CHANGE GUARANTEE CABIN AFTER ASSIGNMENT?

gadaboutgal

Has anyone had experience in changing their guarantee stateroom after the room has been assigned?

Just wondering as Royal Caribbean permits a change as long as it is in the same category as the one finally assigned.

After being assigned a balcony cabin 6 mos. in advance in an undesirable location, I was told by my TA (not NCL) that NCL would not change it, so I upgraded to a guar. mini suite for $100. PP.  steve

If you do your homework and find a cabin number you would prefer at the same level, then if the right person takes the call, they will permit the change.  If an upgrade isn't much more, that will most likely be a better option, unless you also cannot choose that one.  I would have all of the possible outcomes researched before the call is made.

I did this for my recent TA on The Epic.  I had a balcony guarantee and they gave me one of those enclosed balconies which I detest.  I paid $200 to upgrade to a cabin that had a normal balcony but then come to find out that it was on deck 8 which meant that the life boats were right below you.  At this point the mini suites were cheaper than what I paid for the balcony so they upgraded me for free to a mini suite.

I had been assigned a IG inside on a GTY rate, the prices dropped and I called and asked if I could get a complimentary upgrade.  They did, no charge and we got a porthole window cabin.  No as good as we'd hoped but it was a good cabin.

We had an Inside GTY on a cruise out of Venice a few years back & the price dropped like a rock at one point.  TG we hadn't been assigned a cabin number yet so our PCC was able to get us into a balcony for the same price!