Ok just for fun who walks around the ship in a bathrobe?

sunsetme

I have seen it on elevators, going to the pool, spa , etc. would you do this?

Once my key was in a bathrobe in the spa, someone took it by mistake, I had to go

to the desk on a formal night to get a new key, that was embarrassing.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jdechter said:

I have seen it on elevators, going to the pool, spa , etc. would you do this?

Once my key was in a bathrobe in the spa, someone took it by mistake, I had to go

to the desk on a formal night to get a new key, that was embarrassing.

does that mean you wore your bathrobe around the ship?

Hmm. Ship issued bathrobes or one of your own?  My experience with ship robes has been that they will fit a average nine year old.  Wearing one around the ship would leave too much of me exposed and probably would cause ship security to declare me a hazard to the eye sight of all in my area.  😂

Bob

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, clo said:

As far as going to the pool, I'd think the ship's robe would be the appropriate thing, as long as you go straight there and straight back.  Yes?

No. Bring a swimsuit cover up. Bathrobes belong, well, in the bathroom. 

• Like 8

I don't mind.  Personally, I've worn one from my cabin down to the spa and once I ran down to grab a coffee.   I've been to many high-end resorts on land where the bathrobe thing is not an issue at all, even places like Waldorf Astoria, St. Regis, Montage, Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons Mauna Kea, Mauna Lani resorts.  Even in my current hotel you will see people coming to the lobby in robes.  

If you prefer, I'll bring my silk kimono robe to wear instead of the ship-provided one.  Looks very stylish.  But, it's still a robe...

1 minute ago, gerif said:

Whatever you say.  I hate the sun so never go to any pools 🙂

1 minute ago, gerif said:

Remember, people go bathing and wear bathing suits,  bathrobes were historically worn to cover when going bathing...

• Like 6

1 minute ago, clo said:

Am probably far more 'revealing' than a terry cloth robe.  LOL.

Down to my knees, so probably not more revealing... 😉

I've some women wearing dresses to dinner on "gala" night that look suspiciously like my robe!!!  I'll add grandma's pearls and be right there!!!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Never. We have the stateroom attendant remove them on Celebrity and never ask for them on RC. 

Why have them removed?  Just so they can store them and not have to re-wash?  I don't ever use hotel/ships robes.  I stay too hot 🙂

16 minutes ago, clo said:

Why have them removed?  Just so they can store them and not have to re-wash?  I don't ever use hotel/ships robes.  I stay too hot 🙂

We always cruise for at least two weeks at a time and want the extra space in the tiny closet for our own clothing. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, gerif said:

Actually, they don’t just belong in the bathroom.  At any high end hotel which has spa facilities, it is common to wear a (provided) robe between your room and the spa, pool, or any other facility which does not usually entail being fully clothed.

It is interesting to see all the posts by people who seem to be upset at what is actually well accepted, fairly civilized, custom.  Especially when you consider the truly amazing things people do wear around the ship without generating comment.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

A man came to the Passenger Talent Show (in the Queen’s  Ball Room) in a Cunard dressing gown. No, he wasn’t just passing through. He stayed for the duration. We chose to believe he must have been at the pool and forgot that a loved one was performing, so he was rushed. 

Edited by Tonopah

Never wear them at all - put them away on top shelf of closet or have the room steward take them away.   I really don't care if people wear them on their way to the pool or spa, but have to laugh and wonder about people  who wear them to the buffet at breakfast (have also seen them mid-afternoon), often completing the outfit with hair curlers as accessories.    

25 minutes ago, Kartgv said:

Never wear them at all - put them away on top shelf of closet or have the room steward take them away.   I really don't care if people wear them on their way to the pool or spa, but have to laugh and wonder about people  who wear them to the buffet at breakfast (have also seen them mid-afternoon), often completing the outfit with hair curlers as accessories.    

People wear hair curlers?????  Haven't seen those in at least 40-50 years.  Wow.

32 minutes ago, WatchHill said:

At a CC get-together on Princess, one passenger showed up in his robe....and didn't bother to use the tie - he had NOTHING on underneath the robe!

Darcy

Oh my.

1 hour ago, pris993 said:

only those who are clueless.

Well, that's rather rude...

Maybe it's an American-centric thing.  Kind of like the hatred of men's brief bathing trunks (aka "speedos") where it's the norm in other parts of the world.

• Like 3