Park & cruise hotels - Vancouver, BC

12grandkids

I am wondering if there are any park and cruise (or park and fly) hotels in Vancouver.  We will be driving up the day before and would like to leave our car at a hotel rather than cruise port or airport.  We have found this to be less expensive when flying out of Portland and hoped to find the same in Vancouver.

Yup, we have a few, mostly around the airport. If you're looking to minimise costs then the cheapest deals are probably still at the Accent Inn chain - they have one close to YVR and another just east of Vancouver in Burnaby that I believe both do extended parking deals for up to 2 weeks. The YVR one has better transportation options though - the Canada Line works with luggage, whereas the Expo line which goes relatively near the Burnaby location does not (there's no luggage space at all in these carriages, and even if you travel offpeak it remains against Bylaws to put bags on seats or in aisles, though enforcement risk is low as there are no drivers).

I'm not sure if anyone downtown offers this any more - parking is way more expensive than Portland due to all the water around Vancouver, land prices have been ballooning for years so even on-site hotel parking isn't guaranteed, let alone an extended period of your car taking a spot with you not actually in the hotel. The Coast Plaza was the last hotel I knew definitely offering it, and they closed a couple of years back.