Celebrity LBGTQ now completly Friendly

Mr&MrsBee

17 minutes ago, Mr&MrsBee said:

Just received this above notice.  In the past was Celebrity only partially friendly?    Was there an area where LBGTQ were not welcome? 

I'd like to think that in 2019 all pax and staff onboard were friendly towards LGBT people. There's no room for Troglodytes in this day and age. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We know it bothers OP that X caters to the LGBTQ+ crowd in their advertisements based on past remarks. 

Those who are not gay will never understand the feeling of being invited on a family vacation and having to politely decline because of a real concern for your safety based on the destination due solely to your sexual orientation.  For many of us, cruise lines being open & accepting to their gay customers has been a real godsend.  Even if a port of call has issues, you can at least count on a safe environment on the ship.

Beyond that, there are many areas of the world in which being perceived as gay can put you in just as much danger.  Until homophobia, whether via outright hostility or the type the OP peddles, is erased, anyone is at risk.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr&MrsBee said:

Just received this above notice.  In the past was Celebrity only partially friendly?    Was there an area where LBGTQ were not welcome? 

Not sure what you are seeing

It is "pride" month so lots of pandering by marketing schemes likely --PLenty of other cruise lines putting rainbow flags on their logos for the month etc

Celebrity has always been inclusive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bEwAbG said:

Until homophobia, whether via outright hostility or the type the OP peddles, is erased, anyone is at risk.

Huh? Did I miss something? I just thought that the OP asked a simple question.😕 BTW -- it's one that I might have asked, as well. We have cruised on X for nearly 10 years. In fact, several of those cruises have been with gay friends, whose preferential cruise line is X. I've never heard a complaint from them, or anyone else, about ANY negative treatment of the LGBTQ community -- by anyone associated with Celebrity. Granted, some of the ports that X cruises to are less than welcoming -- but, most passengers who would be affected know where those are.

1 hour ago, bEwAbG said:

Just part of a pattern of harping on the issue over many threads.  Those comments are often deleted because they're off topic & derail threads to which they're posted.  The context is always "Celebrity [or LLP] is catering to gay people to the detriment of the cruise line", i.e., stay in the closet and shut up about it.

2 minutes ago, StolidCruiser said:

Oh, the irony.  I literally laughed out loud.  Thanks for one of the best retorts I've read in a very long time.  :classic_biggrin:

Thanks.  I'm glad I could brighten your day.  It was easy to find.  I hope OP likes it.

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I hope OP likes it.

I think that's probably the thrust of the issue.  Either Mrs Bee notices that Mr Bee comes alive at the sight of such imagery or Mr Bee is putting on a show for the benefit of Mrs.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Oh, i understand now.  I went back to their posting history, where i also found that they said they are done with cruising on Celebrity,  and yet, here they are on this board?

It's interesting that on April 1, they state "looks like no more Celebrity for us after 10 years".  Then on April 20, in a  roll call thread for a cruise December 13, 2019, they state "Guess its time to jump in again.".

There are a plethora of other posts finding issue with the direction and management of the Celebrity line - mostly due to a supposed "catering to special interest groups".

Apparently, those issues aren't significant enough to actually stay true to your word when you say "I'm done".  Must sound great to say at the time (because that's how people know you're serious, gosh darn it!) but it comes back to haunt you when your next gripe come up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmmmm, I didn't realize that X hosted a big fleet-wide Pride Party celebration in June each year. Interesting.

The same as I wouldn't be thrilled to be on a cruise with a huge group of realtors, or some other special interest group, I'm not too keen about being on a cruise where there are big, group-focused LGBT parades and parties. We're cruising 2 weeks in June 2020. Guess we'll just have to watch to see when that year's annual Pride Party at Sea is planned, and make reservations for specialty dining or something else suitably quiet to avoid the party atmosphere.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

they are done with cruising on Celebrity,  and yet, here they are on this board?

To be fair I think that applies to 10% or even more of the regular posters! 😂

• Like 1

In that case, nor does Christmas need to be celebrated among others who have different lifestyles, beliefs and opinions ???

and what about drunken New Years Celebrations, when not everyone celebrates the new year on the same day.

Edited by WestLakeGirl
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, DebInAntigua said:

The same as I wouldn't be thrilled to be on a cruise with a huge group of realtors, or some other special interest group, I'm not too keen about being on a cruise where there are big, group-focused LGBT parades and parties. We're cruising 2 weeks in June 2020. Guess we'll just have to watch to see when that year's annual Pride Party at Sea is planned, and make reservations for specialty dining or something else suitably quiet to avoid the party atmosphere.

OK -- I have been on an X sailing, with a large group of Pied-Piper cruisers. Had I not been told by a friend (who was part of the group), I would never have guessed. I had noticed that it was almost impossible to get a seat at the Martini Bar, and there seemed to be a lot of good-looking, impeccably dressed men onboard -- but that was it. No raucous parties, no parades -- absolutely nothing to make any other passengers uncomfortable. My advice: if you find that there is a parade, or any other public event that you don't want to participate in -- just don't go.

Edited by wwcruisers
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I couldn’t care less but and on the other hand, why do you think people should be keen on any LGBT parades aboard?  Debinantigu’s comment was not inappropriate  and has every right to her opinion. In fact, I would bet that the majority of non LGBT passengers would not want to be  on a ship with parades and parties of this type. I have zero issues with gay people or gay cruisers but it seems to me any more that those who are spend more time forcing or suggesting others accept it now-a-days then those who are against it spend resisting it. There are many people that don’t like or accept that lifestyle no matter what,  maybe the OP, and that includes when they are on a cruise. Again, I couldn’t care less but others don’t feel that way and feel it doesn’t need to be celebrated around others. 

You seem open minded. Are you worried that someone's glitter might fall on you, and then people will think you are one of them?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, DebInAntigua said:

Absolutely. I dislike loud parties and crowds, and especially drunks.

Deb..

You have a right to your position...we dislike  cruising with any large groups including corporate outings, dancing groups, religious groups,  large community groups, reunions, cooking  celebrity cruises  etc,   They take over venues, get preferred   dining times, etc  Those not with the group are pretty much  left out and have a diminished experience as staff, entertainers etc, cater to  members of the big group. 

We try to avoid  cruises with big groups if we can as well as spring breakers and school vacations   We also dislike crowds, loud parties and drunks.. reasons we enjoy cruising on X!

No idea what's with Mrs Bee...but do not follow her posts and have no interest in them ????

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1