a mainland international airport and Italian,they don't care about the likes of Tui.Who needs extra income,lol,that's why the country is almost bankrupt.

1 hour ago, Brummijam said:

Hi Brian.

If it wasn't for the fact that tui flights are included in the package I would use another carrier. The aircraft used for short haul are mostly old and are pretty uncomfortable. I don't know what its like where you fly from but in Birmingham if there are delays you can guarantee it will be Tui flights. I can't remember the last time we caught one that departed on time.

I have used Jet2 a few times and Tui could learn a lot off them regarding customer service, when you arrive at the bag drop they have reps waiting to assist and they all have a smile.  From what I have read about Corfu airport there is a lack of info being passed to the passengers which must make a difficult time more frustrating. Tui must know how congested the airport is so why don't they get a few more reps to help the less able and older customers?  (I am not referring to me, I can look after myself 😂😂)

Keep well.

I've used Jet 2 from Manchester about 4 x times in the last couple of years and have to say, i am really impressed.

Good legroom, on time and the staff at the airports are excellent.

The problem is just too many flights for a small airport, we use Manchester which is a much bigger airport, but still just as chaotic as Corfu. It would be a very clever and rich person who could solve any airports problems and they remain profitable.

1 hour ago, ormy said:

The problem is just too many flights for a small airport, we use Manchester which is a much bigger airport, but still just as chaotic as Corfu. It would be a very clever and rich person who could solve any airports problems and they remain profitable.

It just seems strange that Tui use such a small airport for loading and unloading cruise passengers. Looking on the flightradar app there are at least eight Tui flights from the uk and back out every Friday and then there is the normal Corfu traffic as well

Hi. I don’t know if this is coming too late but I just got back a couple of weeks ago from doing the Aegean shores cruise on discovery. It was actually no problem at all. Going out I landed at just after 11am and was in my cabin by 12.30! I was expecting a nightmare returning home but there were no issues at all really. Short check in queues and enough in the way of shops etc to get by. There was a long queue through security but it moved fairly quickly. The worst bit of the experience was waiting in the baggage hall at Gatwick for over an hour until the bags appeared!

13 hours ago, Cruiseaway21 said:

Hi. I don’t know if this is coming too late but I just got back a couple of weeks ago from doing the Aegean shores cruise on discovery. It was actually no problem at all. Going out I landed at just after 11am and was in my cabin by 12.30! I was expecting a nightmare returning home but there were no issues at all really. Short check in queues and enough in the way of shops etc to get by. There was a long queue through security but it moved fairly quickly. The worst bit of the experience was waiting in the baggage hall at Gatwick for over an hour until the bags appeared!

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

just hoping it stays like this for a few weeks.😉

Keep well.