High Tea

UnMe4ever2gether

3 hours ago, Alushar said:

This is right but wrong way around. The fine china could take the hot water so it was "posh" to pour water first. The "lower" classes used clay cups etc so put milk in first to cool the brew 

Thanks for giving us the correct info! So sorry my "rememberer" got it backwards.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TxCityKat said:

Thanks for giving us the correct info! So sorry my "rememberer" got it backwards.

and now it doesn't matter as all cups can take the hot water! Does taste different though if milk is in first it's a but creamier as the hot water emulsifies the milk so it's water then milk, if I have it, for me :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alushar said:

and now it doesn't matter as all cups can take the hot water! Does taste different though if milk is in first it's a but creamier as the hot water emulsifies the milk so it's water then milk, if I have it, for me 🙂

And here I go getting it backwards again! 😊

I prefer milk first since adding the hot beverage sort of "stirs" the mixture for me. That way, lazy me does not have to take time to pick up the spoon and mix the two. I can proceed faster to the first sip and my greatly anticipated "Ahhh that's good!" moment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cocobakerchica said:

One of the nicest teas I've been to was with my DM in St George, Bermuda at the Lili Bermuda Perfumery gardens.  It was so pretty; we had traditional afternoon tea but iced instead of hot(it was 80+ degrees!).  The other was many years ago at the Pierre Hotel in NYC, very posh setting, beautiful tea service.  The Chateu Frontenac is amazing, no tea there but their bar and cocktails are lovely.

Thanks...hope still there in Bermuda..will check it out!

Ps  wonders of the internet..found it..here's the link.

https://www.lilibermuda.com/pages/afternoon-high-tea

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Thanks...hope still there in Bermuda..will check it out!

Ps  wonders of the internet..found it..here's the link.

https://www.lilibermuda.com/pages/afternoon-high-tea

I should've given them a shout out, I found them here on the Cruise Critic Bermuda board. 😣  Anyway, if you decide to go, I hope you have a wonderful time.  

22 minutes ago, miched said:

I am sure there is now High Tea as there is high coffee

https://www.stravacraftcoffee.com/products/peace-wellness-focus-hemp-infused-coffee-30mg

Willie Nelson now has his own brand for sale

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

This won't get anyone high, it's hemp and CBD, which is the benefits of cannibis without the getting high part.  If one wanted to have "high" tea, they just need to properly prepare their (legally obtained according to their jurisdiction, of course!) cannibis, mix the proper amount with their favorite brand of tea, and brew it like normal tea.