Equinox - The bargain basement ship of the Caribbean

Mynki

19 hours ago, Sugarmag13 said:

Has anyone used that site to book?

Yes have used when booking past 10 cruises . Good prices just review every document . Unfortunately our agent has made many errors on our last 2 bookings online . The good news is they honored ther price mistakes in our favor . The agent before her was a snob . Other 7 agents no problems . 

Looking through one or two US sites the prices look extremely cheap, you then start adding in everything and suddenly the price jumps up, even the “brochure starting prices” look high.The UK ta I use gives a price and that’s it, nothing else to add. It just looks a little more bait and switch on the US sites.

Edited by yorky

20 minutes ago, yorky said:

Looking through one or two US sites the prices look extremely cheap, you then start adding in everything and suddenly the price jumps up. The UK ta I use gives a price and that’s it, nothing else to add. It just looks a little more bait and switch on the US sites.

With Celebrity the only real difference is that US TA's don't include taxes and port charges. Oceania can be a lot more complicated. 

A decent UK TA will be able to give you a cheaper 'cruise only' price even when Celebrity UK bundle it with beverage packs, gratuities and OBC as a special offer. None of the perks are free after all. 

The Equinox cruises I posted yesterday were a lot cheaper in the US than in the UK. But right now there are many European cruises which are a lot cheaper when booked here in the UK compared to the US so personally we check both options before committing. 

Edited by Mynki

13 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I booked an 11 day cruising in Sept of this year, last Oct...I can tell you the cruise has gone up since I booked.  Just made final payment....this is for a Balcony Cabin....9th floor.  

13 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I booked an 11 day cruising in Sept of this year, last Oct...I can tell you the cruise has gone up since I booked.  Just made final payment....this is for a Balcony Cabin....9th floor.  

Ours for Sept 23rd is the same

We like booking directly with Celebrity- I noticed a really great price to upgrade to a great suite for our August Equinox cruise- called celebrity and snatched up the suite!  If I had to contact a TA, perhaps I would have lost that suite for a bargain rate!  They would first have to contact Celebity then make the change.

Boy, am I happy!!

Edited by Cruise a holic

16 hours ago, Loucat said:

We have used that agency and had a fine experience. Living in Florida and being "storm shy" after 2004-2005 hurricane season, we had to evacuate for the first time in 2018 due to Irma. I will not bore you with the years in between.

We will not sail in August- September so they could price cruises as low as they could go, and we will not leave for vacation purposes.

We have animals, a house to care for and decisions to make depending on the strength and path of any storm system.

Glad for those who can take advantage of good pricing! Enjoy!

I too live in Florida.  Don't have animals.  I just put the hurricane shutters down and leave.  I had to evacuate during Irma very last minute.  Returning after was not pleasant with no power.  So I'd rather be gone.