Alaska Galore whale watching Juneau

bedrick

36 minutes ago, tetleytea said:

No, Toursaver.

Tell me more about Toursaver.  Did you buy the coupon book?  Did you feel you will be able to get your money’s worth out of it?  I still haven’t booked any excursions, & I need to decide pretty quick!  Our cruise leaves on July 1st. from Vancouver.  We want to go on the Mount Roberts Tram, & either Whale watching or a combo tour.  I was wondering what would be the best way to do this.  TIA.

We got our money's worth all right.  We always do.   Mount Roberts depends on the weather, though--if you can't see the top of the tram from the ground, then you won't see much on top. 

We thought the White Pass railroad coupon was the best.  

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 1:40 AM, bedrick said:

Thanks tetleytea.  Did you by any chance book thru iCruise Shore Excursions?

For the whale watching, you probably won't beat Marv & Harv on price and experience.  They keep their capacity on boats low and you can even book a small party charter if you have a group.  

• 3 weeks later...

Are you still looking for feedback on Alaska Galore for whale watching in Juneau? We used them and thought they were great. I can give more info. We used the Toursaver coupon. We just returned yesterday, and I still have the Toursaver book if anyone is interested. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 10:14 AM, tetleytea said:

Mount Roberts depends on the weather, though--if you can't see the top of the tram from the ground, then you won't see much on top. 

Great point.    I think I should use that as the deciding factor for whether to take the tram up vs do other things.

On 6/20/2019 at 4:49 PM, bedrick said:

Hi

Has anyone used Alaska Galore for whale watching in Juneau?  Are they a reliable company?

We booked our private whale watching tour thru our Princess cruise.  We had 6 people so the price worked out almost the same as a regular whale watching tour with 100 other people.  Really enjoyed being on the smaller boat.  I was worried about sea sickness (I have gotten sick on a deep sea fishing boat), but you never lose sight of land and it was great.  You could sit inside the cabin (which did have a bathroom) or outside.  Of course when we were stopped we were all outside.  Weather was nice for viewing, not cold.  We had no idea WHO the tour would be thru.  We did get our "envelope/tickets" upon arrival in our cabin, but it did not specify the company the tour was with.  It turned out to be Alaska Galore, the boat was the "Reel Lucky" and our captain was Christina.  She was the absolute BEST!  She was alone, and really knew how to maneuver that boat and find the whales!  We saw 6-8 different ones that day including a Mama with a baby.  She knew all the whales by name, due to tail markings etc.  She also took us to a place to see the sea lions.   Highly recommend!!!

• 4 months later...
On 7/13/2019 at 9:09 AM, Burry said:

Are you still looking for feedback on Alaska Galore for whale watching in Juneau? We used them and thought they were great. I can give more info. We used the Toursaver coupon. We just returned yesterday, and I still have the Toursaver book if anyone is interested. 

I know this was from several months ago, but I'm curious how many of the Toursaver coupons are available for the same excursion. It is me, my husband and 2 of our kids going on the whale watching tour. When we went to NYC and bought a coupon book, there were multiple copies of the same coupon, so we could use two coupons to buy two and get two free. Is this book the same? Or are you only able to use one coupon per excursion? Thanks!