Celebrity LBGTQ now completly Friendly

Mr&MrsBee

On 6/20/2019 at 5:47 PM, zitsky said:

Oh I am sure you are right that most people don't care.  But I am not responding to those "most people".  I am responding to those few people that seem to have a problem.  But yes, what's the point of arguing about it.

No I have not sailed on Celebrity *yet*.  I've only been in a few very helpful threads but this one caught my eye.

You will find on X that most people are not like the OP and a few others on this thread. Just go and enjoy yourself and ignore other noise. Celebrity knows which customers have the disposable income.😉  Also ignore the ones who call it a lifestyle. They only know what they see/hear on a certain news channel. 😉

• Like 2

It’s always amusing to read posts from people who start out with “I don’t have a problem with gay people” and then watch them go on for post after post in the defensive position against those speaking out against bigotry...

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2019 at 4:22 AM, florisdekort said:

That’s a gross generalisation.  Age has nothing to do with narrow mindedness.  And age also isn’t an excuse for it either.  

Lots more links I could have added, but some scientific studies appear to disagree with you. Due to changes in brain function as we age some people do become more bigoted. Still, younger people have no excuse.  :- 

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-are-older-people-racist-2018-7?r=US&IR=T

https://qz.com/983016/the-data-are-in-young-people-are-definitely-less-racist-than-old-people/

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/1/12051622/brexit-vote-age-gap-aging-science-psychology

https://bigthink.com/robby-berman/wait-is-grandma-a-racist

Maybe the OP is aged 104?

Edited by Mynki

On 6/20/2019 at 8:28 AM, Mynki said:

I'd like to think that in 2019 all pax and staff onboard were friendly towards LGBT people. There's no room for Troglodytes in this day and age. 

My wife and I( same sex couple) have taken 4 X cruises and we've always been treated amazingly well.  We're always in AQ, the two twins are always pushed together with out us having to ask.  Maybe that has to do with our names, Randi and Julie.  Everyone always assumes Randi( me) is male.  We also have the same last name.  We hold hands when we walk, we've lightly kissed( we're not making out or anything), we don't hide our relationship at all.  We usually celebrate our anniversary on board.  We're always given a special card, dessert etc.    

• Like 5

On 6/20/2019 at 12:32 PM, zitsky said:

I assume you avoid crowds of heterosexuals, especially when they have been drinking?  

Personally, my wife and I( same sex couple) avoid any large, loud, drunk ass group( gay or straight).  This is one of the reasons we like X.  Its more low key. 

• Like 4

Lots of love for Celebrity on this thread.  Nice to see.  I'm trying to book a Celebrity Caribbean cruise... that is if I can find some flights in December that won't be impacted by winter weather.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously people? Sad to see that some (pathetic) Celebrity cruisers want to "avoid those people" in 2019. Go to another cruise line! 

Last June, the "parade" was a handful of the entertainment staff walking around the pool deck passing out rainbow flags. The party was the DJ playing 70s dance music while a few dozen older straight people danced and a couple of the ship's dancers dressed as sailors rolled a girl in a bubble into the pool (ie. Same as the silent dance party in the solarium). Lasted maybe 90 minutes. Oh the horror! The handful of us who are gay just stood around watching and chatting. No drunkenness, nudity, orgies. 

I've been more surprised by lifestyles of straight people that I've met on cruises over the years. Fetishism, (many) swingers, public intoxication, etc. Maybe I should avoid straights. 

Edited by Paulras
  • Like 4

On 6/21/2019 at 2:49 PM, bikerunner said:

..... I have no issues with anyones lifestyle/political/views except when they push it in front of me and make that a point of who they are and do look at me now attitude to me.  Then I will push back.  ...... 

What do you mean by this? Holding hands, kissing - is that pushing it in front of you?

Re the OP's original comment - Are they fitting Gender Neutral toilets on the ships yet? If not I think this is something they should consider, certainly on new builds.  We wound't dream of building or refurbishing offices without putting them in these days. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paulras said:

Seriously people? Sad to see that some (pathetic) Celebrity cruisers want to "avoid those people" in 2019. Go to another cruise line! 

Last June, the "parade" was a handful of the entertainment staff walking around the pool deck passing out rainbow flags. The party was the DJ playing 70s dance music while a few dozen older straight people danced and a couple of the ship's dancers dressed as sailors rolled a girl in a bubble into the pool (ie. Same as the silent dance party in the solarium). Lasted maybe 90 minutes. Oh the horror! The handful of us who are gay just stood around watching and chatting. No drunkenness, nudity, orgies. 

