Sanctuary on Crown

augies

Just a little further clarification, the stairs up from Sun Deck are actually the "barrel" shaped things near the Tradewinds bar, the deck plan is slightly offset, the Sports deck is actually slightly aft Sky deck (referring to the images posted in andlep's post.

Exit via the "Spa Entrance" and go up the stairs just ahead of you, you'll have to loop around to the far side to do so.

FYI, Ruby, Emerald, and Caribbean are same as Crown.  If you know the ship well, there is an alternate route thru the Lotus Spa, but I would stick with the advice in Post #4.  The other piece of advice is to hustle those buns if you are on a Caribbean cruise.

Elevators may/may not be tied up with people boarding and heading to cabins.  So that opens up the third possible route.

1 hour ago, steelers36 said:

. . . 

Elevators may/may not be tied up with people boarding and heading to cabins.  So that opens up the third possible route.

LOL indeed, I've been known to climb 11 flights faced with long queues at the elevator. 

Our drill is always the same.  DW - you take the bags and wait for me near the IC.  ME - sprint by the fastest available route to the Sanctuary.  So far, we've never been shut out, and often we've been laughably lonely in the Sanctuary (leading me to question my sanity for hustling up).  But we've also been on cruises where every lounge sold out, one never knows, and if it's important to you I too would advise making your way directly there.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jondfk said:

LOL indeed, I've been known to climb 11 flights faced with long queues at the elevator. 

Our drill is always the same.  DW - you take the bags and wait for me near the IC.  ME - sprint by the fastest available route to the Sanctuary.  So far, we've never been shut out, and often we've been laughably lonely in the Sanctuary (leading me to question my sanity for hustling up).  But we've also been on cruises where every lounge sold out, one never knows, and if it's important to you I too would advise making your way directly there.

Been there, done that.  FIL twice and second once.  I recall the last time I ran the gauntlet that I was stymied by a ton of B2Ber's and basically had to wait it out five days until our B2B turn.  And then I decided I didn't really like the layout/design of Regal Sanctuary as there was little sun relief.  Found a better spot, but minus the comfy lounge cushion.  

On 6/20/2019 at 3:22 PM, augies said:

What's the fastest route to the sanctuary on the crown on embarkation day?  I can't determine which elevators are closest.  

Thanks.

front elevators.