Island Marketing Private Boat Snorkel & Fish

OSUZorba

I have been researching snorkeling in Costa Maya and found a private boat excursion with Island Marketing. It looks good based on their website, but I haven't been able to find much else about it. I was wondering if any one had any experience with it and could compare it to places like Doctor Dive's snorkeling?

https://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/excursion/costa-maya-snorkeling-fishing-beaches-excursion/

TIA

Hard to tell from the pictures, but the description of the beach meet up point could be Almaplena.

However, I see jet skis in the pictures and those are offered at several places along the malecon, including Pez Quadro and Tequila Beach.  So they may not venture out as far as they say.   Dr Dive, Mahahual Divers, and Dreamtime also offer snorkeling and their diving boats do go out past the breakwater reef.

Keep in mind that Island Marketing is an excursion broker, not an excursion operator. Meaning they're just a middle man and will set you up with a local operator for whatever activity it is you want to do. You won't be able to get true reviews on the operator or know exactly what all they will offer you beyond what Island Marketing states on their site. 

5 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

Keep in mind that Island Marketing is an excursion broker, not an excursion operator. Meaning they're just a middle man and will set you up with a local operator for whatever activity it is you want to do. You won't be able to get true reviews on the operator or know exactly what all they will offer you beyond what Island Marketing states on their site. 

Yeah, I know, but generally the brokers send you to the same people every time so if someone had booked this excursion through them before their experience would be relevant.

I won’t ever book with Island Marketing again. We had an excursion booked in grand cayman with them and then they cancelled it saying the catamaran was out in dry dock when we had it booked. We saw the operator when we got to the port and guess what? Nothing was wrong with the boat. We ended up booking the excursion with someone else but they lied to us.