Club Orange on Zuiderdam?

I don't think it was on our TA cruise in April/May.  The "America's Test Kitchen" was in the lounge that was BB King's at night.  There is not a dedicated space for ATK on Zuiderdam, which is the space they use on Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam for CO meals.

I believe that Club Orange is currently only available on the Nieuw Statendam and Koningsdam as they are the only 2 ships with a space that can be dedicated to it.  All others share the Queen's Lounge with ATK and BB Kings and other programs.  NS and K'dam have the dining area just forward of the MDR starboard side on deck 2 that is dedicated to Club Orange.

Edited by 0bnxshs

12 hours ago, Cruise4food said:

This PDF from HAL lists all the dining and entertainment venues per ship. As advised in this thread, only Pinnacle class ships have Club Orange dining.

HAL Ships at a Glance Chart

It has been reported that Club Orange has now been rolled out to at least one of the Vista-class ships... the Oosterdam.  It will be interesting to hear how it is handled.

3 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

It has been reported that Club Orange has now been rolled out to at least one of the Vista-class ships... the Oosterdam.  It will be interesting to hear how it is handled.

The HAL website can have old data, as we saw with the recent removal of self-service laundries. I just made a Zuiderdam booking for Dec, so if Club Orange appears as an option then we will know. 

It is breakfast and dinner only and the HAL news release states that on ships other than the two newest, a portion of the main dining room will be set aside for CO guests. There is no mention of any strutural seperation, so there probably won't be any change in the ship's layout PDF. If they are consistent, Pinnacle Grill will closed to Suite guests for breakfast. 

4 hours ago, Cruise4food said:

The HAL website can have old data, as we saw with the recent removal of self-service laundries. I just made a Zuiderdam booking for Dec, so if Club Orange appears as an option then we will know. 

Zuiderdam is due for drydock in December.  Not sure if that will have an impact or not.

If it’s going to have Club Orange, then I see little benefit to the Neptune Suite other than the real estate 😞   Especially if breakfast  is going to be in the MDR instead of the PG.

One of the things I did enjoy was the relaxing breakfast in the PG.  

• Like 2

Leaving today for Rome (Civitavecchia) sailing on the Koningsdam June 24.  Yesterday we received an ‘offer’ for Club Orange, cost was $35 per person per day and no, not interested in taking them up on what I see as a money grab.  At nearly $1000 more for our cruise I don’t see the benefit of it, we have the cabin we originally booked and selected, drink package included so No.  

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

I am on the Zuiderdam next week and was offered Club Orange for that sailing. 

Good to know.  Thanks 🙂

Please let us know if you observe anything you can share with us regarding CO.  (Ie, separate area in dining room / interspersed among other passengers, special line up in embarkation port).  thanks so much if you don’t mind 😄 

16 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Club Orange will be available  on the Zuiderdam starting with the next cruise which will leave NYC on the 27th.Sorry, no more details. 

Thanks kindly for checking and reporting back.  Very kind of you while you are cruising 🙂 

There doesn't  appear to be a definitive answer to my question: will the PG still serve breakfast to NS guests on non Pinnacle ships  when CO is rolled out to all ships? Club Orange  is definitely being rolled out on all ships by October according to Holland, but only the Pinnacle ships have seperate space for it.  I can understand CO appealing to some passengers but certainly not to NS guests.  Does Holland really think we'll be happy eating in the MDR for breakfast rather than the PG?  Eating in the MDR has always been and option for breakfast, for all passengers.  So they designate a separate area, use PG menus, and maybe even use the servers from the PG.  Not the same at all.

20 minutes ago, twentyknots said:

will the PG still serve breakfast to NS guests on non Pinnacle ships  

The question has been asked before and yes, NS will have breakfast in the PG on non Pinnacle ships.

On the Pinnacle ships it is in the CO for NS passengers.

It’s clearly stated on the HAL website under Club Orange (I believe that’s where I found the link that I have posted previously).