I've been more surprised by lifestyles of straight people that I've met on cruises over the years. Fetishism, (many) swingers, public intoxication, etc. Maybe I should avoid straights. 

I'm disgusted by this fake news.  Everyone knows that the gays are constantly having orgies.

/kidding

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

My husband and I have cruised with Celebrity 10-12 times, other lines for a total of 70+ and we have been to over 140 countries by ocean cruising, land tours and river cruises.  Never have we had a problem with fellow travelers or staff.  We have been together 38 years, legally married for 4 of those years.  If one goes looking for trouble, then trouble will be found.   We mind our business and do not flaunt the fact that we are a couple.  .  That being said, like others who have posted on this thread, we would not enjoy traveling with any 'special' group.  Not because we dislike them, but because it can make you feel left out.  If we did find ourselves in that situation we would make every effort to join in all activities that we wanted to...........................👨‍❤️‍👨  ❤️

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DYKWIA said:

What do you mean by this? Holding hands, kissing - is that pushing it in front of you?

Re the OP's original comment - Are they fitting Gender Neutral toilets on the ships yet? If not I think this is something they should consider, certainly on new builds.  We wound't dream of building or refurbishing offices without putting them in these days. 

He/she just means that if they know someone is gay, he/she hates them. That's all

33 minutes ago, Paulras said:

He/she just means that if they know someone is gay, he/she hates them. That's all

And hence the problem with many.  They make totally false presumptions without asking go straight to hostility.   Pointless to try to explain since you already made up your mind.  Best. 

5 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

And hence the problem with many.  They make totally false presumptions without asking go straight to hostility.   Pointless to try to explain since you already made up your mind.  Best. 

You're welcome to explain what someone pushing their lifestyle on you means. 

20 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I was merely asking what some people do for you to feel they are "pushing it in front of you" that you object to and in what  way is that different to what my wife and I might do?

Edited by DYKWIA

13 hours ago, DYKWIA said:

I was merely asking what some people do for you to feel they are "pushing it in front of you" that you object to and in what  way is that different to what my wife and I might do?

You won't get an answer to that question...

Seems like quite a few intolerant people in this thread. I don't care for any segregation of groups, and not a fan of PRIDE events or supposedly LGBTQRSTUV friendly events. For many religions homosexuality is a sin so it is equivalent to having an event with only adulterers or liars allowed.

That doesn't mean they are intolerant...and I would also be offended if I paid money for a cruise and they had a special event with the captain just for men, or married couples, etc. IMHO political objectives shouldn't be pushed on this forum or on a cruise line.

I frankly don't care what any religion says.  The twists in logic it takes to single out individual things as "sin" are mind-boggling, to be polite.  If it bothers you so much, then stay home.  That way none of us have to hear about it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mdpa said:

Seems like quite a few intolerant people in this thread. I don't care for any segregation of groups, and not a fan of PRIDE events or supposedly LGBTQRSTUV friendly events. For many religions homosexuality is a sin so it is equivalent to having an event with only adulterers or liars allowed.

That doesn't mean they are intolerant...and I would also be offended if I paid money for a cruise and they had a special event with the captain just for men, or married couples, etc. IMHO political objectives shouldn't be pushed on this forum or on a cruise line.

What is your specific problem with LGBTQ events?  Intolerance of intolerance is not a sin.  

1 hour ago, mdpa said:

And about half of the world's population follow a religion that doesn't allow pork to be eaten but you don't see people walking out of the dining room when there's bacon on the breakfast menu. 

Edited by Paulras

16 minutes ago, Paulras said:

And about half of the world's population follow a religion that doesn't allow pork to be eaten but you don't see people walking out of the dining room when there's bacon on the breakfast menu. 

OMG!  The cruise line is so intolerant of my religion by allowing people to eat pork.  Let's start a boycott!

32 minutes ago, Paulras said:

And LGBTQX contains the letters, BLT. Coincidence? 😀

On 7/4/2019 at 7:36 AM, Paulras said:

Fetishism, (many) swingers, public intoxication, etc. Maybe I should avoid straights

Nailed it! We always avoid the publicly intoxicated swingers with fetishes. They’re one cRaZy bunch of straights.