Celebrity LBGTQ now completly Friendly

Mr&MrsBee

27 minutes ago, zitsky said:

...Are you worried that someone's glitter might fall on you...?

Have you ever tried to get rid of glitter? It gets EVERYWHERE and you will find it in the most - ahem, unusual - places for weeks.

LOL

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, zitsky said:

You seem open minded. Are you worried that someone's glitter might fall on you, and then people will think you are one of them?

I'm not worried about anything, but you certainly are. You seem to forget that Celebrity caters to an older clientele. This generation of people are not as open and accepting of alternative lifestyles and maybe don't want to be around a celebration of the lifestyle on board a cruise. Yet here you solidifying my prior comment about making an effort to push your acceptance where it isn't needed. You seem to feel the need to draw attention to yourself.

BTW, here:  "I wouldn't do a gay cruise, ads always show shirtless hunks and I am not like that. Maybe people are standoffish because they feel threatened having a stranger talk to their spouse/partner." That's your quote, it's ok for you to say it but then you want to go after other posters for suggesting they would prefer to avoid it ...... Hypocrite...........  Nuff' said. 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I'm not worried about anything, but you certainly are. You seem to forget that Celebrity caters to an older clientele. This generation of people are not as open and accepting of alternative lifestyles and maybe don't want to be around a celebration of the lifestyle on board a cruise. Yet here you solidifying my prior comment about making an effort to push your acceptance where it isn't needed. You seem to feel the need to draw attention to yourself.

BTW, here:  "I wouldn't do a gay cruise, ads always show shirtless hunks and I am not like that. Maybe people are standoffish because they feel threatened having a stranger talk to their spouse/partner." That's your quote, it's ok for you to say it but then you want to go after other posters for suggesting they would prefer to avoid it ...... Hypocrite...........  Nuff' said. 

I understand now.  Thanks for the quote.  You're worried someone will make a pass at you, or proposition you.  It's not that common so don't worry about it.

And plenty of older folks are accepting of different lifestyles. 

• Like 2

Let's not mix up the issues here.  One poster is essentially saying "how dare Celebrity let people know they are open & inclusive" and the other is expressing an opinion about not liking to sail with groups (a position I agree with, btw, but it's not the objection OP is raising).  They're not remotely the same.

• Thanks 1

There seem to be two different issues here.  When it comes to cruising on a ship with ANY large group, DW and I prefer to look elsewhere...assuming we are able to discover that a specific cruise is scheduled to have a large group.  But LGBTQ+ has nothing to do with it as a large group (whether loud or quiet) can represent just about anything from Smooth Jazz, old TV shows, religious groups, political groups, etc.  We prefer to avoid them all for some of the reasons cited...in that a large group often takes over certain public venues and deprived others from their use.

As to LGBTQ+, we think this is about the attitude of the individual passengers.  On any cruise ship you are likely to have those who are very LGBTQ+ friendly (we fall into that category) and the other extreme that have issues tolerating anyone who might think, look, or act different then themselves.  We have seen both types of folks on just about every cruise on every line.  Cruise ships are just like small cities with all the various types of folks.

Hank

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I’m reaching (reached!) the geezer age and take offense at being labeled the ‘older clientele ‘ that aren’t as open and accepting. Bigots are every age. 

How can a party or a parade, whatever that is on a cruise ship except one of those dumb conga-lines, be offensive or forcing some lifestyle or view on others?  

Just another excuse of telling people to go back into the closet. I’ve participated in Vets parades, Pride Parades, and Me2 demonstrations. It’s called being part of an accepting community, not a special interest group. 

This is isn’t a thread about not wanting to be on a cruise ship with 1000+ Realtors (heaven forbid!). This is about not accepting anything that isn’t exactly like me. Trust me, I’d be bored talking to ‘me’ (been doing more if that lately) and we look for interesting people with varied lives and experiences. 

Den

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

Just part of a pattern of harping on the issue over many threads.  Those comments are often deleted because they're off topic & derail threads to which they're posted.  The context is always "Celebrity [or LLP] is catering to gay people to the detriment of the cruise line", i.e., stay in the closet and shut up about it.

Chill dude. You are all tripping out for nothing.

1 minute ago, bEwAbG said:

So you want to take the "bigotry is great!" counter-position?  Interesting.

You seem to assume a lot of things and work yourself into a frenzy over nothing. No one is out to get you. So relax and stop being so sensitive.

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

You seem to assume a lot of things and work yourself into a frenzy over nothing. No one is out to get you. So relax and stop being so sensitive.

I'm afraid that your position is not supported by facts.  Yes, some of them, really are "out to get you".  Ask the transgendered people trying to serve this country in the military.

Bigotry is very much alive, thank you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I'm afraid that your position is not supported by facts.  Yes, some of them, really are "out to get you".  Ask the transgendered people trying to serve this country in the military.

Bigotry is very much alive, thank you.

Just curious, Have you ever sailed on Celebrity? 

Most everyone we've met on X  over many years, do their own thing and have a live and let live attitude.  Most everyone on CC ignores Mrs Bee...

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, hcat said:

Just curious, Have you ever sailed on Celebrity? 

Most everyone we've met on X  over many years, do their own thing and have a live and let live attitude.  Most everyone on CC ignores Mrs Bee...

Oh I am sure you are right that most people don't care.  But I am not responding to those "most people".  I am responding to those few people that seem to have a problem.  But yes, what's the point of arguing about it.

No I have not sailed on Celebrity *yet*.  I've only been in a few very helpful threads but this one caught my eye.

Edited by zitsky

6 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

You seem to forget that Celebrity caters to an older clientele. This generation of people are not as open and accepting of alternative lifestyles and maybe don't want to be around a celebration of the lifestyle on board a cruise.

That’s a gross generalisation.  Age has nothing to do with narrow mindedness.  And age also isn’t an excuse for it either.  

• Like 7

10 hours ago, DebInAntigua said:

Have you ever tried to get rid of glitter? It gets EVERYWHERE and you will find it in the most - ahem, unusual - places for weeks.

LOL

Try taking a shower??? :classic_tongue:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, florisdekort said:

That’s a gross generalisation.  Age has nothing to do with narrow mindedness.  And age also isn’t an excuse for it either.  

Nothing I said is false .... Many studies and PEW Research have shown the oldest generation alive today is the least accepting of alternative lifestyles. Celebrity has an older clientele ......... Can you put two and two together? I can ........  

No need to think of the old crowd - you need to be concerned about your viewpoint. If you don’t want to see alternative lifestyle groups on board, that’s one thing. Don’t try to justify it by saying the equivalent of “think of the children” or, in this case, the elderly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zitsky said:

You seem open minded. Are you worried that someone's glitter might fall on you, and then people will think you are one of them?

Personally, my only worry is if my wife finds glitter on me, she's gonna wonder how it got there!!! Back on topic, I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape about how others live their lives...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like It's a continuing ed cruise with a bit of r and r, shopping , and fun thrown in..combines a vacation with a bit of work, partially deductible, I suspect.

Many professional  groups do these to get credit for certification and much of the time is spent in the Conf rms, with a few pvt events. Still it is a group  that will take up certain venues...alot depends on numbers of registrants how it may affect  other cruisers

Not everyone cruises to party...,,esp on X!  We enjoy a quieter relaxing time with  spa, balcony  and solarium days,  nice music and hopefully excellent dining.  Many in all age groups share this preference.

When we want a party, higher energy music, shows, later night life and parades,   we go on Royal C,,...much more lively overall!

Edited by hcat

Personally like others stated I cruise on Celebrity because it is so much more "low key".  I like the one announcement, hope that has not changed, the overall non party etc atmosphere.  I just am looking for getting away, reasonable cost and not be bothered with all time loud music, parties etc. I have no issues with anyones lifestyle/political/views except when they push it in front of me and make that a point of who they are and do look at me now attitude to me.  Then I will push back.  I have friends from all walks of life and we respect each other, we disagree but also know we have each others back on all things.  The discussion if anything should just be about do you like loud party etc or not.  Celebrity I think offers the alternative of the quiet, ie find a chaise lounge and veg type of cruise which I like.  If that changes I will search for a different cruise line.  Personally Celebrity still to me offers the best value, others might disagree but I am also going to be trying Azmera (for the life of me cannot spell that correctly) and also Silversea in the near, well distant future.  Right now I am looking forward to the Reflection in Nov over Thanksgiving. 

• Like 1

Wherever that thread title is from it's not even worded correctly.  If they are trying to state that "Celebrity is now completely LGBTQ friendly" it should say that in that order.  "Celebrity LGBTQ now completely friendly" makes zero sense the way it's worded.  OP - where is this quote from (assuming it is a quote).

1 minute ago, Sascol said:

Wherever that thread title is from it's not even worded correctly.  If they are trying to state that "Celebrity is now completely LGBTQ friendly" it should say that in that order.  "Celebrity LGBTQ now completely friendly" makes zero sense the way it's worded.  OP - where is this quote from (assuming it is a quote).

Check their previous posts. Not only can they not spell, they can't even write LGBTQ in the correct order! It's not a quote, it's just a third rate troll. A thread started to gain much needed attention I assume. It's quite sad really.